Community Forum

Xfinity Free Movie Week 2021

ComcastJessie
Administrator

Xfinity Free Movie Week 2021

ComcastJessie_0-1612799583861.png

Don’t miss your chance to watch tons of the best movies, all for free! Free Movies Week is happening February 8 – 14 for Xfinity customers across our Xfinity On Demand platforms on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Xfinity Stream.

The following full On Demand movie libraries are available without a subscription with an Xfinity ID and password:

• Titles from premium networks and subscription services, including STARZ®, EPIX, *SHOWTIME® and Hitz, like Bad Boyz for Life (STARZ), Sonic the Hedgehog (EPIX) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (STARZ).
  • Black and Spanish-language film collections through premium networks and subscriptions services like: WE tv+, Brown Sugar, KweliTV and Pantaya plus cable channels like TV ONE, Cine Latino, Cine Sony and ViendoMovies.

Additionally, as an Xfinity customer, you always have access to thousands of hours of free content through Peacock, Xumo and Tubi.

Learn more about Free Movies Week and some of the titles you can catch here.

Terms of Service

*SHOWTIME only available 2/11 – 2/14.

**Free Movies Week available to residential Xfinity TV and Internet customers from 2/8/21 to 2/14/21. Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Not all content, including Showtime, available for the entire promotional period. HBO Max content limited to select movies. Not all content available with the Xfinity Stream app. Peacock Premium: eligible X1 TV box required. Peacock Premium requires Digital Starter TV, or equivalent, or above. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/month value. Activation required to access Peacock. Programming subject to change. Standard data charges apply to download and usage. Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2020 Comcast. All rights reserved. All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
wahollingsworth
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Free Movie Week 2021

This is misleading.  I have tried to access the "FREE" movies week and it prompts me to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE when I choose to watch a movie on Starz using ondemand.  What is free about that? Oh, and I talked to two tiers of support where they told me that nothing could be done about this.  They offered me a free month subscription and then a credit for that, however seems kind of like this was not implemented well or it's being used to get people to subscribe to other channels.  I was on the phone with support and when I asked about who to talk to at the next level, my call was mysteriously dropped.  Customer for 20 years and have never had this level of frustration with the service or support channels.

Ma4201
Contributor

If you have X1 service then just say free movie week in to the X1 remote it will take you  to a screen that says free movie week February 8-14 scroll down to a little of what is free then you want to keep scrolling down to the very bottom there will be a long box  just click on that box and then that's where you cansee all movies  Broken down into catagories of the types of movies you make like

wahollingsworth
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response.  That only takes me to Free Movies where I am a channel subscriber.  The intent of this promotion is not to see free movies, which I already know about, but to see movies on channels where I am not a subscriber.  Example:  Right below the free movies selection there is a heading "the best free things to watch today."  I selected Bad Boys for Life and get prompted to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE to Starz.  I am not a subscriber of Starz, however should be able to watch that movie for free. Intent and ease of use by customers should be better than this along with being able to talk to someone without having them hang up on me.  

Ma4201
Contributor

I found another way can find the movies you are looking for starz epix and others click on the button on your remote that says XFINITY scroll down just one spot you will see a white box it says free movie week February 8 To 14  in that same box you'll see starz epix and others click on that box then scroll down to you get to where it say participating networks right under you will see starz  others where you can watch movies 

from those premium networks I already found 2 movies on that I will be watching for free on starz 

Again
Expert

@wahollingsworth wrote:

This is misleading.  I have tried to access the "FREE" movies week and it prompts me to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE when I choose to watch a movie on Starz using ondemand.  What is free about that? Oh, and I talked to two tiers of support where they told me that nothing could be done about this.  They offered me a free month subscription and then a credit for that, however seems kind of like this was not implemented well or it's being used to get people to subscribe to other channels.  I was on the phone with support and when I asked about who to talk to at the next level, my call was mysteriously dropped.  Customer for 20 years and have never had this level of frustration with the service or support channels.

Does this apply to you?

