mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I bet TCM is Comcast's MOST WATCHED single channel. How can they make more $? Moving their most popular channel(s) to a package you need to pay more for.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We have a contract until April. Only paying for the tier we have now because I can get Nick & Disney Jr. for the grands. I mostly watch Create & TCM. I can't pay anymore than what we are doing now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I just got off the phone. The rep was very nice and let me vent my displeasure. I know they record all calls, and hopefully someone will listen to us. But, I doubt that.

If I were the folks at TCM, I'd see this as a golden opportunity to launch a TCM streaming service. Folks would pay $10 or $15 a month for TCM; it would be worth it to not have to skip over all the others useless channels on XFinity (and Uverse, by the way).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The Preferred Tier is the same as the Sports Package Tier. When I go to the Shop/Upgrade section of Xfinity and look at ALL the Tier Channel Lineups, TCM does not show up as an option for any tier in my area.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I pay $260 per month for this stupid package, and rarely watch the movie channels but I watch TCM all the time, or did.  Bundling with the sports package?  Seriously?  I am not interested in any of the sports channels, or the numerous spanish channels I have to scroll through.  The internet is faulty half the time, and I avoid customer service because trying to fix one thing screws up something else.  Time to look at ATT now as many of my neighbors have.  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

"Viewership of TCM is low, as over 90% of our customers watch less than two movies per month. Given this and contractual limitations on offering TCM a la carte, we decided to move TCM to the Sports Entertainment Package, which will help us manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make the channel available to those who want to watch it."  

TCM should be in your Premium Package.  Give me a break.  Those of us who DO watch TCM watch it a lot.  That you have offered it to other tier users who DON'T use it dilutes the numbers for those of us who do.  We are generally NOT going to buy an extra sports package to get this channel.  .   You programming folks at Xfinity really DON'T know your customers.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Can not believe we have to pay an extra $10.00 per month to watch Turner Classic Movies. I'm not interested in the sport channels. Comcast should deduct $10.00 from our monthly bill
My husband and I are on a fixed income. unfortunately I just got Comcast 3 months ago and paid extra for the package that included TMC. Would cancel, but am under contract

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly. TCM is one of the main reasons to watch TV. Dish tv is starting to look pretty good.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Add my voice to chorus of outrage at this move Comcast.
TCM is in my top 10 of favorite channels.
Its one of the only places that still has quality programming 24/7
BBC America was that way too until they began showing all the star treks and movies they get from AMC
COMCAST...... put TCM back to the old package
Thanks.....

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Corporate greed. It's especially appalling because when you log on to Comcast the first thing you see is a smarmy letter in which the VP of Customer service babbles about how much they care.

@mbg71 wrote:

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

If Comcast needed another $1.50 month for me to have TMC then they should have asked. . I pay almost $10,000 every for years for cable services with comcast and you probably do too at $200 a month. I not paying one penny more to watch these boy/men sports guys act like they are on a reality show and want to be the star. Put TMC back where it was.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Meglizar
You may have to call in to change, it’s all relatively new.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We’ve been thinking about ending tv I think this might be the last straw!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We have a contract in our condo building with Comcast and TCM was included in that contract.  How can it now be changed to a sports package for a charge? I watched and taped most of my movies from that channel. Its always been included in cable lineups everywhere free of charge. Comcast  inundates us with crummy channels that no one watches, yet take away one of the most enjoyable channels in their lineup
Put TCM back in the lineup. You can take away my included HBO for all I care. I have no interest at all in the sports package.  Really bad move.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This is insane!  I watch TCM every day and now they moved it to an expensive sports subscription. Greedy corporate nonsense!  We are already paying a fortune for Xfinity.  This is like a kick in the gut.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here