Community Forum

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM

I am horrified that Comcast did this with TCM. They know it is mostly the older folks that enjoy that channel. They have so much corporate greed it is unbelievable!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

TCM Channel

I am so upset about losing the TCM channel. We have the Digital Preferred plan and our bill for HD preferred XF bundle, plus equipment & services, fees, taxes, etc. is $237/month. Now Comcast/Xfinity expects customers to pay even more money to get TCM plus a lot of sports channels that we have no interest in watching. This is such a ripoff. Like other subscribers, I didn't see the notice in our billing statement and found out when I went to watch a movie last night. Their reasoning behind the decision makes absolutely no sense. I am researching other options and will likely cancel after more than 20 years.   

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM $10.00 more !

Comcast Xfinity is taking advantage of seniors, most of whom are on a fixed income and enjoy TCM, by grouping TCM with sports channels and saying its a new package and charging $10.00 more. Very wrong.
Highlighted
New Poster

losing tcm

Once again Comcast is shafting it's customers by transferring TCM to an additional cost package - one of the reasons we stayed with comcast was my wife's desire for TCM. We will not pay the additional money - we will be actively looking for other veiwing options!

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't seem to keep my TV services the same price and lineup? Vary angry customer!

Comcast –

On 10/09/19 I discovered my TCM channel missing. I called comcast to find out why and was told the channel was moved to a sports package? I would have to pay more! What does TCM have to do with sports? I don't watch sports! I had the move package! After speaking with a woman on the retention team I was told that if I resigned for another two year a new contract I would get my channel back and a $10 dollar discount. I asked her direct will I retain all my current channels and that there would be no other changes in service? I was told no every thing would remain the same! Ok I signed the contract. After hanging up I discover my second cable box did not work. I called back again apparently the second box had been deleted from the account? Another $5 dollars to add that back? Ok fine my understanding was that services would remain the same from what I had. Today 10/113/19 I discovered all my Stars channels gone? I called again and apparently these were not part of the new package? I was told I would get a call on Monday 10/14 at 8am to resolve the issue.

1) I have a contract how is it posable a channel gets removed and my cost stays the same?

2) I was flat out lied to by the retention person!

3) I have spent over two hours now trying to get this resolved - my time means nothing?

4) I also noted on the Xfinity WEB site I now have the sports and TCM package. Which was never requested by me. What really frosts me is that there is also a $5 dollar discount for this channel that now will expire April of next year! These discounts just seem to magically show up so the price increases! It has happened before at least twice in the past.

Put me back with the services I had before you removed TCM and restore my prior contract, pricing and end date. As I was flat out lied to by your retention agent!

Regards; Allen Besander

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: TCM

I agree completely.  It doesn't even seem legal to take something away from customers yet still charge the same amount of money. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I know! They said it’s $200 to break contract but to me they are breaking a contract by removing something they agreed to provide.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: TCM $10.00 more !

Please rescind the decision to move Turner Classic Movies (TCM) out of the Cable TV lineup that I am already paying too much for.

Robert <Edited>
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't seem to keep my TV services the same price and lineup? Vary angry customer!

The same thing just happened to me. Besides the decrease in programming, MGM, TCM, WE, ID, etc and I do not know what else as their channel guide in my account does not match the programming channels. It seems my bill never goes down but up. I am suppose to be receiving 220+ channels. If you figure out all the duplicate programming channels, Spanish channels, etc it does not even come close. Why is TCM in a Sports Package? I do not even watch sports. I also lost my Starz programming and was switched to another package with an increase in monthly billing for less channels. I was told by the service representative that nothing would change except for the added sports package with TCM. The increase in biiling would be offset by a monthly credit. This was not true as I was switched to a complete different package. One of my boxes has my old programming and two others have different programming channels. Comcast has messed up my account for the last time. I will be looking for alternative TV and Internet services from another carrier.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: TCM Channel

There have been hundreds and hundreds of comments here, most from new posters, folks that never cared enough to comment. But this decison is ... lets just call it stupid and arrogant -- and folks are speaking up. When Comcast tells you TCM isnt that popular -- read this article from Variety in April to get an idea of the fanbase that TCM has built.  https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/turner-classic-movies-25-anniversary-ted-turner-1203183315/

meanwhile, it appears the vast amounts Comcast pays to broadcast football must be made up somehow --  and TCM fans its up to you to pay! I had no idea it cost TCM so much to broadcast a noir from 1948 that has already been shown on TV 8,000 times. (thats sarcasm.)   And Eddie Muller's salary must be breaking the bank, why I bet he's almost paid what the average football analyst gets paid, you know the genius that lets us know  - "He really busted thru that hole Bob. ... he's got fingers like magnets Bob ... That was a helluva run Bob." 

