pghinman's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 9:00 AM

Closed

is this "promotion" legitimate?

I recived a phone call offering me a large reduction in my monthly fee using a promotional code and telling me to call a number that is supposedly the billing department: 888-204-5441. I am always suspicious of offers when I get rather than initiate the call, so I want to verify that this offer is really from Comcast/Xfinity. Is this a Comcast phone number and have others used such a promotional code?

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Nope, it isn't. My husband got the same call this morning. He was told our new rate would be $39.99/mo for the next two years, and to call the 888 number back (presumably to get personal info at that point). He called the normal Xfinity number instead, and was told that no, there aren't any current specials going on. Did your "rep" say that the deal was because so many people were quitting Xfinity because rates went up, like ours? If only that really did happen with Xfinity...

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @pghinman! I know this can be concerning if it was real or a scam. I know there is a team that does do outbound calls to our customers for new offers. I don't have that phone number handy to verify, but what I can do, I can research your account, as well as go over any other offers we have if you're interested! Just need you to send us a private message with your name and address. Just click on my name "ComcastStarr" then click "send a message". 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

When you click on my name, does it bring you to a new page? If so, can you look on the left hand side and tell me what you see? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I can't figue out how to send you a private message. I clicked on "ComcastStarr" but don't find there any "send message" button.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it's a new page with address

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6951849

There's nothing on the left side, the center is a sequence of "kudos"

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, perfect and thanks so much for providing the link above! On that page, you should see a button on the far right that says "Send a message". You might need to adjust your screen resolution settings or zoom out to locate it as well. Please let us know if you run into any further issues and thanks again for bearing with us! 

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, shoot, sorry to hear this, pghinman! Regretfully the photo you uploaded above is not coming through on our end either, however, we definitely want to continue working with you until we have this issue resolved. Can you try using a different web browser to see if that helps by chance? Also, do you know if you're receiving any type of pop-up settings interfering when you open the page itself? Thanks again for all your continued patience throughout this process. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Well, perhaps I should see a "send a message" button, but I don't. Here's what it looks like

ComcastStarr Page.png

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here