Community Forum

Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

Highlighted
Contributor

Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

Know something? Peacock streaming service was supposed to launch today. At least, for x1 Subscribers. So what happened? I woke up this morning and the streaming service was nowhere to be found. Can someone from Comcast explain what happened? When you say "Peacock" into your remote, it just says "Coming soon to xfinity". Apparently not. The streaming service is nowhere to be found on my subscriber account and I have x1.

So, what happened?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

I was about to ask the same thing.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Reportedly, the release is in stages, and NBC says that all X1 customers "should" have it by May 1.

Highlighted
Contributor

Actually, x1 subscribers were to get it on April 15th, remaining subscribers on May 1st. I'm an x1 subscriber and it's nowhere on my service. Comcast hasn't even posted a message regarding it either.

Highlighted
Contributor

And you can’t get ahold of anyone live to ask either.
Highlighted
Expert

Comcast Rethinks Peacock Streaming Service Plans ....

Maybe this will help explain what is gong on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Your posted article says:

"Tomorrow’s limited launch will make the Peacock premium service available to customers of Comcast’s Xfinity video service and the company’s Flex service –  a streaming video offering offered at no charge to Comcast internet-only customers. Peacock will be available nationwide beginning July 15 as originally intended when plans for the service were announced in January, Comcast said."

So  Comcast customers should see it.   And the APP on Flex should be live.  But it is not.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

From Comcast’s official release, first sentence is important. When X1boxes get updated, they don’t all get updated on the first day. It’s been that way since the X1 platform began, be patient it will show

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/peacock-preview-xfinity-x1-and-flex

“Rolling out over the next few weeks”, X1 and Flex customers can start streaming more and scrolling less by simply saying “Peacock” into the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

The thing you're forgetting is that Comcast updates x1 subscribers around 2-3am, so it should have been rolled out. If there were going to be delays, then that should have also been communicated to subscribers. I'm not hurt over it but there have been a lot of subscribers who were actually waiting for Peacock. I'm not as worried about delays on original content moreso then I am with the huge back catalogue that Comcast has with the NBC UNiversal catalogue.

Highlighted
Contributor

I’m one of those ppl. I was ready to binge criminal intent.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@tempe21
If there were going to be delays, then that should have also been communicated to subscribers.
The press statement said exactly that , “rollout over the next few weeks”. From the time the X1 platform began, updates don’t happen across the board. It’s incremental, if have multiple boxes, you may find one box gets an update before others. It’s so it’s easier to roll back if there happens to be an update that needs fixing. If you don’t have it, be patient, you will.

Highlighted
Contributor

Exactly. Now, it's the 16th and still no Peacock.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Possibly weeks not the next day. There’s 20 million plus boxes out there.
Be patient

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I restarted the flex several times today and got it to show up.   It's there.

Let me say this - utter disappointment.   They think people are going to pay $4.99 a month for this?   The availaible content is very limited and lacking.   I mean, wow.    Was looking forward to something - anything - and yet was like, well I can watch old re-runs of Fraiser, which is on one of the subchannels locally.   So what is there really here?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Remember that what is on Peacock now is a PREVIEW. It is not the full content. That will come this summer on the full launch.

And there will be 3 tiers:

Free will have limited content with ads (but supposedly only 5 min/hr).

Standard will have full content with ads. Comcast customers will get this for free, otherwise it's $5.

Premium will remove ads for an extra $5.

Highlighted
Contributor

I think your definition of "preview" is not the same as our definition of preview. "Preview" means that you get to watch content on the service, not to sit and watch a default screen that says "Coming soon to Xfinity" that is the same kind of screen that is served for websites that use the deafault 'Under Construction' page.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Peacock

When is Peacock going to be added to X1 service?

Highlighted
Contributor

Has this shown up for anyone yet? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Peacock not available on Flex

Got an email today to check out Peacock on Flex. Open the app and the only thing I get is "Coming Soon to Xfinity." Looks like another Comcast fail.
Highlighted
Expert

@Nashman12South wrote:

Has this shown up for anyone yet? 

yes, 2nd icon on apps page.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Peacock not available on Flex

@cubsblue wrote:
Got an email today to check out Peacock on Flex. Open the app and the only thing I get is "Coming Soon to Xfinity." Looks like another Comcast fail.