Highlighted
New Poster

The channel

Why do I have to subscribe to TCM channel all of a sudden? You take away a channel yet keep charging me the same price?
Highlighted
New Poster

TCM

Very unhappy to be losing TCM from my package!

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM gone from my channel line-up

This is my first post on the forum under any topic.  I want to add my complaint to the others posting on this forum thread.  I, too, have received different reasons from varying Xfinity reps regarding why this switch was made.  As many have stated here, there is not one other channel I would watch in this new tier. Bring back TCM to my channel line-up, please!

Highlighted
Contributor

This Forum has 25 pages, approxmately 1,243 topics. Of all 1,243 topics, the now locked TCM topic has 789 replies--that's 3rd among all the topics. If it gets to 885 replies, it will be second, and if it gets to 1,947 it will rank first. Not bad for a channel Comcast says nobody watches.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity just deleted TCM channel on us!

We have been long time Xfinity customers but this is it!  They just removed TCM from our channel listting!  TCM is one of our favorite channels.  We don't need more sports!  I don't want to spend more $$$ per month just to get TCM and MORE SPORTS!  We don't watch sports.  Our contract is up this coming January.  Looks like Xfinity is going to lose another customer.  DISH offers TCM and 250 channels for $80 per month for a 2 year contract.

Highlighted
New Poster

why are you charging for TCM

When I signed up with Comcast 1 yr ago I was able to get TCM and now the only way I can get is to take a Sports Package which I do not want..I think this is not right when I was told it would be included and for a year it was..Without notice I no longer had this Channel.

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM

Did Comcast/Xfinity drop Turner Classic Movies? It disappeared where I am.

Highlighted
New Poster

Loss of TCM

Moving TCM to an additional charge is ridiculous. We pay too much for Comcast service as it is. Now you want us to pay you $10/month more. You are ripping off your customers. I guess it's time to cut the cable & go to streaming.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Number of Comments Wanting TCM Has Now Beaten Weatherscan, Discovery ID

The number of comments about TCM, or should I say COMPLAINTS, (I haven't read anything from a customer who supports this latest move) is now greater than the number posted for the Weatherscan debacle or the removal of Discovery ID.  A LOGICAL person would think that this would send Comcast execs a message, but they are probably too hard-headed to realize it. They didn't listen before and probably won't now.  They think they know it all and customers can't possibly know anything.

I guess it won't hit them until it's too late.  You've had your chance guys.  You t----ed off the WRONG people this time.

Highlighted
New Poster

Why is Comcast moving TCM to a sports package?

Comcast has moved TCM from its basic package to a sports package that will cost you $10.00 more a month. This is a blow to senior citizens like my father on a fixed income that have enjoyed TCM programming. It appears to me that this was intentional in order to generate additional revenue. Comcast may believe subscribers will just pay the additional $10.00 since they seem to have a monopoly in the Sarasota County area. I believe if enough of us cut the cord Comcast will get the message that over charging and taking advantage of its customers will hurt them where it counts.
Highlighted
New Poster

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

In April, 2019 we moved and moved our Comcast account to our new home. The service included TCM, Redzone, NHL, MLB, ESPN GoalLine, etc. I was to have no price increase until April of 2020. Well that didn't work. Comcast took all these channels from my plan and placed them in a new tier and charge me 16.50 per month (including taxes and fees) for the channels. I just spent an hour and 37minutes. The off shore people refused to give me a credit for 16.50 per month through the promotional period and refused to escalate this matter to the US, saying they have all the same tools at their disposal. I asked approximately 15 time during the 97 minute call to escalate the call to the US. I was given all kinds of misinformation from Comcast's off shore representatives, including that there were no taxes and fees on this package. I have an email from Comcast showing those fees and taxes to be 6.51 month. If Comcast thinks they can weasel out of a price guarantee 6 months early with methey are sadly mistaken. I am going to file a complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General's Office about this deceptive practice. I'm sure Comcast's lawyers probably told them they could get away with this but, where I come from, a deals a deal. I'll spend a lot of my too e making sure the public knows about this attempt to weasel out of their promotional pricing agreement. Shame on you Comcast. You need to be ashamed of yourselves. I'm outraged.

