Community Forum

Marquee

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Marquee Sports Network

The problem is out of all the channels I pay for I probably only watch a dozen or so.  Its not a matter of who's paying for what channel because Im paying for channels you want that I feel I should not have to pay for, we all have our preferences.  Therefor comcast needs to come up with a "choose your channel line up".  That way comcast only has to pay Marquee for the viewers who want it.  All problems solved, I will pay extra for Marquee but not have to pay for the 100's of channels I will never watch.  Comcast ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!!!  I will do anything including switch to Ditest TV, after 35 years with Comcast, to be able to watch the cubs games

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast does now have a semi-"a-la-carte" system called Flex. I don't know if it's available nationwide yet.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Flex looks like it's an alternative for customers with Xfinity Internet but not TV. It does not include any "live" channels, which I assume would include any live Cubs games on Marquee, although it does allow access to HBO, which shows live events (e.g. boxing) on occasion. It also does not let you record anything. on an Xfinity DVR.

It does not appear to be "a la carte" in any way, other than letting you access things like Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have subscriptions to those services.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Chicago Cubs 2020

Can U Guys Make A Deal Already All The Cubs Fans Wants 2 Watch The Cubs This Season On The New Deal
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Chicago Cubs 2020

I don’t want an increase in my cable bill, I already had an increase to get back the TCM channel that got held for ransom. I won’t tolarate another increase for a Cubs channel and I will look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative than xfinity.
Highlighted
New Poster

Looks like AT&T TV is in my future.   Too bad......I did like Xfinity but will NOT give up the Cubs games     Too old to be going to the games.    RIP Comcast ?   

Highlighted
Contributor

I have a feeling they'll work something out. The biggest issue is the $4/month that Marquee wants to charge everybody who can access the channel (whether or not they ever watch it). The simplest thing for Comcast is to add Marquee to the (More) Sports-Entertainment channel package (as they recently did with TCM). Then people who want to watch the Cubs must pay an extra $9.95/month for the new channel package, but everybody else is left alone. I doubt Marquee is happy with that prospect, because they'll get nowhere near as much money, and that's what this is all about, right?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@LarryR2 wrote:

I have a feeling they'll work something out. The biggest issue is the $4/month that Marquee wants to charge everybody who can access the channel (whether or not they ever watch it). The simplest thing for Comcast is to add Marquee to the (More) Sports-Entertainment channel package (as they recently did with TCM). Then people who want to watch the Cubs must pay an extra $9.95/month for the new channel package, but everybody else is left alone. I doubt Marquee is happy with that prospect, because they'll get nowhere near as much money, and that's what this is all about, right?

The problem with this is, how do you explain to the Cubs fans that "their" channel is on the Sports & Entertainment package while the White Sox (and Bulls, and Blackhwaks) channel is available to pretty much everybody in Illinois?

Highlighted
Contributor

@ThatDonGuy wrote:
The problem with this is, how do you explain to the Cubs fans that "their" channel is on the Sports & Entertainment package while the White Sox (and Bulls, and Blackhwaks) channel is available to pretty much everybody in Illinois

I enjoy both the Cubs and Sox (crosstown is a problem). The regional Sports fee of nearly $9 is paid by everybody, and covered all those teams plus the Cubs. Now it might go to $12 or $13 just because of Marquee. Maybe it's not the end of the world, but I dislike money-grabbing.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree with other comments.  I would switch services (hesitantly because I like the services I currently have) in order to watch the Cubs.  What's the status of negotiations?  Are you even talking to the Cubs about adding Marquee Network?  It's a big issue for Cubs fans, and there are many!

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Sports Network

If the Cubs Marquee Sports Network is not on Xfinity by 2/22/2020 I will be canceling my service. Thank you.

Tim Hebert

Highlighted
New Poster

If Comcast doesn’t carry the cubs this year and I mean soon I know a ton of people including me that will move to the Dish network. Come on Comcast. Get negotiating!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Cubsfan1973 wrote:
If Comcast doesn’t carry the cubs this year and I mean soon I know a ton of people including me that will move to the Dish network. Come on Comcast. Get negotiating!

I hope you mean DirectTV, because it is very doubtful Dish will ever carry it.

Highlighted
Contributor

The silence is deafening.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this happening by next week. Remember, the Cubs and Comcast were once partners.  What better way for Comcast to stick it to the Cubs for pulling out of their partnership than by not upping.

