kinimcd's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Deleted all emails by mistake using my IPad - HELP!!!

Can someone PLEASE advise as to how I can retrive my emails I deleted yesterday when setting up  my IPad?

I'm a wreck over this!!! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Did you check the Trash folder to see if they are there?  If so you can move them back to your Inbox.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The trash folder is empty as well.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast email is so far behind, I've deleted emails and they don't even show up in the trash folder sometimes for days. If you haven't changed it the trash folder should be set to 30 days to delete everything so you should still be ok. Just give Comcast a couple days for their antique system to catch up. Sometimes I have whole folders disappear, they usually come back in a day or two and guess what? . My friend switched to AT&T And he doesn't have all the problems I have.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you are correct and I'll just have to sit tight.

I'll call tomorrow if it doesn't resolve itself.

Thank you for your input.

@ubear2 wrote:
Comcast email is so far behind, I've deleted emails and they don't even show up in the trash folder sometimes for days. If you haven't changed it the trash folder should be set to 30 days to delete everything so you should still be ok. Just give Comcast a couple days for their antique system to catch up. Sometimes I have whole folders disappear, they usually come back in a day or two and guess what? . My friend switched to AT&T And he doesn't have all the problems I have.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Your Welcome! I deleted some today and just looked and they haven't made it to the trash folder yet. Good Luck to you.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, the trash folder is STILL empty! ugh

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Did you look to see how often you have your trash set to be emptied? I have mind set for 30 days to prevent this from happening and I never manually delete them. Of course if you went to the trash folder and did a manual delete I'm not sure you can get them back. I recommend calling Comcast and ask for email support. Hopefully you'll have better luck getting someone that can help you than I've had.
Good Luck

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Hello Again:  I just found something that might help you out but not sure. Go to your email on a Desktop/Laptop and on the left next to "Trash Folder" There to the right of that folder you should see three Horizontal lines (one on top of another) I just clicked on mine and the bottom choice said  "Recover Deleted Items" I clicked on that and it shows me all the deleted emails clear back to 2009.

Now worse case senerio would be you might have to mail/forward them to your Ipad.  Nothing to loose by trying and maybe everything to gain. I can't believe I never clicked on them 3 lines before. Just shows were never to old to learn new tricks. Hope this helps you out?

Good Luck Again

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here