Highlighted
New Poster

Turner Classic Movie Channel

I am just fed up with Comcast's constant upcharging for items that I don't watch and don't want; and the things I do watch they charge for.  We pay an upcharge for regional sports that we don't want and unbelievably for broadcast channels that you can get with an antena.  It is just ridiculous. I don't know how anyone else feels, but these constant rate hikes from this NBC owned monopoly needs to be dealt with and broken up so that there is competition available.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Who made the terrible decision to drop TCM from xfinity channel line up (plus more questions !)

With the loss of TCM Turner Classic Movies, I will be downgrading my service completely.  I can’t believe this choice was made without attempt to survey the TCM viewers- I must have missed it because I couldn’t believe this has happened.  

I tune into a TCM at least -8 times a day.  I look forward to the variety and the culture of preserving the best of classic movies. There is no channel left to compare for the selection, the wide span of time covered, and the best of our classic movie heritage. 

When MGM was taken off the viewer list, I should have seen this coming. 

My questions are : 

How was this decision made ?

How many focus groups Or surveys were attempted.?

Was this a mutual decision between xfinity and TCM.?

IS THERE ANYTHING THE XFINITY FAITHFUL VIEWERS CAN DO ABOUT THIS ?

PLEASE Tell me What type of television REPLACED  TCM.  

Exactly what will sit on their slots now ? 

Does anyone have the statistics backing  this change? 

I find the majority of Xfinity movie channels have become very boring and repetitive, and I keep wondering what has happened? 

Who is is making these decisions ?  Is it a group or a young few ? 

An experienced board or a small committee ? 

I do not understand. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Who made the terrible decision to drop TCM from xfinity channel line up (plus more questions !)

I don’t believe any of my questions were answered 

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM

Instead of moving TCM to a Sports package, why don't you move a SPORTS station?????  I'm outraged at this stupid decision.  Please return it to Digital Preferred.

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM

We are very upset that Comcast is moving TCM from our agreed upon channel lineup to a bundle of sports that we must pay MORE for to get the one thing we signed up for. Is this breaking a contract??? I believe so. Be very careful, and consider your promises to your loyal customers. Put it back on our agreed upon channel line up!!

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM Lost

we are very unhappy that TCM was moved from our contractural preferred plan to a pay for extra sports package.  Very unfair and an apparent money grab. So sad to see this happen. Cord cutting options like YouTube TV look like a better option. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

Here's the non-answer I got:

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Carmen, and I will address your inquiry regarding your channel lineup complaint. After reading your e-mail, I can understand your aggravation and apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have gone through. This is certainly not the experience we want you to have. Please know I will do my best to explain.

I certainly understand the importance of finding a package that fits your budget while having the services you want. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes need to make changes due to contracts and pricing. These price and content changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in our network, products and services. This is actually one of the main reasons we make changes, as Comcast pays the networks for the privilege to transmit, not the other way around. If we do not restructure our promotions, it would result in higher prices for many more of our customers.

Effective today, October 10, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is now part of the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) and the More Sports & Entertainment genre pack in the Central Division. It will no longer be included with other tiers of service. Customers who don’t currently have SEP or the More Sports & Entertainment genre pack can continue to get TCM if they subscribe to it. Customers who are already subscribed to the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) or the More Sports & Entertainment genre pack, will regain access as of October 14.

If you would like to receive TCM and aren't currently subscribed to the Sports Entertainment Package, you can add that service for an additional charge. You can subscribe by saying “Sports Entertainment Package” into your X1 Voice Remote and following the on-screen prompts, or by calling us at 1-800-XFINITY.

