tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Way to go! I've been a customer for many years, now I'm a customer in 2 places! Never was I told THIS was happening when I had cable put in up north in my stepmoms home.  So I'm paying double and for this very shoddy service. I'm going to amazon to get Starz ! It's already done check your TV's  

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

4 years ago

Either that or they’re going to make you subscribe to Starz altogether.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

@carol601 wrote:

It appears that along with the main Starz and Starz ondemand, Xfinity has decided to keep StarzEncore. I just clicked on it and Dances with Wolves is on and showing. Also StarzEncore ondemand is operational.

After December 31, I don't know what they will be doing

I do not know this for sure, it's just a gut feeling I have, that IF the Encore channels remain past 12/31 that they are going to be bumped up into the Sports Entertainment Package.  That seems to be Comcast's favorite thing to do to channels when they are up for renewal these days.  Once again, I do not know this for sure, just very suspicious this is what will happen.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

@carol601 wrote:
Either that or they’re going to make you subscribe to Starz altogether.

If I decide to do that, they I would definitely get the service directly from Starz.  For the same amount that Comcast would charge, I would be able to get their entire suite of channels.

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

4 years ago

It appears that along with the main Starz and Starz ondemand, Xfinity has decided to keep StarzEncore. I just clicked on it and Dances with Wolves is on and showing. Also StarzEncore ondemand is operational.

After December 31, I don't know what they will be doing

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

Yah, I'm not sure what Dec 31 means since some channels are already gone.

Of course, our bills haven't gone done as we lose more and more channels.

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

4 years ago

@Doug-H wrote:

I noticed CMT is no longer in that list of channels covered by the $9.95 fee but now costs extra..  Luckily nothing on there I really care about. I think CMT has dropped all non-music shows..  I did watch it for Nashville and for the short lived show about the beginning of Elvis and many others called  Sun Records...   

@Doug-H Please clarify .... Are you saying CMT has (or is being) removed from the $9.95/mo Sports Entertainment Package?  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

4 years ago

@Gig8 wrote:

Don't know CMT. 

CMT is the Country Music Channel which was moved to the Sports Ent. Package (SEP) a couple of years ago long before TCM was moved over.  The earlier comment about CMT no longer being part of the $9.99/mo SEP posted by @Doug-H is what I'm questioning.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

CMT ( Country Music) was moved to the 9.95 package a little while ago...    As I said, I only watched it for a couple of things, one of which I could actually watch on HULU anyway..       I was just checking and found that if I tried to pull it up , it asked for more...    so I declined..  

I did notice on my Guide that the all the extra Starz channels are now gone and replaced by multiple Epix channels mostly showing old Bond movies..  

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

4 years ago

Okay thanks @Doug-H .... I understand now.  I thought at first you meant they've now dropped CMT from the Sports Ent Pack, but it's still there, so no worries .... Thanks for the clarification.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

It's getting to where I've taken just about as much as I can .

Having to go hat in hand every year to beg for a biscuit (lower bill) and then after *being promised* none of my channels would change (

Its obvious to me that decades of loyalty mean less than zero to Comcast. I'll honor this term but I'll be showing them a taste of that same loyalty when it expires. I'll get far better consideration as a new customer elsewhere. Heck I'll probably just start streaming. Less useless channels at a more ala carte price. 

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

4 years ago

I agree with this but the problem you then run into is that you’d be using Xfinity data usage to stream Starz and I don’t know I’d that would count against our monthly allowance or what. Comcast can get you going and coming.

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

4 years ago

According to their website, I’d they don’t reach an agreement with Starz by December 31, they’re dropping Starz altogether.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@moreofless wrote:
I read them and my posts are consistent with them. The bottom line is Comcast has deleted numerous messages because it doesn't like them.

@moreofless 

We sincerely apologize for the confusion. It looks as though your recent posts were removed for multiple inflammatory remarks about Comcast as well as solicitation. Both of these items are on our lists of guidelines and acceptable use policies for the Xfinity Forum. We strongly recommend that you review these documents as continued violations could result in a revocation of your Xfinity Forum posting privileges. If you would like specifics on your guideline violations or have additional questions about your removed posts, feel free to send me a private message to discuss this further. 

Thank you in advance for reviewing those documents and your adherence to all written policies.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

When should I expect my monthly bill to decrease once Xfinity removes STARZ? 

HITZ is not a replacement for Cinemax and EPIC is not a replacement for STARZ.  It appears Xfinity wants to have everyone purchase STARZ for another $12.99 a month.  I already pay too much. 

Xfinity needs to live up to their contract with the consumer and stop deleting stations.  I would not have upgraded my package if STARZ  was not part of the package.   

Keep STARZ!

Does management ever address customer's concerns?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here