stachyra1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, November 16th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Why do multiple defective Emergency Alerts Take Over TV for 3 to 5 minutes?

This started yesterday. Today it repeats.

I am getting all TV service interrupted and completely disabled for almost 5 minutes. The same Amber Alert takes over the TV and is repeated three times, each time with a different last word each seeming to indicate a different "channel" or geographical location. Not only that, but the audio is so defective that it breaks off in th middle of the message (THREE TIMES!), so it does not even identify the wanted person. Then, hours later, the whole process repeats, when the alert is cancelled. Another 5 minutes of interrupted servce, with repeats of the same message.

This has gotten out of hand.

Why on earth can't Comcast post these alerts ONCE, and by a banner at the bottom of the screen, like the tornado alerts, so the programming is not completely interrupted?

Something has to be done about this.

COMCAST? What kind of a technology company are you, if you can't fix this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Agreed...how can we turn these types of alerts off on TV?  We already receive on phone...no need to communicate on TV as well.  Also, for Amber Alerts, no information such as car, plate #, picture of missing child (Facebook provided picture of child), etc. is included on the message. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

We are getting the same thing.  this just started yesterday, I am sure amber alerts didn't just start yesterday.  I don't want to see an amber alert when I am at home.  I am not out and about and not seeing cars or anything else.  why even have them.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Would like to know also why this just started.  Something has to be done to make these optional, just like on our phones.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah-2 days in a row of the message repeated 3 times.  Like I can do something in my living room about a car on the highway. Horrible!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

3 years ago

This is NOT a Comcast problem. I'm in the Chicago area and had this happen a few times. I also have a Weather Radio, and the Amber alerts are also broadcast on it. Comcast gets their data from a similar source. And yes, it was repeated 3 times, including the notification that it was being cancelled!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Yes it IS a COMCAST problem. Just because they get the alerts from somebody else (in this case, as the notice says, from the State Police) and other services do, too, does not mean COMCAST didn't broadcast it.

The thing takes over your TV, a COMCAST system, and your COMCAST remote doesn't even work, to change channels.

COMCAST needs to fix this.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

Comcast can't fix this.  Comcast is required by law to pass the information along as it is given to them.

Amber Alert Law

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

The law passed in 2003 and these annoying alerts just started this week. Why did Comcast choose to start doing it now?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here