gwnga's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Low hanging hazardous cable

During a recent storm, a tree fell across the overhead cable above my driveway stretching it so that it is much too low. The guy wire on one of the poles was also broken.  I have tried to report the sagging cable as it is hanging lower than any worktruck or delivery truck can pass. I can only submit a generic hazard notice online and I have received an email stating my "request has been resolved" within minutes of submitting the report .  I can clearly see no repair truck has come to solve the issue, nor has anyone contacted me to clarify the hazard!  Is there a human being out there who can help elevate this hazardous issue before the line is torn completely down?    Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @gwnga, thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page about this and bringing it to our attention. We would love to assist you with getting someone out to further look into this and get it corrected. I see you have already sent us a Private Message, so I will continue assisting you there. Thank you!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’m having a similar issue with low hanging lines blocking a driveway at my business. Semi trucks are hitting it as they enter and exit property. Also, Comcast sub contractors moved our parking concrete stops and left mounds of dirt in our parking lot when they burying cable next to out property. But all debris and mess is on our property. I have 3 separate ticket numbers created with Comcast customer service, still nothing has transpired to correct situation

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning @user_304015 and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We apologize for the frustrating experience and our Digital Care Team would be more than happy to look into your tickets and help get this resolved. To better assist,  please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

same problem. a tree limb came down and tore the comcast line free from its connection to my house - so now its hanging very low with a sharp metal screw-hook attached to it. i reported it via the lame comcast report and issue page and a day later got the same reply - issue was resolved. well - no it wasn't - the cable is still hanging down low detached from the house. comcast is infuriating in their lack of customer support.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I know how frustrating it can be to have a line hanging low like that and we definitely want to get this resolved. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having a similar issue. I have low hanging lines that trucks entering and exiting my business are hitting. Also, the contractors that Comcast sub-contracted to install these new lines not only hung them too low that they are causing hazardous conditions. They also moved my concrete parking stops and did not put them back in place, also they left mounds of dirt in my parking lot that they dug out and did not put in dump trucks or trailers and haul off. I have been trying to get this resolved for 2 months. Comcast keeps issuing ticket numbers and do not take any action. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_304015 and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Any hazardous situation caused by our services is something we take seriously. Please send a private message with your name and service address by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Then select the Xfinity Support tab to start the chat session.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have reported a main line wire that is hanging 30inches off the ground in the 16 days ago. And have had 8 different comcast vans and trucks come out......look at wire and then get back in there vehicles and sit for some time and then leave. I called each time and you all tell me that it was a wrong ticket or another excuse. Yesterday I spoke to a 3rd different "Supervisor" named ED ( I am sure not using real names) and he told me it was because they are waiting for power company to fix transformer and pole??? When I first saw wire I called them first 16 days ago and they informed me it was a comcast wire...as I report to comcast many times. So I called ComEd and they said no such work ticket existed and no work schedule in my area. WHY DO YOU LIE ABOUT IT????? I have come to believe that unless there is loss of service that comcast will do nothing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_794806, thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page about this and bringing it to our attention. We never want for you to be frustrated or feel like you have been lied to. That is never the experience we want for you to have from us. I know if I was in your shoes I would be just as upset and frustrated looking for answer too! We would love to assist you with a full investigation on your account. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page. Thank you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

There is a low hanging xfinity wire running from a utility pole in the back corner of my yard across the diagonal width of my yard to my neighbor's house.  I am also an xfinity customer.  With each storm the wire creeps lower and I recently saw my children playing with it.  I have contacted Xfinity and within thirty minutes I received an email that my "request has been resolved" although it clearly was not.  I see no chat option at the top right, as stated in previous responses.   xfinity assistant produced the false response and leads to nowhere.  Please let me know how I can get this corrected before someone gets hurt.  Thank you for your attention.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here