Midnightsalty20's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Have a question that hasn't been answered. Would like to talk to someone who cares, please?

Our bill this month was ridiculous! We don't watch very much TV, but we enjoy and have been customers at Comcast for 40 years. We would just like some help on what we should do because we don't feel very valued. The last message I sent was September 4 and it hasn't been answered yet. Please help! @CCShane, @ccmartin, @customer_service

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Midnightsalty20 wrote:

Our bill this month was ridiculous! We don't watch very much TV, but we enjoy and have been customers at Comcast for 40 years. We would just like some help on what we should do because we don't feel very valued. The last message I sent was September 4 and it hasn't been answered yet. Please help!

You didn't make a public post here about this.  Did you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee?  If so, you either sent it to an OE that is no longer working here or who chose to ignore it because it's against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

FWIW, none of those @ tags were correct.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Midnightsalty20 wrote:

Thank you for responding. I did send my concerns to the forum. No one has answered until you did. I didn't go against forum guidelines and used the accessible use policy correctly, so that isn't the problem. I tagged people that I have talked to in the past who told me I could do this. Thank you for your response. Still waiting on help.

Are you sure you sent it to this forum, or under this username?  Before you started this thread the last post you made was in May.  Click on your username to go to your profile and scroll down to see your posts.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for responding. I did send my concerns to the forum. No one has answered until you did. I didn't go against forum guidelines and used the accessible use policy correctly, so that isn't the problem. I tagged people that I have talked to in the past who told me I could do this. Thank you for your response. Still waiting on help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

@Again wrote:

If so, you either sent it to an OE that is no longer working here or who chose to ignore it because it's against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

Hi. I see you mentioning this in many posts. I read the Forum Guidelines do's and don'ts and see no mention of sending a message to Comcast Employees. Can you be specific and point me to the section where this is discussed? I'm certainly not doubting you. But it's obvious I am missing a set of rules and want to be able to read them all. Thanks much!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@HughRYew wrote:

@Again wrote:

If so, you either sent it to an OE that is no longer working here or who chose to ignore it because it's against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

Hi. I see you mentioning this in many posts. I read the Forum Guidelines do's and don'ts and see no mention of sending a message to Comcast Employees. Can you be specific and point me to the section where this is discussed? I'm certainly not doubting you. But it's obvious I am missing a set of rules and want to be able to read them all. Thanks much!

From the last sentence of the Forum Guidelines:

Keep it public.PNG

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I should have been more clear. The op stated that they had contacted someone they had spoken to in the past. In my situation I have an old contact that I would like to speak with so I don't have to start from scratch. I don't interpret that section from keep it public as meaning I violated forum guidelines if I reach out to someone that has helped before. I had issues that took months to resolve and as a 40+ year customer with original account at original property I would never start a naked topic without trying to involve reps I have a history with. Also, the amount of topics with 0 replies on this board does not exactly encourage confidence in the entire keep it public philosophy. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@HughRYew wrote:

I should have been more clear. The op stated that they had contacted someone they had spoken to in the past. In my situation I have an old contact that I would like to speak with so I don't have to start from scratch. I don't interpret that section from keep it public as meaning I violated forum guidelines if I reach out to someone that has helped before. I had issues that took months to resolve and as a 40+ year customer with original account at original property I would never start a naked topic without trying to involve reps I have a history with. Also, the amount of topics with 0 replies on this board does not exactly encourage confidence in the entire keep it public philosophy. 

I'm sorry @HughRYew, you'll still need to post your issue publicly in the correct forum and wait for an OE to ask you to PM them.  Those are the rules.  Plus, the OE you worked with before may no longer be working in these Forums.  When you send an unsolicited PM you are saying you're more important than anyone else in the forum, especially those that waited for an OE to respond to their post.  It's almost like saying, "excuse me, but I belong at the head of the line because I know this OE and have worked with them many times before; everyone else can just wait".

This is primarily a customer-to-customer help and support forum, with a few OE's stepping in to help customers - customers that follow the rules.  And our OE's help in other areas of media, too, so people flooding them with unsolicited PM's doesn't help anyone but just backs up the OE's.  And FWIW, during the last few weeks our OE's have been trying to catch up on posts that were made up to 2 months ago.

Sadly, now, I have to close this thread because it has strayed off topic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here