DBassila's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 16th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Why is Golf channel so pixelated?

This last weekend was the first televised golf tournament since Covid and it was very hard to watch. It was pixelated the whole time. other channels for sports do not have this issue? Any Ideas as why only this channel?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

Pixelation happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. It can happen to one channel, several channels, or all of them. It might be because of a bad cable box or a problem at Comcast (check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the "My Account" app) but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just out of curiosity where are you located, I am in the Metro Detroit area and I encounter the same pixelating on The Golf Channel (channel #207) but have no issues on channels #206 or #208.

I also encounter pixelating on channel #197 (Food Network) which I never watch,  so I really  don't care much about the issue there. My best guess is this is something on Comcast's end but trying to manage their infinite maze of CR's that are almost always in a different country and reading you the stock answers they have in there booklet, makes this even more frustrating.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Channels come in on different frequencies and not necessarily the order the fall in on the guide. Check your cables are tight and in good repair, remove any unnecessary splitters and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here