FuzzyNJ's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Re: Need Payment Extension Do To COVID19

@ComcastTeds 

I will be needing an extension to pay my $300+ monthly bill too. Most likely for more than this month, unfortunately.

Is there any other way this can be handled other than changing the payday up by 30-days? I have been furloughed and have no income for the unforeseeable future.

Not sure how much in fees I've racked up to date, but I'm sure there will be more to come. I don't think I've missed a payment in the 20-years I've been a subscriber.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@FuzzyNJ 

Sorry to hear this news. 

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

I have applied a credit to your account as a courtesy.  Thanks for your patience. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1. @ComcastTeds I’m so confused on why my once $250 max bill is now almost $400 bucks during this COVID pandemic without any type of explanation/reason/notice for this sudden drastic increase ?! How the freak am I suppose to pay this with no type of payment arrangement option available?!!! I have been a loyal customer of xfinity for some years and don’t understand this drastic increase out of the blue , please help !

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did you get an extension ? Because they won't do anything for me after 13 years of paying 250 a month.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@alf253   Payment arrangements are available.  Your services remain on. 

To clarify, I can confirm that your monthly rate is about $234 a month. (not $250).  

You can see how to view your monthly statements at the link below to review how much is actually paid on your bill each month.  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/viewing-your-bill-online-ecobill

I have reversed any late fees incurred on your account over the past 24 months and an additional loyalty credit as a courtesy. I hope that helps. Hang in there. 

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially during an unprecedented time like this. Although your bill payments are overdue, we have pledged to keep you connected during this difficult time.

We've developed the Xfinity Assistance Plan. The Plan enables you to continue to receive Xfinity Internet service for a lower price. The Plan also ensures that you won't accrue large outstanding balances during this difficult period. The Plan is described below and will be in effect until at least May 13, 2020. Please know that you will not be disconnected during this time.

Please note that, if you have Xfinity TV services, they are not included in the Xfinity Assistance Plan and will be suspended unless you pay your past due balance. If you have Xfinity Mobile or Xfinity Home services, neither will be suspended during this time, although your Xfinity Home service may be diminished. You'll still be able to arm and disarm your system and use your cameras to monitor activity.

Any Xfinity Internet service will be transferred to the Xfinity Assistance Plan in the next couple of days. The Plan will appear as "Xfinity Assistance Plan" on your next bill with a charge of $14.95 per month.

Here's what the Xfinity Assistance Plan includes:

•Xfinity Internet at the speed of 25/3 Mbps

•No Xfinity Wireless Gateway rental charges

Once your past due balance is paid, your prior Xfinity services will resume. Please be aware it may take up to 48 hours for all of your services to be reactivated, and there will not be a reactivation charge. We'll let you know when the Xfinity Assistance Plan ends. When it does, you must pay all of your past due balances to maintain your services and avoid disconnection.

If you prefer to discontinue your Xfinity service, please visit xfinity.com/support/cancel-service.

We hope the Xfinity Assistance Plan offers some relief during these uncertain times. Visit xfinity.com/prepare for answers to frequently asked questions about how we're handling the COVID-19 pandemic and tips to optimize your home network.

To schedule a payment or see your billing details, go to My Account at xfinity.com/myaccount.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds 

The soonest I can make the payment on my account? I used the procedure you suggested and scheduled my payment for thr 6th of July (6 days from now). Will this keep my services on? I am a mother of 6 and they need the TV and internet as they can't go anywhere due to this virus. They'll go crazy without it! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@BWesley1450  Thanks for reaching out here. I was able to review your account and your services are currently set up through July 18th based on your recent payment arrangement for July 6th.     

As a courtesy, I have credited back any late charges incurred over the past 22 months plus an additional credit for your loyalty. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience and hang in there.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How or who do you ask to request payment extensions?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@MummifiedMum 

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

I have applied a credit to your account as a courtesy. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I need an extension on my bill. I have had issues since my service started with the cable box freezing up and the internet dropping. I was told that someone would look into the issue and issue me a credit. I have been out of work for a while due to the COVID-19 and I need my internet for my children who do homeschool. Please help.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@SamSympson 

As a courtesy, I have credited back any late charges incurred over the past months plus an additional credit for your loyalty. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience and hang in there.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

I have been out of a job most of this month because I was tested for COVID19, and I was place on an leave from my work place for about 2 1/2 weeks. Although I just returned to work this week, I need a payment extension please. I have been struggling financially this whole month, my service is at risk for disconnection. I also have been having some mental health issues that have come up which has made work challenging but I am working on those issues. Can someone please take a look into my account and see if there is anything that you can due to help someone who is struggling to put food on my families table due to this pandemic.
I was also furloughed from my part time job as an Emergency Medical Technician, which is also lost income for me.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Bkrehely 

I have applied a credit to your account as a courtesy. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Need a extension

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Kesha1977 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds
I will be needing an extension to pay my bill too. Most likely for more than this month, unfortunately.
Is there any other way this can be handled other than changing the payday up by 30-days? I have been furloughed and have no income for the unforeseeable future.
I have currently been shut off, even though the xfinity site claims that they will not shut us off.....
Not sure how much in fees I've racked up to date, but I'm sure there will be more to come.
Any help would be appreciated.
* edit: apparently my monthly rate was also hiked by almost $30 / month.... this is completely unacceptable and ridiculous...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Ccain9182 

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services.

Your account is showing as eligible for a payment arrangement:

Looks like your promotional discount rate expired. You were receiving a $29.96 monthly discount on your package.  

As a courtesy, I have credited back any late charges incurred over the past months plus an additional credit for your loyalty. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience and hang in there.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here