If you have other questions or concerns regarding your account, please feel free to reach out to us. We are an escalation department and can assist with billing or technical issues you may be having. If your issue is outside of our scope, we can certainly get you in contact with the right department.

I do want to thank you for your feedback and for choosing Comcast as your service provider. I hope you have a great rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Carmen V.
Office of Tom Karinshak

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast taking away TCM ?!

I am outraged to learn that Comcast is moving  TCM to a sports package for an added fee.  We pay them enough already for a lot of channels we never watch. If it were not for TCM and HGTV, I wouldn’t be watching TV l.  I will be streaming this channel to my computer now and looking for an new IP.

Highlighted
New Poster

WHY-IS-COMCAST-CHANGING-TURNER-CLASSIC-MOVIES

Just adding to the long list of complaints about TCM moved into another paid channel. Many older people love TCM.  Putting TCM into a sports channel and adding another fee is nickel and diming customers, which is ridiculous.
 We pay so much for so little. The 200+ channels are filled with many lousy and mindless channels. Why can't you think out of the box and allow customers to select viewing? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Distraught over TCM being removed!!!

I only subscribe to premium channels for TCM!! Why would any TCM fan want a sports package?!?! I for sure will switch if they don’t change it back 😞
Highlighted
New Poster

TCM missing

Will you please restore TCM to the location channel line-up - without additional payment, starting Oct 15?

Highlighted
New Poster

Digital Preferred, Digital Starter, why pay for both?

I am noticing that online, Comcast/xfinity still states that the Digital Preferred plan includes Turner Classic Movie channel, yet of course now this channel has been moved to another "tier." Why should we be paying for both Digital Preferred, which no longer offers TCM, and Digital Starter? We have DP + HBO and TMC, and we pay extra for Starz.  We also have internet. Anyone with an opinion, please chime in, I have no idea what's going on with our bill now, and am of course looking for options and ways off this carousel. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Turner Classic Movies

Why have you taken TCM away and made us pay more money to get it and a bunch of channels I have no interest in watching?  TCM was one of the channels I watched the most, but I"m not willing to pay even more money for it.  I am seriously considering dropping Comcast and finding an alternative that includes TCM.  Thanks for screwing your customers over again!  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot activate TCM Roku app with Xfinity TCM TV subscription

My TCM is off the air and I want that channel back Thank you Jocelyn Gallant

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Digital Preferred, Digital Starter, why pay for both?

I would beware of the website.  There's a lot of stuff you won't find there.  As I understand it, the Digital Preferred tier includes everything in Digital Starter.

However, TCM has been moved to the Sports & Entertainment Pkg. which will cost you another $9.95/mo.  That is now the only way to get that channel.  Customers are complaining because the majority of the channels in the package are sports channels which many TCM viewers do not watch.  In addition, several of the sports networks are already included in the Digital Preferred tier, making the package almost redundant, even for avid sports fans. The cost of the Digital tiers will remain the same.  There is no credit or discount for the loss of TCM.

It might be best to refer to a printed copy of the most recent channel line up to verify what you should be getting.  If you don't have one, you can request one by mail or your local Comcast office should have them.  Also, I've read a lot of comments from people who moved, upgraded, etc. and then lost channels or had rate increases despite reassurances from phone reps.  If you're going to change your service, be careful what you agree to, read the fine print, and document everything.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Talk to someone at an office here in America, face to face if possible.

There are many TV providers that offer TCM, but companies vary by location.  If you are already in a contract with Comcast, check the terms carefully.  In order to move to another provider, you will have to wait until the contract expires or pay a penalty.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TCM and Comcast

