Community Forum

Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Peacock

@DeadMystX wrote:
Do I have to turn closed captions on every time? Seems like I have to.

at this point yes. hopefully they will make a universal setting.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@tempe21 wrote:

The problem is that when you go to sign up for "ad-free", there is a warning that not everything will be ad-free. So, it makes it pointless to sign up for ad-free if it truly isn't. There is a message that says that not all programs will be ad-free, which turned me off. It was more like, "why pay $5 for the ad-free version if it isn't ad-free." It's kind of misleading and the message stuck out like a sore thumb.

most of the episodes have a blurb that only one commercial will be shown. A movie i looked at had 3 commericals all 30 seconds.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

Then, you're lucky. Peacock Premium is showing 60 second commercials and I'm getting a lot of them. I get Prime Video, I pay $5.99 per month and I get no commercials. There's also another problem with Peacock, whoever programmed the commercials into the service haphazardly fed the commercials into the content, where there should be a smooth transition from the part of the video to where the commercial breaks in. There is always around a five second gap where the commercial hangs at the beginning before it plays, like someone has it set on "pause" before it plays.

But, the biggest problem is that there is no option to set Peacock to default on "Browse" or "Channels". Instead, it's permanently set on "Trending", which is a large annoyance. It reminds me of those autoplay videos when you click on some news link. Yeah, in the time that it takes you to switch to another tab, the video starts autoplaying.

So far, I'm not impressed with the new streaming service.

Highlighted
Contributor

The thing I have about Peacock is that the lack of a setting so that users can "set by default" either "Channels", "Trending" or "Browse". While I realize it may be set as "preview" for subscribers, I'm going to reserve my longstanding review until after it's all rolled out. Simply because the service is lacking such TV classics as "Six Million Dollar Man", "The Bionic Woman", "Simon and Simon", "Magnum P.I.", "Battlestar Galactica", "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century", "Invisible Man (2000 Series)". These are shows from the 70's through the 2000's and are only a few.

Maybe someone from Comcast can answer the question about when we'll get more User Settings so we can bookmark/set certain functions that load up during the application start.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

May 5 and still "coming soon."
Highlighted
Expert

@ckmotorka wrote:
May 5 and still "coming soon."

use the voice remote and command "about". what is the model number to the right of "STB Version.."?

Highlighted
New Poster

AXO61AEI_4.0p5s2_prod_sdy
Highlighted
Administrator

All,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Xfinity Forum. The Peacock app is available to all of our Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 customers. All you need is an email address to sign in and start watching.

Peacock is the newly launched streaming service from NBC Universal. It offers over 15,000 hours of content, with hundreds of television series and movies, as well as compelling live and On Demand content across news, sports, late-night, and reality.

Right now, only our Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 customers have early bird access to Peacock Premium, which is included at no additional cost (a $4.99 per month value).

If you want to upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus, which is the ad-free version, visit peacocktv.com. Peacock Premium Plus is billed separately by Peacock and costs $5 for Xfinity customers.

In a few months, non-Xfinity customers will be able to subscribe to the app, and a free tier of the app will be added.

To access Peacock on X1 or Flex starting, you’ll need:

• An eligible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and PaceXG1v1 models aren’t eligible) or a Flex Streaming TV Box
  • Xfinity Internet (any level)
  • An email address for logging in

If you have not noticed this change on your X1 or Flex device, please verify your device is compatible with this service (see eligible devices above) and you have the latest device firmware.

If you are needing to update your equipment to receive the Peacock app you can do so by requesting a self-install kit online. Additional information about updating your equipment online can be found here. 

A system refresh may be all you need to resolve the firmware issue.  Additional information about completing a system refresh can be found here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything else.

For additional information about Peacock on Xfinity X1 and Flex please see the following resources: 

https://www.xfinity.com/peacock

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-overview

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-faqs

https://www.peacocktv.com/xfinity

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/peacock-on-xfinity

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.