mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

I assume your referring to TCM and not TMC(2 different channels)? TCM was moved to the Sports Entertainment tier close to the beginning of October

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So, now they call it Sports & Entertainment and want to charge you $10 dollars more per month. The claim was that not enough people were watching it so they decided to move it. By the number of responses, I don't think this is a fact but a way to generate additional revenue. I also agree that the cable bill is already too high. My bill like others is over $200 where my daughter has FIOS and her bill is $50 less per month for equivalient service.

My plan is to drop cable completely after I do a trial with YouTube TV, https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/,  which is $50 per month and includes TCM in my area. Once my locations has more viable options for internet, I will look to pursue that as well.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

So I can't watch TCM tonight unless I PAY COMCAST MORE MONEY!! My favorite Christmas season movies are now playing.

Why is it, if they keep taking channels away that MY CABLE BILL DOESN'T GO DOWN when they take channels away from the line up.

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT ABOUT THIS AND NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED!!!

Guess it's time to cut the cable!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The truth? I can live without TCM given I'd effectively need to pay a 13th month for a slew of other channels that I very (very) likely WON'T need to view, not even to help cure my occasional insomnia attack. I frankly don't want to know the underlying business decision, for I've already made up my mind it was BAD. There, I said my peace.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why is TCM now on the Sports Package, makes no sense. Just another way to charge more. Can someone recommend a competitor I can switch my services to. I'm fed up with Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I cannot believe you would take away the Turner Movie Classic channel from all of the elderly clients you have,  only to bundle it with sports channels. Who do you think watches the old movies? Most of the elderly are women, as they outlive their husbands. My 88 year old mother is saddened to lose this channel. Thanks to your brilliant marketing and decision- makers.

Just when I believe you are improving your customer service, you prove me wrong.

Another ex-customer.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I used to have TCM, it's part of my original package, one of the few non-news channels I like. So why now I am getting a message saying that I am not subscribed to that channlel??? That is very unfair.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

It was moved to the Sports and Entertainment package in October.  You have to subscribe to that tier to receive the channel.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

It's actually Sports/Entertainment, or Sports & Entertainment. It contains several other non-sports networks.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

They moved a bunch of lesser watched channels into a new package you'll have to buy if you want TCM. Boo Comcast...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

One option is to add/upgrade to the Sports & Entertainment package.  You can search this Forum for other related threads to see what others are doing or suggesting.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi,

We had TCM, but now it's not available. What do we do now?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It was moved to the Sports Entertainment tier

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Does anyone have any idea why they removed Turner Classic Movies from my listings. Now, if I want TCM, I have to pay more for it, I currentyly pay over $200 per month.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't even get a sports network, they removed the whole channel. It used to be 59 and now it won't go to 59. It just states that if I want TCM,  I can go to Xfinity.com and order it. Is there anyone that I can contact to voice my dissatifaction with. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here