Don’t you get it TCM viewers ? Failing Comcast knows that the millennial generation is exclusively streaming their tv programming costing Comcast millions of dollars in losses . So who do they stick it to ? The baby boomers , the largest age group. 74 million people . I’m in that group too . Comcast knows that most of these people and the previous generation watch TCM and would rather watch cable than stream . Granted not all of the 74 million plus are TCM viewers and not all are Comcast customers. Comcast has the statistics But , let’s say out of the 74 million plus , 20 million are TCM /Comcast viewers and if all of them were to accept this $10 a month up grade and believe me , Comcast is hoping they do . Everyone can do the math . 20 million times $10 a month equals $200 million dollars a month times 12 months equals $888 million dollars a year times 10 years equals $8.8 billion dollars. 10 years on is when the baby boomers start fading away and the streaming millennials become the majority generation and failing Comcast , if they are still in business, will try to scramble and interrupt their streaming. And don’t listen to stuttering spluttering Comcast ally on this forum trying to save failing Comcast ‘s face . He or she is paid to tell you fables . Comcast thinks baby boomers are too stupid to change our ways and stream our programming. But I’m not accepting their bogus explanations or their “upgrade” . I’m joining the streaming generation too
Highlighted
New Poster

TCM moved to "Sports and Entertainment"? REALLY? That's it - I'm out!

That did it - I'm a customer since 1989 and I've had it with this last TCM channel move.

Why would I purchase a Sports channel package to continue to see TCM!?!?

A competitior has 1000 MB/s internet (4x faster than my current Xfinity), voice, and has more TV channels at $50 less per month (including TCM).

Look around Comcast/Xfinity - we have better options available.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: TCM moved to "Sports and Entertainment"? REALLY? That's it - I'm out!

Called this morning to complain -- was offered TCM, by itself, for $12 a month. Really?

We are done after 30 years -- there's too many options now.

Highlighted
Contributor

@CMN_DWN wrote:

Called this morning to complain -- was offered TCM, by itself, for $12 a month. Really?

Um do they not realize that if you really want the package, it's $9.95?  LOL!!  Unless they were thinking of TMC.  That channel is $12 per month.  That's another thing I don't like about Xfinity.  Every other provider I had included TMC with a Showtime subscription since Showtme owns them.  Why doesn't Xfinity?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Everyone should let them know what a bonehead move this is. I for one have had it. There are alternatives to Comcast and I will be spending my money somewhere else.

Highlighted
Contributor

If you add the Sports and Entertainment package, you will more than likely lose other channels that you watch now. I refuse to change my current package where I will pay more and lose channels! You have been doing this for years! Not cool Xfinity!   

Highlighted
New Poster

TCM Sports Package Last Straw: Contact Your State Legislature

Comcast decision to lump TCM with a sports package at a higher cost is not only a slap in the face to its customers but is also a snub to voters here in the Denver metro area. Comcast has been allowed to operate a cable monopoly in Denver — by voters. No other cable company is allowed to offer cable TV services in the area. In return for the absolute right to the Denver market, Comcast has to provide certain basic services and follow certain regulations. It’s clear Comcast has no interest or incentive in understanding or providing for customer or community basic services (this is more than evident by lumping TCM with a Sports Package — a freaking Sports Package!) To add insult to injury, Comcast is pushing the ridiculous notion that people who watch TCM are hardcore sports fanatics too who love to jump back and forth between NASCAR and My Fair Lady. Yes, the people who made the decision to scrub TCM from basic cable and lump it into a sports package actually believe their customers are stupid enough to buy it — or forced to buy it. More importantly, these same people, in their own arrogance, understand that there’s not a thing you can do about it. Well, maybe we can do something about it. It’s just not about the decision to move TCM to a sports package — it’s about a lot more than that. How much do you pay for your cable package? How many Channels do you pay for that you never watch? How slow is your “fast” internet connection? How many outages do you experience every year? What other insane issues do you put up with from Comcast simply because they hold a monopoly in your area? Instead of contacting Comcast customer service (and waiting on hold for the rest of the day), contact your state legislature and let them know your fed up. Comcast has a long and rich history of ignoring their customers. Let’s put our elected officials to work and ask them to contact Comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

Removal of TCM from lineup

Cannot believe Comcast has done it again, removing channels within an existing contract package.  Really Comcast!  I have been a loyal customer from the very beginning.  We originally had Media One in 1996 which was bought out by Comcast.  We have had to deal with increasing device fees, increasing package fees with no improvements, channels being removed with no credits.  Unfortunately Comcast is the only cable station available in our area (except for ATT which is totally not worth it).  Bring TCM back!!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TCM

Taking away TCM from the digital preferred pkg. is very upsetting. Saying the are moving it to the sports Entertainment Package  is wrong that tier has it already. They broke our contract and when mine is over I will find another company that is  hopefully more customer friendly. Xfinity just awful to do this and gives them a terrible reputation. Too bad. I really liked them until now.

