dwayne3686's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

WAIVE MOVIE RENTAL FEES DURING COVID-19

Since Xfinity isn't losing a penny on this virus outbreak, you'd think they'd waive movie rental fees while we're all stuck at home.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ritadefil 

We offer tons of free movies available every day: 

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Plus Watchathon underway now through May 17, 2020.  Enjoy!

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/get-ready-for-watchathon-2020

Looks like you were able to enjoy a few free movies already during Watchathon. 

I've credited back your recent On Demand movies in full and I have also applied a credit on your account that will cover a few additional On Demand movie rentals with our compliments.

What is Watchathon Week?

Watchathon Week is an annual event for Xfinity customers when many of the hottest TV shows and movies on demand are available all week long at no additional cost. Xfinity customers can tune in via X1, Flex, or Xfinity Stream to catch popular series, movies, and more from May 11 – 17.

What can I watch during Xfinity Watchathon Week?

Everyone has a show to recommend, and from May 11 – 17 you can enjoy free access to many of the most popular shows and movies from, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, HBO® and, for the first time ever, Hulu! Catch hit series like The Handmaid’s Tale, Westworld, Billions, Outlander, and more all week long at no additional cost to you.

Looking to make it a movie night? During Watchathon Week you can also catch some of the latest hit films, like Joker (available beginning May 16), It: Chapter 2, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and many, many more.

Don’t have X1? You can also watch with Flex and Xfinity Stream, no TV subscription required. Learn more about watching on Flex here.

If you’re ready to watch, just say “Watchathon” into your Xfinity Voice Remote and enjoy some of the hottest shows and movies on demand all week long at no additional cost to you.

*Content availability may vary across Xfinity TV platforms (X1, Flex, and the Xfinity Stream app and portal). Of note, the full SHOWTIME service will be available on Xfinity on Demand and the Xfinity Stream app and portal for only a portion of the event from May 14 – 17.

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

Hello-You lied to me. I rented, 'Dark Waters' and my new bill is charging me

$5.99, with no credit. 

I do not appreciate this at all. You wrote 3 credits and I only received one to date.

Care to explain?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@machado22 Apologies for any confusion. Looking at your most recent statement I can see a credit of $25 listed as a loyalty credit dated May 11th  that was placed that "more than covers" the rental of three On Demand movies  at $5.99 each.

That $25 is in addition to the initial credit of the earlier On Demand movie on 5/10 of $5.99. 

I hope that helps. You are welcome.  

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

I did see the $25 credit and I did not make the relation to the On Demand credits you originally mentioned.

In my mind I was thinking each On Demand was $5.99 and as a result I would receive a credit for the same amount. Remember, I mentioned how I had no used On Demand before. When I saw the $25 credit I never assumed a movie was $8 plus per movie.

I'm sure you can understand my POV and why I made my above post.

Enjoy your day!

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

How do you know that they haven't lost any money due to the pandemic? Before the outbreak consumers were already "cutting the cord" at a fairly fast clip. Obviously, many folks have been sheltered in place and might be watching more TV. Existing subscribers probably watch more shows/movies and surf the net more. My guess is that the increase in Web traffic has triggered higher costs for Comcast because they pay interconnection fees to reach sites that are out of network for them. Millions upon millions of Americans have had to file for unemployment and many others have been forced into furlough or reduced salary situations. When it comes to feeding your kids vs. being able to be kept up to date watching Days of Our Lives I think most would opt to ditch cable.

When you pay for a movie or TV show On Demand a prenegotiated percentage goes to the rights holder. If Comcast charged $0 then they would still have to pay the rights holder anyway. This is a pandemic. It's scary and new but yet it could become "the new normal" given how freely and quickly people move about in this increasingly interconnected world. Expecting free stuff everytime there is a tragedy is like giving trophies to every kid in the school just to make sure they don't get triggered.

When times get tough you batten down the hatches, learn to live with less, and mentally prepare yourself to weather the storm and endure knowing full well that you have no control over it nor have  any indication as to how long the crisis may last. Expecting free HBO from your cable provider is nothing short of a mediocre SNL skit or something you'd expect to hear from a spoiled 10 year old.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here