mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why did you change the TCM channel to a tier that you have to paid more for, many seniors like myself watched the classic shows alot. All you people think about is raising the cost on our bill, you do not care for the customers that have been with this service for many years, paid their bill on time. keep the good shows on and rid of the trash you call shows on!! reconsider putting back TCM the way it was!! You will lose alot of customers if you chose to raise our bills and not keeping TCM back the way it was!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just got off the phone with Comcast/Xfinity Customer Non-Service about this switch. They've had my e-mail address wrong for years. I've only been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for 39 years, you see. I'm 84 years old. I admit I'm not particularly savvy on technology and on-line solutions and things like that. But I discovered today that TCM has been deleted from my cable line-up and I'm told I'll have to add yet another service to get it back. Notification was given, I'm told, at the Xfinity website and by e-mail. So I repeat, they've had my e-mail address wrong for years and their website is as user-friendly as an out of control chain-saw. I have just a basic cable package, and TCM has been a part of that package forever. Of course, so have all those Spanish channels, Korean Channels, home shopping channels, various religious channels, that I never watch. I live in the metro Atlanta area where Turner television originated, and I find this absurd. But like so many things these days, I'm stuck with it. I'm retired, old, on a fixed income, and just an almost 40 year customer. TCM was one of the few channels I really enjoyed. But as Harry Truman once remarked, "you want a friend in this life? Buy a dog." 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

why is comcast not explaining why the change was made instead of showing how well(or not well) they are thought of already.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You can watch TCM live without cable with one of these streaming services: fuboTV, Hulu With Live TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV Now, PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV or AT&T WatchTV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast NEVER contacted me by email or mail.  I found out when I was up late and I turned to TCM early this morning and it was gone.  TCM is one of the few channels that I love.  All that sport mess, I have no use for.  I don't even care for sports.  WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT I'M NEVER GOING TO LOOK AT?  COMCAST, YOU'RE SO MONEY HUNGRY.  WHOMEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA, I HOPE THEY GET EVERYTHING COMING TO THEM AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.  COMCAST SHOULD WANT TO KEEP CUSTOMERS.  I SEE THAT THEY DON'T, AND THEY DON'T CARE EITHER.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I never heard of the change until I woke up this morning and TCM is gone.  I called up and canceled my service immediately.  I watch TCM constantly and I can get it elsewhere.  My bill went from 179 to 59 for the same internet package. 

I guess I was paying Comcast 120 a month to watch TCM.  So glad to cancel.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

They must not want me as a customer

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just talked to Comcast and She said to scroll down to the very bottom of their website and expand the “I want to” then click “Submit Feedback “. This way their management will here our outrage over this stupid move.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just another way for Comcast to CHARGE MORE MONEY......I have other ways to watch TCM and plan to do so!!!  Moving to a "sports entertainment" channel is insane and a ploy.  How about moving the home shopping channels, BET, and all the Spanish channels to their own packages!?.....probably won't ever happen since those channels sell their services to Comast on the cheap or free.....

The bottom line......their mantra......CHARGE MORE for LESS SERVICE....cable TV companies your time is fast approaching and there will come a day (I hope soon) when you are a dinosaur!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This move by Comcast is total bull and what really gets me, they know it too. What better way to disguise a selected rate increase than to take dedicated / loyal channel viewers (like TCM) and move them up to another tier and anticipate them to follow suit. Apparently I missed the notification change and only realized it today, the day they made the actual change. My guess is there will be many more that will come to the same realization in the coming days as well.  And likewise, they will have one of three choices this longstanding customer (>30 yrs) is now faced with … 1) put up with this recent change and accept it, or 2) agree to it and add more money to the monthly bill, or 3) save a bit of money and take my long-standing customer loyalty into a “new” found direction.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I have the very same feelings, I don't have or want the Sports Package... now I have to pay $120 a year for TCM?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I am also very upset with this move. True to their word, the channel disappeared from my available channels today. This was one of my most watched channels but I will not increase my subscription cost which is too high already. I have already complained that the FETV channel is gone. These were the cleaner channels available for viewing.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

"I guess we just have to take it. "
It's a matter of choice you can pay Comcast 120.00 annually for TCM or cut the cord.
How to Watch TCM Live Without Cable 2019 - Top 7 Options
https://www.google.com/amp/s/flixed.io/watch-tcm-without-cable/

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

After many years as a customer I'm considering some changes myself.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Just today I learned of the issue. I called and talk to a Comcast representative and I was told by that representative that this was a channel lineup change requested by the TCM entity.
I made note to the representative that I don't believe her for one minute.
They've got to be getting a lot of calls on this change.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here