Again, as has been noted, it will be rolled out over 2 weeks or so while Comcast checks that everything is working. They should have made that clearer in some of the emails.

Highlighted
Contributor

It should have been slowly rolled out - prior - to the announced date, not after.....this isn't exactly the first time a new service has been rolled out.
It's like sending out wedding invitations for June 1 and when everyone shows up, telling them the wedding is actually on June 14, and telling everyone they were stupid to expect it on June1. 

Highlighted
New Poster

For some reason Comcast decided to give it first to Flex (internet only) customers.  I guess they feel those of us paying close to $300 a month for X1 don't deserve it.

Highlighted
Contributor

Peacock on X1 devices

Has anyone been able to access the new Peacock service on their X1 STB?   If so can you indicate where in US you are located.   I understand some are now able to get Peacock on the FLEX streaming service, but I am asking about useage on a conventional X1 STB.

Also if you are able to receive Peacock on an X1 STB,  is the content audio in surround 5.1 or stereo 2.0.    

Thanks !

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Peacock on X1 devices

Peacock on X1 is in the process of being rolled out by device types, its not specific to one region in the US.   

Highlighted
Contributor

If Peacock was rolling out with all it’s promised features, the wait would be worth it, but since it is being rolled with limited offerings, it seems a bad idea to slow walk it. I wasn’t all that enthusiastic to start with, but even that is fading fast.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Peacock on X1 devices: UPDATE its HERE!

Checked by X1v4 last night before turning in and surprise Peacock App was there.  I am in greater Philadelphia area.  I activated and was able to take a quick look.  

To answer my audio question; at least NBC series replays seem to be

in 5.1 Surround!

Will be checking out more features as time permits.....

Highlighted
Contributor

It is amazing that this still hasn’t been rolled out.

And you can’t even call Comcast about it. They’ve shut down all phone lines. I’ve tried to call about this and another issue different times of the day. And you can’t get through.
Highlighted
Contributor

Is fresh prince and law and order criminal intent there ?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No fresh Prince...Law and Order Criminal Intent 10 seasons.  I am in the Chicago area and it showed up on 1 of my 5 boxes, and not the main DVR.  Disappointed that only 5 seasons (the most recent)

of SNL were there.

Highlighted
Contributor

Criminal intent was one of the reasons I looked forward to peacock.
Highlighted
New Poster

Peacock just showed up this morning (4/23) after nightly update. I'm in Chicago area, x1 subscriber. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@tbill1 wrote:

No fresh Prince...Law and Order Criminal Intent 10 seasons.  I am in the Chicago area and it showed up on 1 of my 5 boxes, and not the main DVR.  Disappointed that only 5 seasons (the most recent)

of SNL were there.

There are a lot of SNL seasons on-demand including the first 5

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm looking for specific SNL  seasons that are not anywhere.  Large gap between 5 and 30.  I was under the impression that all seasons would be on Peacock.

Highlighted
Contributor

I seem to recall that Comcast said that Peacock would be rolled out on April 15th to Comcast subscribers. There was no mention of Flex or preview. Then, everyone started talking about "Flex". I hadn't heard about Flex until someone mentioned it in this topic. Comcast seems to keep moving the goalpost regarding Peacock. They should never have announced it until they were sure it would be ready and it sounds like not even Flex customers have it either.

Here we are, a week later and still no Peacock. It would have been better if Comcast hadn't chosen such an arbitrary date for the launch of the service. They should have just said 'Peacock is Coming' with no date specified. So, instead of Comcast subscribers getting an early preview, ahead of the rest of the country, Comcast subscribers don't get to preview the new streaming service before non-subscribers do?

Don't know about anyone else, that is really on the low end of things. Being Comcast subscribers, we should have been given early access to the streaming service. I really enjoy my current service but this Peacock thing has been mishandled by Comcast's advertising team since it was announced.

Maybe make up for this by giving subuscribers six months free of the "no-ads" version of Peacock.

