mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

5 years ago

Who made the decision to move TCM to Sports Entertainment? This does not sit well in my house!

We have one of those two year deals. When I signed up TCM did not cost extra. Now we have to finish out our two years without TCM.  Also, TCM has been offered with the basic package as far as I can remember, we've had it for 20+ years.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We pay over 200.00 a month.
We watch TCM as much as we can. Fond memories watching older movies. I expect more from Comcast. We have been with comcast since 1972. Please understand our Feelings. Our Money doesn't Grow on Trees!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just noticed this evening that TCM was moved. TCM is a 'basic' service on almost every cable/satellite system I know of. I only watch maybe 10 different channels and TCM has always been my favorite.  I am very dissapointed in this move by Comcast. Hopefully they will change their minds and make the adjustment and put the chanel back.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am furious that comcast has dropped tcm from basic service. it will now cost me $10 a month to get tcm in the sports package which I don't want. As soon as my contract is up I will drop them like a hot potato. $244 a month they will lose for this fiasco.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

You took away TCM without any warning. I signed a 2 year agreement that included TCM and you just take it away. How about I just pay less on my bill? Am I allowed to do that? NO. You are a repugannant compnay that makes so much money you have no idea what to do with it. You have unhealthy influence onver legislators so you can monopolize things and have ZERO consequences. So give me a refund since you violated my agreement or add TCM back to my package.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is extortion!  Everyone needs to write to Brian Roberts, the CEO of Comcast, to complain and to revolt!  ("Comcastcares" twitter would not give me his address or phone number with the excuse it was considered "Personal" information.  Assuming the CEO works out of the Comcast HQ, the address is:  PO Box 70219, Philadelphia, PA 19176.   According to the ceoemail.com website, his email is:  brian_roberts@comcast.com (weird, since my email ends in comcast.net...)   Comcastcares twitter also said that according to their research over 90% of comcast subscribers watch less than 2 movies a month which is why they moved TCM to the sports package (?!?).  When I challenged this, and asked for the stats, they said it was considered private.  Note that your current monthly fee will NOT be reduced to reflect the loss of TCM!  You, the Customer, are not receiving the services you signed up for!  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Really frustrating Comcast! I have really enjoyed watching TCM but I am NOT about to give you more money . I think you have finally made my decision for me to switch to dish

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why did you remove TCM?!

I pay for MLB and don't mind paying for that because I feel I can watch any baseball game when I want.   I am not excited about paying for sports channels in order to watch TCM.
I pay over $200 for Comcast channels and basically watch 5 main channels and TCM is one of them.   This extra cost per month would give me even less value per dollar spent.   
I don't want DISH, I don't want HULU and all those extra sources.   I have been a Comcast customer forever because I live outside a Major market and I have to pay for it if I want to watch the news.   If I could go back to watching only 4 channels like I did 50 years ago... I would.   That's basically what I'm paying for now.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Biff-Tannon wrote:

I commented on the TCM travesty. Why was my post deleted?

It wasn't deleted; it was merged with the mega-thread.  You can click on your name and find all of the posts that you have made.

Locking this.

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the link!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

"Just screw the customers" appears to be Comcast's motto.  First Cinemax, now TCM, when we are already paying way too much for the service.  In Connecticut, every region has a regional cable council that oversees cable providers.  I'm going to be recommending that Comcast be stripped of their franchise and another provider selected.  I urge everyone else who finds this behavior outrageous to do likewise.

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

5 years ago

I commented on the TCM travesty. Why was my post deleted?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

It's 100% about fleecing Comcast customers out of as much money as possible.  It is dishonest (of COURSE this has nothing to do with sports!), disingenuous and outrageous.  Don't stop with calling Customer Service.  Call your state regulators and report this as an outrageous violation of the public trust (dishonestly folding a classic movie channel in with sports programming so they can charge you for a ton of channels you don't want).  If your area has a cable advisory council, contact them too.  Between this move and what they did with Cinemax, we will be petitioning to have Comcast's franchise revoked in our area and to have the franchise rebid.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Asmith86 wrote:
I have been on the phone for over 2 hours just to get answers to my questions and a new package to include channels in a package I and Comcast contractually agreed to! I pay my bill for services they are suppose to provide😠
Now 2 hours later I have been transferred and transferred and lost and now on hold! WOW! And I have been a customer for over 20 years!

Thanks so much for the abuse that I pay for for!

my guess is that turner wants to support the sports channels. 

Contributor

• 

381 Messages

5 years ago

Pete,

Same thing happeened to the military channel a few years ago.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here