Don’t miss your chance to watch tons of the best movies, all for free! Free Movies Week is happening February 8 – 14 for Xfinity customers across our Xfinity On Demand platforms on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Xfinity Stream.

Are you on X1, Flex, or Stream?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
wahollingsworth
Regular Visitor

X1 - Going to try another suggestion from Ma4201.

wahollingsworth
Regular Visitor

Yeah. I’m done looking through every movie to see if it’s “free” per the Comcast promotion that keeps showing up as an option for me. Think I’ll spend my time figuring out how to decrease the options on my current subscription and, and at some point, phasing out everything but internet. <br>Going back to my original complaint.<br>1. Free is misleading if not an outright lie.<br>2. The tier 2 support person hanging up on me when I asked to talk to the next level speaks to the fact that they don’t like escalations. (No, I did not cuss or yell at the support person).<br>3. Customer usability is sorely lacking for this “free” offer.<br>4. Signing me up for a channel that has “free” movies is not an option. <br><br>Customer of Comcast since 2002, so not one to change services for no reason.
ComcastJessie
Administrator

@wahollingsworth 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to view Free Movie Week content. It appears there may have been an issue with your account's On-Demand profile that our team has already corrected for you. We ask that you please reset your television boxes by unplugging them for 1 minute and plugging them back in and then retest.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues or have any additional comments/questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
wahollingsworth
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJessie
That has resolved the issue. All boxes taken through a cold boot and now seeing that the movies are coming through as free as advertised.
BikemanI7
Frequent Visitor

Some of the Movies in Free Movies Week Area-Comedy Section for me showing up as Rent/Buy or Just Buy and not Free like suppose to be

Is there any fix to this issue?

ComcastBrie
Official Employee

Hey @BikemanI7 Would you be able to give a few examples of affected movie titles? 

BikemanI7
Frequent Visitor

Sure can,  Lethal Weapon 3 & 4  In Free Comedy Section When Clicked Free Movies Week in On Demand Section,  

We're The Millers--Same section, down a bit though

i'd have to look for more,  did see Police Academy before, forget what section that was in though possibly same one--but not positive which one Family was browsing down there on the other TV

Hope this is helpful, if not i can find more examples if needed

jandbcusson
New Poster

We are noticing the same. Tried to watch Hall Pass from the same “Free comedy movies to lift your spirits” section, and while most others around it are free, Hall Pass is requiring rental or purchase.
mrh88
Frequent Visitor

Having the same problem as noted up above. Got a notification that this is "Free Movie Week". Tried looking at Starz, Epix, Showtime, etc...online through xfinity.com/stream/listings which is where I do most of my viewing. Everything comes up 'This requires a subscription.  Subscribe'. Tried the Xfinity Stream app on a tablet and my phone. Same thing.

Nothing free for me, and I'm not going to bother calling customer service. Maybe it's just bad luck, but I've found them to be only slighter better than useless.

mrh88
Frequent Visitor

<Edited>

Nope. It says 'not all content available', but I couldn't find a single thing that was available for free. I don't know if this is an issue with planning or execution but clearly something went wrong with the implementation. I'm trying to watch less TV, not more, anyway and eventually get away from Comcast/Xfinity altogether. This is probably for the best anyway.

ComcastJessie
Administrator

@mrh88@jandbcusson & @BikemanI7 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to watch content during Free Movies Week. It looks like your accounts had a similar issue as mentioned by user wahollingsworth. Our teams have since corrected this issue for you all. Would you mind please resetting your television boxes by unplugging for 1 minute and plug it back in and retest? 

Please let us know if you continue to experience any further issues. 

