vatek1's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, July 26th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

OANN AND ACCUWEATHER

WE WANT OANN, WHY IS COMCAST REFUSING TO PROVIDE IT? THE WEATHER CHANNEL HAS BECOME WORTHLESS 75% OF ITS PROGRAMMING IS COMMERCIAL SHOWS, NOT WEATHER!!!!

21 YEAR COMCAST CUSTOMER

MIKE

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

4 years ago

Stop yelling. OAN is a conspiracy-theory promoting network that has "news" in its name.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

wrong answer. Newsmax is on Comcast. Bloomberg, MSNBC, CNN are all propaganda machines, so in the Ethical Broadcasting Standards ACT, we should be getting balanced Propaganda, or are you afraid of views that differ from MSLSD, Bloomberg, and CNN????????

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@vatek1 

People have been requesting OANN for years now and Comcast has not made any move to make a deal to carry them.  I do not know the reason why, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

From Wiki:

"The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Problem Solver

• 

721 Messages

4 years ago

@vatek1 wrote:

Newsmax is on Comcast. Bloomberg, MSNBC, CNN are all propaganda machines, so in the Ethical Broadcasting Standards ACT, we should be getting balanced Propaganda, or are you afraid of views that differ from MSLSD, Bloomberg, and CNN????????

Er, whatever the "Ethical Broadcasting Standards Act" is (nothing is returned when I do a web search on that phrase), since the word "Broadcasting" is in it, I have a feeling it applies only to broadcast TV, and not cable.
Besides - isn't Fox News enough of a balance?

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

4 years ago

Try watching this from the start and then try to explain how OAN is a news channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnSILVWDKL8&t=199s

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@vatek1 wrote:

wrong answer. Newsmax is on Comcast. Bloomberg, MSNBC, CNN are all propaganda machines, so in the Ethical Broadcasting Standards ACT, we should be getting balanced Propaganda, or are you afraid of views that differ from MSLSD, Bloomberg, and CNN????????

Have you read what the Code fof Practices for Television Broadcasters is all about?  It has nothing to do with any ISP providing a "balanced Propaganda", never mind that it was abolished in 1983.

FWIW, for the uninitiated this had to do with the "children's hour" of television, in the broad sense.

Your argument is basically moot.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

the last thing Xfinity customers need is a channel that spreads false information, conspriacy theories and a lot of lies. no thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ 
Contributor
‎07-28-2020 03:01 AM
Re: OANN AND ACCUWEATHER

the last thing Xfinity customers need is a channel that spreads false information, conspriacy theories and a lot of lies. no thanks!

If people want to add a channel to the current line up- why should it matter to you? It's not like there aren't channels out there already spreading false information and lies.  The solution is you don't watch those channels you don't like, right?  Pretty easy.

Comcast/Xfinity should add the One American News Network (OANN) because it is another viewing option that many customers have requested and it should be made available.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

if and when that network becomes a legitimate news network and stop living in fantasty land maybe you will have a valid point. right now Americans do not need a TV network that bases their content on made up stories, conspiracy theories and spreading misinformation for their own benefit. 

we already have a sci-fi channel for those subjects, yes? 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It's called FREE SPEECH @machado22  .  

It is interesting that it bothers you so much for @Xfinity/Comcast to add "one more channel" to their existing line-up.  The fact that you continue to openly oppose it here in this forum only because this "one news channel" doesn't support "YOUR" opinion is very telling.    

Again, if you don't want to view something, don't view it.  Pretty simple yet that idea evades you....

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

There is not one news station that gives straight unbiased news; it is no longer 1970...especially in an election year. So watch msnbc, cnn, if you are left leaning, but we would like access to conservative viewpoints who differ with the left.
The only explanation is that Comcast supports liberal viewpoints and want to suppress other viewpoints contrary to their own. And btw I just left directv...if this doesn’t change in the next month or so I’ll just cancel and pay to go back to a service who supports more voices; not less.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here