Highlighted
Contributor

I’d be ok with this.
Highlighted
New Poster

Fat chance Comcast will ever give away the ad-free version. But then Comcast has never been known for good customer service, and with good reason. They should change the name of the  Peacock service to "Turkey", which this rollout certainly has been. I think most people would have understood it if they had said 4 weeks ago that the rollout would be late because of the Coronavirus shutdown. Instead, they kept promoting an April 15 rollout for Comcast customers, and then on April 15 saids "Oops, it'll be late if you have X1." Seriously? X1 customers pay a lot more than Flex users, and this is what we get for it??? Turkey.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just got it this morning right outside of Philly on my x1 box.  The one show I would have liked to have seen was LA Law, but it is not offered that I could see. Rest of the content is pretty blah. It's free so I'm happy to have it, but I doubt I'll be using it much with all the other content I have thru x1

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@skintime wrote:

Just got it this morning right outside of Philly on my x1 box.  The one show I would have liked to have seen was LA Law, but it is not offered that I could see.

I don't think Peacock has the rights to L.A. Law. It was produced by 20th Century Fox, which is now owned by Disney, so if it ends up anywhere, I expect it to be on Disney+.

Peacock doesn't have the rights to all NBC shows. For example, Friends will be on HBO Max.

Highlighted
Contributor

It's on my other boxes, but not the X1, as of this morning. Nashville. Rebooted too. 

Highlighted
Contributor

So peacock finally showed up.

To add to this the same thing is happening with Hunter. There’s seven seasons but only two seasons are available. I’m hoping this is fixed with the national launch.
Highlighted
Contributor

Nothing here in Burton, Michigan.

Highlighted
New Poster

I live in Spokane,WA and it was available to me 2 days ago on Wednesday the 22nd.  I posted a negative review about it on my Facebook page and went back the next day to give it a second chance and the app was gone.  🙄

Hopfeully I will get the app back because I do think it will get better over time.  I wasnt too thrilled initially because many of the classic NBC programming I used to watch was not there.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Peacock last watched?

If I am watching a series like the Office, do I have to do a search each time to bring it up?  I don't see a "keep watching" or "last watched"  heading anywhere.

Highlighted
Expert

@tbill1 wrote:

If I am watching a series like the Office, do I have to do a search each time to bring it up?  I don't see a "keep watching" or "last watched"  heading anywhere.

unfortunately, no. if you have one that you didn't finish, it sometimes appears as 'continue watching' it may not start where you left off, though.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I figured it out.  You have to go to browse and arrow down.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Peacock

Do I have to turn closed captions on every time? Seems like I have to.
Highlighted
Contributor

Well, it finally appeared on my service. The only thing I'm disappointing in ius the annoying full screen "java-inspired" video that seems to play in the background the minute you open the app. Did Comcast take classes in the most tackiest flash-based video to annoy its subscribers?

I was also going to sign up for the ad-free version until I saw the 'some ads may appear on some content'. Uh, the whole purpose of signing up for "AD-FREE" is not to receive ads when watching content. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of charging your subscribers the extra fee. It's not ad-free if you're charging subscribers $5 for the free content to continue getting ads.

I couldn't stop laughing when I realized that "Comcast wants to charge users for watching ads". The Extra $5 fee for the ad-free version isn't really ad-free.

Highlighted
Expert

@tempe21 wrote:

Well, it finally appeared on my service. The only thing I'm disappointing in ius the annoying full screen "java-inspired" video that seems to play in the background the minute you open the app. Did Comcast take classes in the most tackiest flash-based video to annoy its subscribers?

I was also going to sign up for the ad-free version until I saw the 'some ads may appear on some content'. Uh, the whole purpose of signing up for "AD-FREE" is not to receive ads when watching content. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of charging your subscribers the extra fee. It's not ad-free if you're charging subscribers $5 for the free content to continue getting ads.

I couldn't stop laughing when I realized that "Comcast wants to charge users for watching ads". The Extra $5 fee for the ad-free version isn't really ad-free.

that is trending and the slow motion is a preview with a title while you are in the trending section. press down to see the different items. press up to get to the top and then left to live channels and right to browse by category for on-demand. 

The only way to have Peacock at the moment is to be a Comcast flex or X1 customer. the with-ads service is free (not $5.99) for us customers. the add on if you add it later is ad-free. 

Highlighted
Contributor

The problem is that when you go to sign up for "ad-free", there is a warning that not everything will be ad-free. So, it makes it pointless to sign up for ad-free if it truly isn't. There is a message that says that not all programs will be ad-free, which turned me off. It was more like, "why pay $5 for the ad-free version if it isn't ad-free." It's kind of misleading and the message stuck out like a sore thumb.