cvk9's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Marquee

I do not know what the status of Marquee sports will be but I do object to the cost of their fans and non-fans. I for one will consider changing my choice of TV provider if the cost goes up to support the Cubs payroll. Comcast, please hold the line and not pay the Cubs

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

@Mcimaru7 wrote:

I'm not concerned about the price as much as whether Comcast will get Marquee onto the Comcast package.  If opening day rolls around and their is no Comcast deal - Bye Bye, I'm off to Uverse/AT&T

I wish these threats actually worked.  But I don't believe Comcast cares whether you or any of us leave or not.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I do not think people can opt out of a sports package currently on comcast. Or at least I am not aware of it. I believe MSCSN cost something like $9.00 a month. I am unaware of a package without it. So I am not sure Marquee can just go to something like that and people decide not to have it. It is either a charge to all viewers or they will not have the channel. And, let's face it, it is stupid that comcast has made an issue of this. They could have easily just hidden the cost by raising equipment prices and no one would have said a thing. 

As for the idea that comcast doesn't care what their customers think, they will very soon. When many leave to go to U-Verse (who is also cheaper) comcast will then care about customers. I am going to a friends house for the opener and then U-Verse is coming to my house the next day to switch. Already switched my e-mail off comcast, and soon the internet and cable will be with U-Verse. 39 years with comcast, and I am done. Over $200 a month with comcast and only $175 a month with U-Verse for the same package AND MARQUEE. I am sure I am not the only one leaving. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This is not a threat. I’m going to Uverse to get Marquee!! Watch me, and I know of at least another 5 people who plan to do the same thing!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been with Comcast since 1982.  On March 27, 2020 after 38 years I will terminate the comcast service and seek the best deal that carries the Marquee network.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I’m good with $4 a month - NOW make the deal already!!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

As a life-long Cubs fan I'd like to get the Marquee Network however I'm not willing to pay for it. My cable bill is too high already. Comcast needs to offer the network as an option if there's an additional cost.  Unfortunately this situation is caused by the Ricketts' need to make even more money. I may become a Sox fan as a result.

Problem Solver

• 

721 Messages

4 years ago

@Mcimaru7 wrote:

You may be - but what about the customers who aren't good with paying $4/month extra for another channel they will never watch?

I am pretty sure the $4/month is based on the assumption that pretty much every Comcast customer in Illinois, and a large chunk of Indiana as well, that has any level of service that includes, say, CNN would get this channel whether they want it or not - and that's $4 per month for each of these homes. If only 1/3 of these people actually want it, then whoever owns Marquee will probably want something much closer to $12/month; would you be "good" with that?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I really have a hard time undertanding the logic of the so called Cubs fans who want to complain about Ricketts wanting to make money and how they do not feel they should have to pay $4 for them to get the Cubs. Do you not have a problem with Reinsdorf making money with 2 of his teams on CSN, which cost $9 and is part of the basic package? Why are you fine with that to see the sox, hawks and bulls? Two teams that he owns, but not okay with paying $4 for the Cubs? Why is what Ricketts doing so much worse? Simple fact is, Comcast raises prices all the time. If they promise not to raise your service price, they raise the price of equipment to get the bill up. I really do not see the issue with $4. Maybe they should put that on and then go with CSN as an option. Wonder how many woudl pay for CSN at $9 over the Marquee network at $4? I might still take both, but if I had to choose one, I would dump CSN. However, Comcast is not allowing that option. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I really think that if/when the channel is added they may add it to the existing More sports and entertainment package and then raise that by a couple of bucks. Of course Ricketts and the Cubs would perfer they be on basic cable so Comcast has to pay for all subscribers but that is not how it is set up on WOW or DirecTV. On both of those there are basic packages that don't include the channel. My biggest fear, however, is that this issue won't be resoloved until well into the season and we will be able to watch SEC Gymnastics and PAC-12 Lacrosse in Chicago but not the Cubs

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I think I would also switch to another cable Tv. Hope Comcast adds Marquee to the line up. Alreday paying too much for the service they provide.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Will  I be able to watch the Chicago Cubs in 2020 on Comcast?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Arnie2 wrote:

Will  I be able to watch the Chicago Cubs in 2020 on Comcast?

At this point, it looks like only the Cubs games that are broadcast on national networks will be available on Comcast.   Search this forum for discussions on the Cubs, Comcast and Marquee Sports Network.  Hopefully, Comcast and Marquee Sports Network will reach an agreement allowing all Cubs games to be seen.   

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Switch to hulu and not only get the marquee cubs station but hulu also carries the ACC channel to watch the Notre Dame games for $60 a month.  Sounds like a deal to me. Comcast customer for 30 years but ready to cut the cord.  With my current contract I can keep just my comcast internet for $60 a month and not pay the disconnect fee. $120 total, Im paying $200 a month to comcast right now. Hulu actually has quite a few stations I like, not a bunch of junk I dont watch.  Maybe next fall when the baseball season is over I would go back to comcast.  We really dont watch alot of TV in the summer months, bit if I cant watch the cubs I have to switch.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Is it up on hulu yet? Last I heard it was not. That said, Hulu plus comcast internet isn't much of a savings, if any for me, compared to just goign all with U-verse. Hulu is $60 a month, but then I would get HBO. So that is another charge. Plus I would get more space for recordings and more places to view. So that would be another $10. U-verse for 3 tv's all the channels I already have and internet would cost me about $174 a month. I just talked to comcast and they informed me that for my 200 speed internet the monthly cost would be $83, plus I rent the modem. So another $14. All in Hulu plus comcast internet woudl cost me more than just doing everything u-verse. And I also like the way u-verse has the shows appear ont he tv. More what I am used to then what I fear I would get with Hulu. And, in addition to Hulu cost with comcast internet, I would need to get 2 firesticks, because 2 of my tvs are not smart tvs. 

So the end result is unless something is announced in the next week to 10 days, I will be with u-verse opening day. 

That said, when talking to the CSR she indicated that the marketing department is well aware of a lot of people being very upset about this. And they are working very hard to make Marquee a part of their package. Not really sure how hard they have to work. Seems if they say "deal' it will be done. That doesnt seem too hard. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I didn't know we had a choice!  Then go to AT&T, but as I stated - I'm OK with $4.

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

@Mcimaru7 wrote:

You may be - but what about the customers who aren't good with paying $4/month extra for another channel they will never watch?

I am pretty sure the $4/month is based on the assumption that pretty much every Comcast customer in Illinois, and a large chunk of Indiana as well, that has any level of service that includes, say, CNN would get this channel whether they want it or not - and that's $4 per month for each of these homes. If only 1/3 of these people actually want it, then whoever owns Marquee will probably want something much closer to $12/month; would you be "good" with that?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here