tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

TCM is gone, now Retroplex is gone.

the 2 channels that had movies with old fashioned American Values.

i see an Ideology here.

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

4 years ago

TCM isn't gone on from my line up. No new EPIX channels either, just the one newly active channel. All the talk does make me realize how little I'm watching any of the movie channels I'm subscribing to. I'd just like more of the existing channels in HD. Way too few....

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I agree. When they got rid of Cinemax and replaced it with the junk Hitz channel i was just about done but decided to stick with it. Now tonight i turn  on my tv and see a bunch of starz channels missing and am just finding out that Comast may not carry Starz anymore. If so that the last straw for me and im headed to att. I can get just about the same package there for a lot cheaper. Ive been with comcast for the last 30 years. Dont really want to leave but may not have a choice. The bill keeps going up and up.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes, I usually find out channels are leaving when I try to watch them. I missed the news about TCM and was very upset. Then I figured OK, I can still catch an occasional oldie on Starz. Ha!! All the while they say these stations don't pay their way yet I am yoked with paying for a sports package I never wanted. WTH? Come January I am making it my New Year priority to find a way to cut the cord and get only the channels I want. This has become a constant theme with comcast to provide less and less every 6 months and charge more under the guise of low viewership.  Pfffffftt!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just want to say how disappointed I am that Comcast is dropping STARZ from my package that I had a subscribed to. That was one of my reasons for choosing to stay with Comcast was that Comcast had bundled STARZ. How disappointing that you are not thinking of what your customers wanted.  How do I get a refund?

Glenda

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

The Epix channel has basically nothing on it that I will watch.   Direct TV is looking better now!

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I noticed this morning that some of the Starz channels are still available but most of them have been "removed",. As I have stated in previous posts one issue that I have is that Comcast should either remove these channels from the guide or make it so "we" can. My M-I-L has dementia and no matter how many times I explain to her we no longer have Cinemax and now some Starz channels she sees a movie and wants to watch it, but  alas we cannot. Big Business will always find a way to "change" the rules and they don't care. Lower my bill so I can replace the "lost" channels is what I really want and remove the listing because in "marketing" terms it will count as an available number of channels.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

4 years ago

I find it amazing that a company like CC spends thousands of $'s each month to attract customers and then pull's this stupid stunt of providing me less for my monthly dollars. Makes no sense, what are they thinking ?  .......    : - (

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I wanted to write to my congressman but we lost one of the senators who actually care about issues like this and replaced it with a fool. So I decided to reach out to some consumer lawyers and have also sent the no response senator concerns over the constant change in line ups and the issue of paying for a product which really does not exsist in its original form. You cannot have a contract that allows one side to benefit in altering the terms and the other side not being compensated or getting some relief, such as in this case having Comcast actually honoring the packages they sold. The miscommunication from the customer service end is appalling as well. The reps I have talked to are in the Phillipines and one of them said they can do what they want due to the paragraph in the contract. I asked him if he was a lawyer and where he got his law degree - terrible customer service. I think we need to really hit the media, social and do contact consumer lawyers, congress and anyone else. It would be beneficial to have this nonsense stopped and since the executives have their head up their hind end and don't seem to be care about retaining customers, which would be a fairly easy fix. Stand by what you sell. If you are going to change the line up with removing not one premium channel but 2 and replacing it with substandard channels and then take away a popular package so that you can hope a percentage will add 10.00 a month to their bill or more. You are not out anything because you never discounted the ones you took advantage of. Your substitutions cost you less. I do hope this ends up in court and they cannot keep us in these contracts in which the benefit is one-sided.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I have to say that I became a Comcast customer again many years ago because of how ATT and Directv treated me (seperately) and have always said it doesn't matter who "they" are, all of the Corporations feel the same about us. At the end of the month (or quarter) if the "numbers" are about equal they don't care how they got there. The end justifies the means. Leave us or don't we don't care. Does anybody remember the old routine by Lily Tomlin about the Phone Company? Unless the Industry is more closely regulated and controlled(which no one wants) this will continue to happen. They will donate to whatever politician will work "for" them to continue business as usual.

Contributor

• 

198 Messages

4 years ago

Starting last night, Comcast changed most of the STARZ and Encore channels to a message saying the channels were no longer availble. What a HUGE mistake. I had already changed my plan from Premier to Preferred when they dropped Cinemax and offered no real replacement (Hitz doesn't offer live channels), and I continued to subscribe to STARZ as an add-on because it is one of my favorite channel sets. 

Even though Comcast dropped the channels, I know I can watch the STARZ content through On Demand, but why would I pay $13/month to Comcast to do that when I can do it for $9 everywhere else AND get access to app again on my phone/AppleTV/Roku, which Comcast blocked from subscribers many yeas ago. The reason I stuck with Comcast was because I prefer watching LIVE TV over using a streaming app.

Comcast should be worried that this change will not only lead to more cord-cutters, but also to people like me, who will not cut the chord, but will drop services because they are cheaper elsewhere. Comcast, don't you want my money instead of me giving it to your competitors? Make the deal and get the live STARZ/Encore channels back WHILE still expanding EPIX (which I also pay for as an add-on - where are the rest of those live channels?).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

They told me Epix would replace STARZ on 10 Dec in my tv package. I got the welcome to Epix banner but it prompts me to subscribe for $5.99. I still have STARZ for now. Not sure what’s going on with them.

Expert

• 

192 Messages

4 years ago

@moreofless wrote:

There must be an invisable guideline which states "Comcast can delete any comments it does not like".

Discussing the issues related to removing Starz and Cinemax and replacing them with lower value products is directly realted to the service and completely consistant with the guidelines.

@moreofless 

They are not "invisible guidelines" they are actual forum guidelines and CCAndrew provided a link to said guidelines in his post. If you need them you can find the forum guidelines here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028

Also, there is a forum acceptable use policy found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379

Per these documents: "By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379) and all Xfinity Agreements, Policies and Service Disclosures (https://www.xfinity.com/policies). Including the Xfinity Customer Agreement and Xfinity Acceptable Use Policies."

I recommend that you review those documents since Comcast owns this forum they have the ability to moderate and manage it as they wish. There are other forums, such as Reddit, that you can post whatever you wish without the fear of being moderated or posts being removed, but not here. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

DO NOT drop Starz Encore partiulary Encore Westerns. 

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

I noticed CMT is no longer in that list of channels covered by the $9.95 fee but now costs extra..  Luckily nothing on there I really care about. I think CMT has dropped all non-music shows..  I did watch it for Nashville and for the short lived show about the beginning of Elvis and many others called  Sun Records...   

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here