txcardinalfan's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 20th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

MLB Extra Innings Subscriptions

Does anyone from Coporate have a clue about the MLB Extra Innings subscription process for the short season of 2020 because none of your underlings seem to know. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We appreciate you all being Comast customers and we apologize for the delay in responding. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are all experiencing with MLB Extra Innings. I can definitely understand how inconvenient and frustrating this must be. We definitely want to get it corrected ASAP! 

I was able to find out this has been reported as a known issue, where customers who have MLB Extra Innings through Comcast when logging into https://comca.st/2P0ZxO7 and choosing XFINITY as the provider and logging in with the appropriate information, receive a message stating they need to subscribe. This has also been linked with video quality issues with MLB Extra Innings subscription as well. 

We are working to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. I do not have a timeframe on when this will be fixed, but we will continue to monitor and follow up with any updates received, or once these issues have been corrected. 

Thank you all for your continued patience and for sticking with us through this process. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I would like to know as well - the activation of MLB tv through xfinity seems to be going in circles. Wont let me authenticate, calling or chatting to supoort they are not sure about the process. 

Each time i follow the instructions on xfinity website, it takes me to mlb then takes me back to xfinity extra innings order page.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

Add me to the list of previous subscribers who are in the dark and hoping someone, a Comcast professional can provide a detailed answer being the MLB season is set to begin in 2 days.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

Extra Innings will be available for $89.  This year looks like finally all the games will be available in HD, each team has their own channel now where you can view their broadcast in HD.  Starts with channel 3001.

Not sure though if we can get MLB.tv thru it again, when you go to the MLB.tv page it no longer has a page for subscribers thru Extra Innings.  Don't think this is an Xfinity thing it might be an MLB.tv thing.  Although for this season it's only $60, was gonna just get it thru them but when I saw that Extra Innings is finally going to have every game in HD plus every team's broadcast I stayed with Extra Innings.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

4 years ago

I just got an email explaining to us we have access to MLB.TV this year again. Great. But when I select Xfinity like the above posters said. It’s just an endless loop of me adding MLB Extra Innings to my plan even though I already added it.

Please fix and allow us to authenticate our credentials so we can gain access to MLB.TV!

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I purchased in few days ago. Its available now, includes mlb.tv - with instructions on the xfinity page on how to activate. However it just cycles through the xfinity extra innings splash page after mlb website confirmation redirect.

MLB support said they cant help, issue is on xfinity side according to them. Friend of mine through directv already claimed his mlb.tv via extra innings subscription today so it does work for other providers. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue authenticating. Can this please be fixed? MLB.TV support couldn’t help me with it and said it was on the Xfinity side.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Anyone from Xfinity? Opening day is today. Still cycles through. Mlb.tv is great to have if you cant run cable to patio etc...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have TiVO boxes with cable cards in each and was told by Xfinity/Comcast that I can not subscribe anymore to MLB Extra Innings unless I get/rent one of their Set Top boxes which seems incredibly dumb to me.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

FYI: Opening day is today but since there are only 2 games and both are being televised by ESPN, your MLB EI package or MLB.TV package won't work today.

Try again Friday 7/24 when a full schedule will begin and hopefully the MLB EI and MLB.TV will work properly. Just know that on opening day you are not missing anything.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Right, but the Summer Camp games were being shown on MLB.tv and it was impossible to login with your Xfinity account.  I cancelled Extra Innings immediatley when the login site was taking me in circles.  The writing was on the wall early that Xfinity still doesn't know what they are doing, and Customer Service has forever been unknowledgable of anything Extra Innings related.

They FINALLY add MLB.tv and it doesn't work.  I mean it took them nearly two decades to get more than two games a day in HD so what can you expect?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

They are on 3000-3030 now. One team per channel. Dont think we will have home or away broadcasts. It does not look like an app now, but channel based.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Where are the MLB Extra Innings channels that were 769-785 all these years on non X1 boxes? They are not showing up on the guide an hour before first package game starts. Is MLB Extra Innings still available on non X1 boxes?

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

I feel your pain. I have been an off & on Comcast customer for over a decade and the MLB EI plan has been less than satisfactory. I noticed last year the subscription included MLB.TV and I was about to link them both up successfully.

This year I noticed the channels were moved to the 3,000 area and it appears each team has its own channel and each channel is in HD, so I have to give them props for "finally" having every game in HD.

Today the 1st game just began and the MLB.TV sync still does not work. That is dissapointing and you're right, customer service has very little knowledge about the plan, these fans, these customers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Still does not work. Here is why every other provider offers MLBtv part of Extra innings, is because you cant watch or peek on games while out of wifi with the xfinity app it restricts us. Ie being at a grocery store or stepping out. 

This is why having MLBtv is so important, and reason for subscribing, if it doesnt work has comcast has issues .... just tell us and we will move on. Plz.

Anyone from comcast can comment? Its an error on the website or back end that is not letting us sync Extra innings with MLBtv.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here