mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree this is getting ridiculous ..getting fed up..time to find another option

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm straight up about 2 cancel & have streaming services like my kids .I even use Twitter 2 tell ppl abt classic movies I watch & have since the channel's inception! I got 0 notice , can only speak 2 bits unless it's about my bill & my bedroom remote didn't synch for 6 mis. ! Bye Comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As soon as possible, I'm getting rid of comcast.  I love TCM and watch it as much or more than any other channel. To say I'm disappointed/angry is a gross understatment.   This stinks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

I just bought a RoKu device.  I am cutting all Comcast services.  I subscribed to Sling and got all the channels I wanted DVR and turner classic movies for 68.39 + tax.

just cut the cord now and save yourself the hassle of working with this corrupt company.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

the choices on Sports and Entertainment are terrible...no mmovies or entertainment and low level sports

this is a total ripoff

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I Think It's Wrong and Aggravating That Your Company Has Moved and Taken Away TCM Channel From My Cable Package! A Channel That I've Had For Over 25 Years!! And You Want People To Upgrade and Pay Extra?! I'm Going To Cancel My Service, Prices Keep Going Up and Less Channels and Worse Service!! (ಠ_ಠ) (ಠ_ಠ) (ಠ_ಠ)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am in Philadelphia, in a hi-rise building )3 blocks from Comcast!) and all TV in our building is Comcast.  Yes, we no longer have access to TCM.  I have no interest in sports and rarely watch most other channels, but TCM is something I watch very frequently.  I am really enraged about this !

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

5 years ago

So what happens now?  Just got into a new contract (which you messed up btw) - do I have to re-sign up again???

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I refuse to be blackmailed and bullied.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How come TCM has a window that states that it is by subscription only?  It was free westerday.  What is going on?  This makes me very unhappy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Awesome 👍 I hope you don't mind if I copy and paste your email and forward it on to Xfinity... Well stated and EXACTLY what I feel. 💪

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Stupid reason. Not client friendly.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Within the next few weeks, I will find a replacement for Comcast. I love sports but the main reason I have stayed with Comcast is that I could continue with TCM. I had Satellite Dish until a year ago when I moved from Douglasville, Georgia to Cartersville, Georgia. Moving TCM to a Sports Package is obviously done for 1 reason and we all know what that is...MONEY! So you go ahead and take my TCM channel away and my next move is to drop Comcast completely. And I hope many other people follow in my footsteps. I will begin my search Monday to replace Comcast.

Comcast, I believe you will find you have made a major blunder.

Bill Tumilty

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

They did the same thing with EPIX a couple of months ago (although they never inform me when this happens).  They just remove a channel from the package I have and I have to add it back in for a fee if I want to watch it.  They shouldn't be allowed to do this.  I am a new customer (moved into the Seattle area last April) and I signed a contract for my survice that "guaranteed" my price would not go up for a year.  Then they removed EPIX, and to get my full package back (with EPIX) I had to pay extra for it.  In otherwords, they raised the price for the "package" I signed up for.  Now they've done it with TCM as well.  I have half a mind to lodge a formal complaint with the FCC!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It is only about money.... young people want the sports so they pay $9.99 and Comcast tacks on TCM ( which the young folks don't care about) for nothing.  Comcast then expects those of us who don't care about the sports package to pay the $9.99 for TCM.  I won't.  Where do we get a credit for the progamming that they took away?  They reduce the content of your monthly package without giving you a refund, and then they charge youu $9.99 to get the programming back..... is that the way things are suppose to work? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here