They'll tell you--you'll stil see Cubs games on their air on FOX, ESPN, FS1 and four Sox games against the Cubs on NBCSCH.  Unfortunately, FOX and FS1 only account for around seven games right now and ESPN has to black out some games as part of their deal (they can carry around 20, but can go only go in-market roughly 10 times). And MLBN does a whole lot of baseball, but has no in-market rights for regular season Cub games. So all told that's around 21 games--or a mere 13% of the regular season.  (TBS also might carry one game in the regular season as well.)  And for spring training, ESPN gets one Cub game and NBCSCH gets one Cub game against the Sox (MLBN will be allowed to pick up a CHC/OAK game to carry in Chicago with the A's announce crew). So that's barely 10% of the exhibition season.  

Sorry to paint a bleak picture, but such is life the Comcast way. Wish Comcast would prove me wrong and up with Marquee from Day 1, but they won't.

Highlighted
New Poster

You can get it through Direct TV, however. I'll make the switch come opening day if things haven't changed. I live in South Bend, IN. I have been able to watch the Cubs my entire life(55yrs) without a problem whether I had Comcast or not. A lot of this is Comcasts fault. MLB should assume that everyone is capable of making a game where they black things out, don't have an issue with that here or at least they didn't. Changes are coming Comcast, make the right move or I am gone too. Alot of people in this area feel the same way so a potential for a mass exodus if the right moves aren't made.

Highlighted
New Poster

No Comcast isn't listening they feelthey can get what they want because they are the biggest... The bigger you are the harder you fall. Agreed RIP Comcast!

Highlighted
New Poster

I will be doing the same!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast....you need to get moving on the Marquee network. I have been a Comcast customer for more than 20 years. I WILL switch to AT&T or Direct TV if you don't. Not a threat, just reality. One of the things I enjoy most about having Comcast is watching Cubs games, if I can't do that then why stay.
Highlighted
Contributor

It seems Hulu just signed up with Marquee (Hulu+ Live) - 5 days to go...

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/17/marquee-network-reaches-carriage-agreement-with-hulu/

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@LarryR2 wrote:

It seems Hulu just signed up with Marquee (Hulu+ Live) - 5 days to go...

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/17/marquee-network-reaches-carriage-agreement-with-hulu/

From that story:

"A deal with Comcast’s Xfinity service remains the white whale, and sources have told Cubs Insider that an agreement might have to wait until as late as May. So, uh, stay tuned on that front."

I haven't missed an opening day game on TV in my 61 years of following the Cubs-even cutting school when I was a boy.  Thanks Comcast!

Since I can't get out of my recently signed 2 year contract with Comcast without penalty,  I will no longer spend $180 on the MLB extra innings package that I have purchased  every year it has been offered- as a way of protest.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm right there with you - here in South Bend, IN and waiting to see how Comcast handles this. We'll definitely change to AT&T if they don't get Marquee figured out in time for Opening Day.

Highlighted
Contributor

@tbill1 wrote:

"A deal with Comcast’s Xfinity service remains the white whale, and sources have told Cubs Insider that an agreement might have to wait until as late as May. So, uh, stay tuned on that front."

Yep--just as I expected.  Told y'all Comcast wouldn't prove me wrong.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Since I can't get out of my recently signed 2 year contract with Comcast without penalty,  I will no longer spend $180 on the MLB extra innings package that I have purchased  every year it has been offered- as a way of protest.

Even if you still had MLB Extra Innings, wouldn't the Cubs games be blacked out?
(MLB) "You live in the Cubs blackout zone"
(Customer) "Comcast doesn't have Marquee, so I can't watch Cubs home games"

(MLB) "You can on Hulu"

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

Even if you still had MLB Extra Innings, wouldn't the Cubs games be blacked out?
(MLB) "You live in the Cubs blackout zone"
(Customer) "Comcast doesn't have Marquee, so I can't watch Cubs home games"

(MLB) "You can on Hulu"

Of course they (Cubs) would be blacked out, even if there was no Marquee network.

I'm not about to spend $50 a month (streaming no less) just to watch the Cubs on Hulu Live 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Marquee Network - Chicago Cubs

Come on a reach a deal already!! I need my cubs on comcast!!!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Didn’t you hear about the Hulu deal???
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PLEASE add the Marquee Sports Network ASAP! We can’t miss our cubs games. I’d have to subscribe to Hulu?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If Comcast does not carry the Cubs I will go with hulu live + for the first month. If Comcast gets them during that time, I will demand a $50 credit to my comcast account, and if I do not get it, I will be DONE with Comcast. Time to move on to U-Verse, if Comcast does not work something out. I will wait as long as I can until signing to Hulu, but if I have to sign for it and do not get reimbersed by the hardheads at Comcast, I am gone. I have been with Comcast for over 35 Years, and will be gone if they do not get this done.

Highlighted
Contributor

ESPN will be blacking out the PIT/CHC 3/30 game in any Cubs market, so Marquee will be the only way to see it (anyone outside a Cubs market is free and clear).

