3gstone's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, December 7th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Ray Donovan won’t record.

Have set up series recording multiple times and it still does not record or show on the list of to be recorded shows. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

Is the program on a channel you get with your service?  If you use the guide free to me you can see if that channel is part of the package you pay for.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I have the channel in my package and shows up when I filter free to me.
It’s just that show that won’t record. ?? Other showtime shows record.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

Has the show recorded in the past?   The owners' of the show may not want it recordable.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes it has always taped before. We moved and now have a new Comcast account.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Just odd that it is the only show that won’t record and other Showtime shows do record.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@3gstone wrote:
Just odd that it is the only show that won’t record and other Showtime shows do record.

Contact the people at Showtime.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@3gstone wrote:
Yes it has always taped before. We moved and now have a new Comcast account.

In that case; you may need to get the concast dvr replaced by Comcast n.c. Be aware that you may loose some previous recorded programs.

Problem Solver

• 

720 Messages

4 years ago

Pardon me for asking what may sound like condesending questions...

When you set up the recording, is it set to "New episodes only" or "New & Repeats"?

I notice the new episodes are on Sundays at 8 (Eastern/Pacific); do you have other shows scheduled to record at the same time? It could just be a case of trying to record more things than the DVR can handle.

Will it let you manually record an episode on Sunday at 8? How about at other days/times?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. New episodes. And no other recordings at the same time.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

I never record shows like that since the On Demand features for Premiums are often better anyway..   I have asked my brother this often ( he too records RD successfully by the way)  ...  When I was at his home a couple of weeks back, I successfully watched RD as well as Shameless at his house On Demand...  Now..  he is on FIOS at his home on LI...  not sure if that makes a difference..

Problem Solver

• 

720 Messages

4 years ago

@3gstone wrote:
Yes. New episodes. And no other recordings at the same time.

Try doing one with New & Repeats and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, go to next Sunday's new episode and try recording just that episode (rather than recording all new episodes). Also see if you can record just one episode of a repeat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here