Highlighted
New Poster

Why won't Comcast respond about TCM????

People are clearly angry.

It is clearly a money grab.

Pretty much every other distributor out there provides TCM as part of a primary service.

You would think Comcast would care, but they don't seem to.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

TCM

Your removal of TCM is simply unacceptable.  It is the proverbial STRAW.  I am a 35 year customer of Comcast.  I will be removing myself at my contract expiration, and seeking out alternatives to your service.  TCM removal to Sports package, is ludicrous.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, and I have many thoughts on this.  I watch just a couple of channels and when I signed a contract 11 months ago (13 remaining now), I got exactly the package I needed to get TCM and the couple of other channels I watch.  I priced the alternatives accordingly.  Now I'm left with about half of what I watch being taken away, and to keep it, I effectively have been given a price increase of $10 a month mid-contract.  I can't alter the terms, but Comcast apparently can.  I spent a lot of time with "service" reps.  One spoke poor English, very hard to understand.  I got the script about "two movies a month".  

The competition is really no better -- it's these unethical clowns or the other unethical clowns at AT&T, who also raised my prices mid-contract even though I was told I would be paying that specific price for a full two years (a lie) -- because apparently I wasn't really guaranteed the PRICE but the DISCOUNT, which didn't change, only the underlying base price (!!!) -- something not mentioned by the salesperson.  So it doesn't matter who you use, they both are terrible and they can't seem to understand why people HATE their cable companies.

My solution will be to become one of the many cord cutters in 13 months.  Of course I will not be paying the sizeable early termination fee, even though this mid-contract change *SHOULD* constitute a material modification to the contract terms that nullifies the contract, but I wouldn't be surprised if that 50 pages of fine print includes something about the channel lineups being subject to change, and even if it doesn't, my only available remedy would be to go to court when they assess the ETF and spend time and money addressing it, with a high risk of losing because of something in all of that contract language that leaves me on the hook.  They almost certainly have every contingency covered in a way that works for them.  The contract is very one-sided.  

I will therefore look into the cord cutting alternative and give the cable companies revenue for nothing more than the bare minimum necessary, internet connectivity.  At least I don't need to sign a contract for any of the online streaming bundles, and switching those is trivial (no installation appointments) so if they pull this nonsense, it can be remedied instantly.  I had been slightly on the "don't cord cut" side of the fence but this is really the final straw.  I get really riled up about something pricing or programming related every year or so it seems, so instead of continuing to deal with more of the same, I guess it'll be time to try something different in 13 months.  I sure do wish I could get out of the contract today.

Oh, and I've kept seeing the response to the bewilderment over this classic movie channel being added to a sports package as, "well, it's the Sports AND Entertainment package".... but is it, really?????  Because when I look on their own website, TODAY, it calls it the "SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT BUNDLE", with no AND, no AMPERSAND, just that.  So to me it sure looks like this has been poorly matched with a bunch of sports stations.  I look at that list and I see nothing else that interests me in the least.  I'm not a sports fan and there isn't much else in the bundle that isn't sports.  So basically they've made it so that unless you were also actually interested in those sports channels, TCM ends up costing about as much as a premium movie channel.  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why won't Comcast respond about TCM????

There was a response, click on best answer. You may not like the response
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/WHY-IS-COMCAST-CHANGING-TURNER-CLASSIC-MOVIES...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

TCM movie channel

Just went to see what was on, and got message I needed a subscription. I watch this channel everyday and had no idea it was being taken away! When was this announced? Why is it being taken away? Why is it being placed, hidden as it were, in a package listed with sports?! This makes no sense to me other than Comcast is wanting more money!!! As it doesn't get enough already I am guessing! I know it does based on my bill every month! If Comcast is wanting me to leave and find another provider, this is working. Hadn't thought about it, but now I guess is time to reconsider! At least if a change is being made, it should be announced formally. If it needed to be in a special package, it could be combined with one that makes sense! I find this very stupid. It is probably time to look around, or just say I spend too much time watching TV anyway. I guess I need to look at other providers as well!