BikemanI7
Frequent Visitor

Will Do the Box Reset as soon as possible, Thank you 

ComcastThomasF
Official Employee

Movies from Showtime will be available to all customers, however, only from Thursday, February 11 through Sunday, February 14. Not all content, including Showtime, is available for the entire promotional period. This is due to contractual obligations.

whynotfree
New Poster

Yes, once again Infinity is lying about Free TV week.  I've tried all the tricks suggested in this Forum, but nothing works for me.  Starz continues to require a subscription.  In the fine print (of course), Infinity says this it 'not available in all areas".  Of course.  Why not just advertise in the areas where it is available and stop torturing the rest of us.  It is SO annoying.  Way to lose customer good will -- if you had any.

catsluvr
New Poster

Free movie week is a joke. Lots of old movies and HBO Max not included!
ComcastAmira
Official Employee

Hello @catsluvr, thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns. I will absolutely get this feedback passed along. Please be sure to visit us on forums for any future issues or concerns you may have, we're here to help! 

Kawpeaslee
New Poster

I too got the email announcing free movie week. Have tried everything. All I get it is a message Oops. Something went wrong. Come back later. This file is empty. For the entire xfinity stream app. Tried to get help. Got runaround. No help at all. Spare me the next "promotion" please. Can see on my phone but not my TV. Very helpful.
Bokicat
New Poster

I am also having the same problem. In several areas, it advertises free Harry Potter movies. However, when you click on it, it only allows you to rent or buy. Misleading!!
Sweet66
New Poster

Is this just for streaming?  I see no sign of it on On Demand.  I rebooted my cable box as suggested and there is still no sign of free movies week.  Come on Comcast.  Why is this so hard?

Sweet66
New Poster

I don't see any sign of free movies when doing this.

Sweet66
New Poster

I reset my cable box the way you suggested and nothing has changed.  I called and talked to a customer support person and he had no idea what i was talking about when i said 'free movies week'.  LOL.  Is comcast getting to large to manage?  Honestly, what a disappointment.  

Ma4201
Contributor

If you have X1 just say the words show me apps into the X1 remote the first thing you see free movies week February 8-14  click on that box then keep scrolling down to you see the words that say participating networks it will say  starz epix showtime peacock lifetime movie club hallmark movies now and so on  I am not a Harry Potter fan but I just said the words Harry potter into X1 remote and it brought up Harry Potter movies  and the first 8 it showed as free I have watched  4 free movies on starz this week the pick up artist .never been kissed . Spider man far from home and riding in cars with boys and watched 1 free movie on epix called instant family I just checked starz and all 4 movies are still showing play free to me and 1 movie I watched on epix this week is also showing as play free to me I do not subscribe to either starz or epix so the only way I could  watch them is in the free movies week

ComcastAbbie
Official Employee

Oh no! I am sorry to hear this was your experience when calling in and that resetting your box didn't resolve the issue.

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

LRS3
New Poster

Is there any way to be notified when Xfinity has a "free movie week" promotion beforehand? I either miss it or don't find out until the last day. 

dcfox
Regular Contributor

Agree they do wait to the last minute it was announced here the day it started.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

@LRS3 wrote: Is there any way to be notified when Xfinity has a "free movie week" promotion beforehand? ...

I don't know of a way to do that. But if you check https://www.xfinity.com/hub/ and https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies now and then you'll see previews announced there. Unfortunately, the pages are cluttered with previews that are long gone.  ☹️

ComcastAshley
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @LRS3, thank you for reaching out to us on our Community forums! All promotions are sent via email, commercials and or placed on the Xfinity Website https://comca.st/3jYsedb. 

LRS3
New Poster

Thank you for replying but I do not recall receiving an email this time or the last in November. I can't afford to "upgrade" my plan and appreciate anytime there's a chance to catch some movies etc.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastAshley wrote: ... https://comca.st/3jYsedb. 

@ComcastAshley: Your link is broken. It has extra characters tacked on to the end that will cause most browsers to display a Bitly error page instead of the Xfinity home page you intended.

Why use link shorteners at all? They just increase the chance of errors like the one posted. Why not just post https://my.xfinity.com/ and have done with it???

LRS3
New Poster

Hi Ashley,

Please let whoever is in charge of marketing/communications always please send using email. I don't "visit" the website too often. We tend to fast forward through commercials 😄