Community Forum

Marquee

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CUBS on Marquee

The news says that a deal between Marquee and Xfinity is close. Opening Day is July 24th. Will we be watching Cubs by then?? We are DESPERATE for baseball to drag us away from all the bed news these days!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: CUBS on Marquee

It’s been “close” for two weeks. I’d start thinking about alternate means. I am.

Obviously Comcast doesn’t care about my business, but boy do they want you to watch Peacock.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hulu Live, here I come.   I've been more than patient with you, Comcast, but you have decided that your pettiness is more important than the millions of fans within the market you've decided to give a rude finger to.

Good luck with Peacock.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

From todays newspaper.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/7/16/21327178/marquee-sports-network-gm-mike-mccarthy-confident-cu...

I will believe it when I see a true joint announcement and a what channel they will be on.

Highlighted
New Poster

Looks like I'm going to have to cut the cord as well.  I've been on Comcast for more than 30 years, but I don't see that I have an option.  The season starts in one week and we've been told that a deal was going to happen any day now for months.   You lie!!!   Doesn't look like Comcast cares about its customers.  I'm tired of wondering if I'm going to miss the season after waiting 9 long months for Cubs baseball.  It's not that I can afford HULU live, but I can't be without the Cubs.  Shame on all of you!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I would not be surprised if a deal is announced either days before the first game or on the day of the first game.

See

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/07/17/obsessive-marquee-comcast-watch-bruce-levine-has-hear...

Contributor

Yeah, I'm not convinced.  From a paragrah in the story you linked:

That, to be honest, kind of made me feel a little less confident – it made what he was saying feel less like a report and more like his own level of confidence. That’s still worth something, mind you, but it is much less than “Yes, this is absolutely going to happen, I’ve seen the documents!”

Comcast has no desire to add this channel.  That's been pretty obvious from day one.  The sooner you switch, the sooner you get the Cubs.

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Sports Network

When will Comcast be adding the Marquee Sports Network?  DIRECTV, HULU Live, and many others already have this channel.  What is the status of this channel being added to XFINITY/Comcast??

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Sports Network

Is there any update on this channel?  @ComcastAl 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Marquee Sports Network

As of today, no

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I will be cancelling xfinity on Saturday morning if Marquee is not on Comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hey Comcast, get a deal done NOW with Marquee Sports! You stand to loose all of us Cubs fans!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I see they locked the previous thread on this.  That should tell you everything you need to know, unfortunately.

I will be cancelling, as will my parents, not to mention a few friends who will be dumping Comcast in the next few days if Marquee Sports Network is not added. 

Highlighted
Contributor

They won’t miss you, and I’m not saying that to be snarky.

For every one of us who leaves, someone will take our place. Nature of the beast.
Highlighted
New Poster

I will be there with you l guess they won’t miss my 300 plus cable bill a month
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There is another thread on this and some believe that a lost subscriber is magically automatically replaced with a new subscriber.   My post was bot removed for no reason but this is important to me and others after this has dragged on for so long.  

I guess Peacock is Comcast's the answer to that?   Maybe the metrics tell Comcast this, but its a black eye handed out to loyal Comcast customers any way you cut it. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Interesting to note--Xfinity still has a sponsorship deal with the Cubs' radio network (and of course, has the TV partnership with the Sox).  Well, no wonder Comcast doesn't want us to watch the Cubs--they'd rather we listen to the countless ads for them on radio and/or watch the team they're in canoodles with).

Conflict of interest?  You could argue it.   (Can't wait for the bots/shills to argue against.)

Highlighted
Expert

@lb6530 wrote:

There is another thread on this and some believe that a lost subscriber is magically automatically replaced with a new subscriber.   My post was bot removed for no reason but this is important to me and others after this has dragged on for so long.  

I guess Peacock is Comcast's the answer to that?   Maybe the metrics tell Comcast this, but its a black eye handed out to loyal Comcast customers any way you cut it. 

FWIW, I'm not a bot.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Marquee

Until the deal is done, l can turn on my tv to an actual channel and it is on my tv I won't believe that a deal is done.
Highlighted
Contributor

Does any one know if comcast and marquee are at least talking about making a deal? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Latest news implies a deal will get done by game time Friday.

i will be cutting my service to the minimum on Saturday if they fail to come to terms but it sounds positive right now

Highlighted
New Poster

Assuming they agree, is there anything we will have to do to receive the channel?

Highlighted
New Poster

They are going to announce Friday morning they reached a deal.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Channel up and running in Chicago-202

Highlighted
Contributor

Wow. And it's even QAM (vs IP) so I can get it on my Tivo.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I see it here in Chicago now too.

Channel guide not up to date yet.

The channels show up under All Channels but not Free to Me yet.

