JoyceH1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, December 17th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

WLFI TV 18

Where did Channel 3 WLFI go on my TV? I don't want to watch Indianapolis news I want to watch Lafayette News and weather on my tv

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

TV stations have Designated Market Areas. You are probably in the Indianapolis DMA, and the Indy stations forced Comcast to drop the out-of-market stations. There is nothing Comcast can really do, as the law gives stations that right.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

What happened to the Lafayette station on my tv it's been replaced with a notice telling me to go to cbs channel 4. I want Lafayette news and weather not Indys

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I live in Brookston IN that is the Lafayette area. Not the Indianapolis area

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Have you tried contacting that Lafayette station directly to see if they are still broadcasting and, if so, providing feed to Comcast?  Maybe a local contract has expired.

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

4 years ago

Do you still get any other Lafayette stations (assuming there are any)?

It may have something to do with Byron Allen wanting to buy WTTV/WLFI. He and Comcast do not get along - and by "do not get along," I mean, he is suing Comcast for millions of dollars, claiming Comcast went back on an earlier deal to carry some of his stations, which he claims was a race-related move.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I don't think we have other Lafayette stations. Thank you for your comment its been very helpful in helping me understand the problem.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@JoyceH1 wrote:
Where did Channel 3 WLFI go on my TV? I don't want to watch Indianapolis news I want to watch Lafayette News and weather on my tv

Wow. No wlfi  time to change 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This is wrong. I want to watch wlfi

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We need the local news and weather not Indy news and weather. We are starting to look at other options.  time to dump comcast after more than 30 yearrs....

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I live in a small town in Indiana, all of our local news is through wlfi tv18 out of Lafayette Indiana. This includes school delays & closings, winter weather advisories/warnings. Amoung local sports, happenings, police info etc. Xfinity took this channel away & right when winter starts! This was the only reason I kept xfinity. Everyone local is mad as we depend on wlfi tv18 for important weather related information! Indianapolis does NOT cover our local small towns!! Loosing alot of good customers over this one xfinity!!
I am disgusted with your poor business ethics!!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

We need to flood the phones at Comcast Corp office. I called this number 215-286-1700 and complained to a Comcast Executive Rep. You have to go thru an operator then asked to speak to executive rep. The rep will want your name address and acct number. But he listened to me for a long time. I'm pretty sure I was being recorded. Now I just sit and see what happens. The more calls we make the more chance we will getWLFI back.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So what takes the Lafayette station out of the market?

They are still broadcasting. I have reported this to WLFI and am curious of their response. 

I agree, it might be time to find an alternative to Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

WLFI is still under contract with Comcast and all their other Broadcasting areas are still getting them. They was only removed from White and Carroll co customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Simply keep your high speed internet with whomever your provider is. Make sure you know your wifi password and username. If you do not know it, call your internet provider to get it. Buy a Roku streaming stick or Roku smart TV or even an Amazon Fire stick or Fire smart TV or use it on your AppleTV if you have it... Roku has the cheapest streaming device option. Use it to download the WLFI News18 streaming app. You can stream WLFI News18 free of charge both live and on demand. Also, you can download the NewsOn local news app at https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/71845/newson. I live in Lafayette, IN but I'm from the northshore suburbs of Chicago so I use my RokuTV to stream a couple Chicago local station with their station apps. With the NewsOn app, you can stream local news from anywhere in the US just pick a state and you will have a few choices of major news stations all over the US. It is free and legal too. You really do not need to pay a cable provider to get the news.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here