This is why we can’t have nice things, Comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

Get Marquee Network

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee channel

Please get the deal done with the Cubs Marquee channel!! This needs to get done soon.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Another day goes by and still no deal. Getting very close to telling Comcast I am done. Just sign up for Hulu and good by to cable tv for good. I am not sure which is worse, the fact they still don't have a deal, the fact they make it difficult to find a place to cmplain about it, or the fact that when you call you get someone on the phone who has no idea what I am talking about. Getting very frustrated with the lack of care Comcast is showing their customers, and their lack of urgency to actually get somethign done. Once I cancel, that is it for them.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Marquee channel

I agree! Cubs Spring Training starts this Saturday!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

If they add Marquee, and my bill goes up, I will probably cut the cord. I don't <Edited> about the Cubs and giving money <Edited>

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

If you switch to Uverse that means no AntennaTV, if that really matters to you, everyone would have to unplug box and put inside antenna in. You would have to do that for Johnny Carson.👍LOL!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

All these people upset about Marquee Network being added and a possible increase of $4 monthly should realize they also pay for CSN. You have been paying for sports coverage for years. This is no different.

Highlighted
New Poster

YES!!!  Please get an agreement with the Marquee Channel so we can all watch and cheer on the Cubs!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Sports Network

You need to sign an agreement with the Marquee Sports Network so I can watch the Chicago Cubs. I’m a lifetime fan of the Cubs. Other providers in my area are carrying the Marquee Sports Network. If you won’t deliver this network I WILL switch providers.

Highlighted
New Poster

Please get Marquee network.  I called to ask for it no one know what I am talking about.  This is nuts spring training 2 days.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Marquee Sports Network

When will you be hooking up with Marquee Sports Network? I need my CUBBIES!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@ralphc10 wrote:

All these people upset about Marquee Network being added and a possible increase of $4 monthly should realize they also pay for CSN. You have been paying for sports coverage for years. This is no different.

And if I could drop ALL of the sports channels and not pay the RSN fee, I would. Marquee is living in the 2000's, when you simply add a channel and users would gladly pay the extra price. Now, it has gotten so expensive, and there are alternatives.

Highlighted
New Poster

I don't have Marquee network.  When are you going to get it.  This is nuts that you govern what we can watch.  Still mad over losing my ID Investigation.  Do the right thing and get this deal done.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Marquee Sports Network

I can see I'm not alone in my concern that this had not yet come to pass.  As a disabled person who does not get out much, I count on watching Cubs baseball ad my entertainment and escape from the world's troubles.  I am a customer of long standing.  I will not wait forever for this to get done.  I will keep my internet and telephone with you, but if this deal isn't done by opening day at the very least, I will look elsewhere for my tv viewing, someplace that has the Marquee Network.

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Network

Add our family to the long list of diehard Cubs fans wanting Marquee Network! We live 5 hours from Chicago and cannot catch every game in person. We want this channel! Please Comcast help us out!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am very concerned that we have now reached the point where both sides will wait this out until at least May. Comcast is going to bank on the fact that we won't change providers or cut cords just because we can't watch Cubs games. Sinclar/Cubs are going to bank on the fact that we will. The only way for them to find out who is right is to wait until a month or so of the season has been played and the numbers come in. I would be shocked if there is a deal before June 1st. I don't want to leave comcast but they may force me to, unless I can figure out a way to get around the mlb.tv local blackout of games.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My sister and I are looking into Hulu live tv for our tv needs it this drags on.  I'm giving them til  the end of March.

Highlighted
New Poster

My poor 90 year old Mother has lived the last 10 years of her life for watching her Cubs play ball..she can't do internet..and she's been a loyal Comcast subscriber for 20 years...now come on Comcast..she just wants to see her Cubs play, we will pay to subscribe if you need to charge extra for it, just get on the ball and get an agreement.  She was so sad today..opening day of the spring training and she couldn't watch her cubbies!  I may just teach her to use internet and drop comcast..so sad, she said today, guess I have nothing to live for now!  I nearly cried.  Please get an agreement soon!

Highlighted
New Poster

I will not leave Comcast. Blame Comcast and Marquee for failed negotiations after they both knew for over a year what was going on! I’m disgusted with the Cubs after being a fan for 71 years. Greed, greed, greed and the choice of Marquee STINKS. Come back WGN!!

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree with all those saying that Comcast gets the Marquee Network or I switch to another provider. When money-grubbing Comcast removed TCM I almost left, but if I miss Cubs games because of Comcast's greed I WILL go. My husband and I pay a ridiculous amount of money for cable service that gets less satisfactory every day. Enough! Get the Cubs or we're gone.