Community Forum

One channel (MSNBC) is not available intermittently - Anyone know the fix?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

One channel (MSNBC) is not available intermittently - Anyone know the fix?

Asking for a friend, my TV is fine.  My friend asks:  Does anyone else have Comcast and have intermittent problems getting MSNBC? At least once a week, MSNBC is a black screen on my TV, usually for 10 or more hours!! Only that 1 channel goes black. All 3 TV's have the same problem.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: One channel (MSNBC) is not available intermittently - Anyone know the fix?

@anneha wrote:

Asking for a friend, my TV is fine.  My friend asks:  Does anyone else have Comcast and have intermittent problems getting MSNBC? At least once a week, MSNBC is a black screen on my TV, usually for 10 or more hours!! Only that 1 channel goes black. All 3 TV's have the same problem.

The problem is with the incoming signal reaching the cable-box. The MSN HD channel frequency falls in an area where the signal can be interfered with. He/she need to check all connections for loose cables pulling loose from end connector, etc. They may need a technician to check their wiring.

Ask them to check the lower frequency SD channel. That one worked for me when I had the problem over a year ago on my HD channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: One channel (MSNBC) is not available intermittently - Anyone know the fix?

Thanks so much! I have passed along the info.