I even did a Refresh to see if that helped.

Highlighted
New Poster

What Packages include Marquee Sports Network?

I'm' trying to watch the Cubs game tonight, so I'm wondering what package includes the Marquee Sports Network because it's currently saying that it's not included in my package. I also can't find any information on the website saying which package you need to get Marquee Sports Network.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: What Packages include Marquee Sports Network?

@sfrey47 wrote:

I'm' trying to watch the Cubs game tonight, so I'm wondering what package includes the Marquee Sports Network because it's currently saying that it's not included in my package. I also can't find any information on the website saying which package you need to get Marquee Sports Network.

Have you heard of an agreement between Comcast and Marquee Sports Network?  That was 'in the works' or 'in negotiation' a while ago.  There were other threads discussing it.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Possible-Marquee-deal/m-p/3337682

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

What package do you have to have in order to get Marquee? Can it be added by itself?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am able to watch the channel.
But it still does not show up under Free to Me.
My Comcast Plans is
TV: Preferred
Includes Limited Basic, Sports & News, Kids & Family,
Entertainment, Streampix, Additional Preferred Channels,
High Definition and 20 Hours of Cloud DVR Recording
Storage

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, they announced a deal this morning. Marquee shows up on my channel lineup, but it says I have to subscribe.  Unfortunately, I cannot currently find a package to subscribe too that includes Marquee because they have not updated their website.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Chicago cubs

I live in Plainfield IL 60586 what channel marquee sports network?
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the starter package will I be able to see marquee sports network. I do have Comcast sports network channels 200 and 201
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It was previously posted that channel 202 was being used in the Chicago market.

Did you check to see if Marquee shows up when you enter channel 202.

If you can watch channels 200 & 201 maybe you can watch channel 202.

If you have an X1 - XR15 Remote system (example) just type in Cubs on your remote and se what comes up.

Highlighted
Contributor

Try here.     https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/providers/

I tryed that zip code and it said

Please enter a valid zip code.

Highlighted
Contributor

cubanito2020 - I typed 60586 into the channel finder (https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/providers/) and it said Comcast 202 Chicago. Did you already try channel 202?
Highlighted
New Poster

So you are currently able to watch it with the Basic package?

I am getting a subscribe error
Highlighted
New Poster

I get the same thing - says it's not included in my package and nowhere is it an option to purchase. It's on the Live TV grid, but no way to subscribe. Points you do the same dead end on the website.

Typical cust. Svc we've all grown accostomed to. They might get it straightened out by the 2nd or 3rd Cubs game.

Highlighted
Contributor

Bsommer33 - in Chicago, channels 200, 201 and 203 are in the Sports & News section of the channel listing, so there's a good chance 202 is there too. That section is available separately or as part of the Extra and Preferred packages (I get it as part of a grandfathered package).

Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee not listed

Does anyone know why I cant get Marquee on Comcast. They announced the deal but it doesnt show up on my tv listing

Highlighted
New Poster

I just try to find out myself because I'm deciding to switch from youtubetv.com since they'd increased price to $69 monthly.  It'll be $100 for both internet & TV on xfinity.  SoI just looked at https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/providers/ & xfinity is listed at (coming soon) so I take it's not active on comcast channels yet.

I want to know also to know which to get...

Worried about comcast customer service, reason Ieft years ago...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same here. On the guide, but no way to upgrade to watch it. Does Xfinity ever respond to anything here? I see nothing but a LOT of unanswered questions.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@georgebalek 

It probably will be part of the Regional Sports Fee.

What you could do is ask Support via Chat.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but that automated assistant is worthless.
Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee is lincluded in our package and can be watched perfectly from our pc but it is not listed on the channel lineup and can't be viewed when trying to watch via xfinity app on my ipad.  Any soultion?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maybe it’s just going to take a few days to straighten things out since from what I understand they just acquired Marquee yesterday. Out of curiosity, what package do you have? +10, +100, etc. ?? Thanks!
Highlighted
New Poster

Marquee Sports App

When will customers be able to log in to Marquee Sports app to stream their content? I contacted Marquee about this and here is their response.
“ Your cable provider is in the process of being added to the supported provider list. However, as agreement conversations are underway there is currently no ETA for this integration to be completed for your provider. Please contact your cable provider for more information or refer back to this page to check availability by searching “More Providers”.
Not much of an answer. Just more finger pointing in a series of frustrating delays.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Marquee Sports App

So, you got an answer, you just don’t like the answer and came hopefully looking for a different answer? There’s still no ETA or if there will ever be an ETA

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Marquee Sports App

I simply asked a question hoping Comcast could provide more info and I didn’t say anything negative about their reply. Your reply was not only negative but absolutely no help. I expect more from a “Diamond Problem Solver”...