mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

TCM is my favorite channel;  all of a sudden, I could no longer watch it unless I paid an extra $10 a month.  I am trying to lower my bills, not raise them.  The Comcast representative told me the company bundled that channel and several sports channels to sell as a promotion. I don't watch sports channels. Thanks for stealing something I was already paying for.  I'll not pay the extra amount, and am seeking another way to watch TV, other that Xfinity, for the greedy actions taken.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

COMCAST - You really blew it by requiring a subscription to TCM that was part of my package previously. I'm disappointed to the point of starting to shop you all. I guess a monopoly can do what it wants and not expect anyone to blink. You all disappoint me. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Removing TCM from xfinity appears to be discrimination against comcast's older customers.  I think viewers less than 50 may seldom watch this channel.  However, a vast number of people over 50 who I know do watch TCM and are very disappointed.  I believe many of them will look for other providers is this policy is not reversed.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity is removing Starz and replacing it with EPIX.  Why have a package if Xfinity continually removes channels?  They removed TMC and Cinemax.  Xfinity replaced Cinemax with HITZ which is a useless channel. 

I am very dissatisfied and annoyed with how Xfinity is removing channels and replacing them with inferior channels.   

Of course, we can always purchase STARZ for additional money, but why if it was included in the package.

People need to call Xfinity to complain about the removable of Starz, TMC and Cinemax, although they probably don't care.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I pay for service, and have been paying premium for ALL my TVs for TCM. However, when Comcast decided not to include TCM in regular service, this required an upcharge for a box in my kitchen which is smaller in order to still get TCM on this TV . The smaller box stopped getting TCM. Again, I pay for TCM/HBO/Premium already-$245 monthly, but preferred the smaller box in my kitchen. In order to continue to get TCM in my kitchen, I would have to pay about $20 to get a different box shipped AND pay an additional $4 a month just to get what I am already paying for. I think that is a poor way to treat a loyal customer and an unethical way to increase prices without increasing service. @ I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau, since my contact with service reps gives me no satisfaction over this unfair practice.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When I asked Xfinity rep today exactly why TCM was being moved to another -- more expensive, dont'cha know -- bundle (other than the one I subscribe to), it seems the reps have been coached to tell the inquiring customers untruths. I was told it was because (Turner) had raised it prices, and Comcast/Xfinity could "no longer afford" to include TCM in its Premier lineup. Every other media source explains the 'rationale' is due to Turner's planned roll-out of its own streaming service. So why not just be honest Comcast/Xfinity? We get that the $5 "additional" charge to have TCM back in our lineup might be an  (intended) help to offset all of the cable-cutters.  And brace yourselves for the loss of Startz channels next month (14+ channels of Starz to the table-scrap two of Epix we will be granted in return). Wonder if we'll see a reduction to our tv bill with all of this loss of content (cue eye-rolling).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am extremely upset. I think it is rotten that Xfinity can take the TCM network away that I wanted when I joined Xfinity and purposely bought the package with TCM network. Now Xfinity has taken TCM away from me and tells me if I want it I have to pay more money. I am sorry I made the decision to come to Xfinity if they just change my programming at their own discretion without even considering what I want. And then have the nerve to tell me I have to pay more money if I want it again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We do not do much with our television stations other than watch Turner Classic Movies and now you have decided to charge extra to get TCM.

I am seriously disappointed by this decision.  I feel helpless to do anything about your decision other than to pack my bags and go elsewhere.  I do not know how many customers that you will lose 200 or 2000, but it is apparent you do not care.

I have read the responses and they have been without guilt or remorse on the part of the people who were answering them.

There are customers for which this is the important reason to wade through many of the bad stations to get this one.  And you added it to live sports.  I do not want to help pay for live sports.  I want TCM and would be willing to pay a buck or two a month for it.  

From my perspective you have hurt our relationship and you are not to be trusted in your decision making.  I cannot say goodbye today, but it is soon and it is coming and TCM is the motivation.  You decided this not me.

And by the way it is not too late to change your mind and I will forgive you.

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

channel 890 TCM was in my line up now I have to sign up.What's up with that

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

There have been numerous threads discussing the move of TCM to the Sports & Entertainment package.  Try searching TCM on this forum to see/read them.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Comcast is making it more and more difficult to not cut the cord and go with Hulu live streaming or other options. I try to be a loyal customer and all Comcast wants to do is reduce levels of service.  I watch TCM ALL THE TIME. I come back after being away 2 months to find out it is now gone and I have to pay for 10 sports channels I will NEVER watch to get a movie channel??? Whose brilliant logic is this one?  This is the way to lose loyal customers..   I will never play the game of buying more service for what I don't watch to get one channel but I will definitely look into options other than using Comcast for live streaming.  How about asking people (you know, loyal customers) what they think of a change before just implementing.  If you would have at the very LEAST , combined it with other movie channels , then maybe. Or just allow TCM as an individual add on to existing package.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast should return TCM where it belongs. They are asking seniors and veterans to pay TEN DOLLARS A MONTH for ONE CHANNEL.

That is vile.

Why are you behaving so vilely, Comcast? Greed and a lack of compassion and common decency is not a good look for you.

At the end of my contract, I will be looking for better services--unless TCM is once again available with the PACKAGE I'VE BEEN PAYIN FOR.

You all have no integrity whatsoever. None.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I too am unhappy that TCM is now a "premium" channel and that it is bundled with a bunch of sports channels I don't want.  I am paying more each month and Comcast has cut the number of channels I can watch. I am NOT a happy customer and will not renew when my subscription is up.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I hear you.  There is just no end to all the little games Comcast/Xfinity plays.  Every time you renegotiate and renew and think you've finally driven a decent bargain, they find some way through their endless fine print loopholes, to change the game and either take something back that used to be included or jack some accessorial charge by a token amount as if to say, yea, we're still in control of this game.  This is probably our last straw as well, certain as we are that this is not the last little trick they will play as our present agreement runs the rest of its course.  We are not above pulling out of the remainder of our current deal once we reach the point where the penalties to pull out are less than the rising cost to stay with Comcast/Xfinity.  I wonder if they will ever learn and just how smug they will be when the technology and the marketplace leaves them in the dustbin of history like Blockbuster.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What happened to TMC

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here