kpo117's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Anyone know how to set up the MLB.tv account that comes with the Extra Innings Package? I order the package 2 days ago and whenever I try and link my account through MLB.tv, all it does is take me to the page that shows how to order Extra Innings through the voice remote. (https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark)

I would like to be able to access MLB.tv so I can watch spring training games.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hey all, I found this in regards to setting up your MLB.TV account: 

What You'll Need

You will need the following to purchase MLB EXTRA INNINGS including access to MLB.TV:
  • A minimum Xfinity TV service of Limited Basic
  • An Xfinity-registered TV Box
To access MLB.TV, you will also need an Xfinity username and password:

How to Watch on MLB.TV

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat Premium app. Simply follow the steps below to active your MLB.TV Premium account and start watching:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.TV account on each new device.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to pay extra to access MLB.TV?
No, MLB.TV is included with your subscription of MLB EXTRA INNINGS.

What devices are supported by MLB.TV?
MLB.TV is available online at the MLB.TV, on mobile devices (iOS, Android) and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, etc.). For a full list of supported devices, visit MLB.TV’s device listing.

You can also watch MLB EXTRA INNINGS on your TV on the below channels. HD channels may not be available in all areas.

• Standard Definition: GAME1 through GAME14
  • High Definition: GAMEHD (GAMED) and GAMEHD2 (GAME2)

What are the system, operating and device requirements for MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for the most up-to-date information on system, operating and device requirements.

What if I have technical issues with MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for issues with the MLB.TV platforms.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

5 years ago

@Fenwayfaithful wrote:
I just wanna get Nesn for the Red Sox since I live in Texas , but I have to order the whole package I just wanna see one team can Comcast make it just so we can order our favorite team for a cheaper prices rather than ordering the whole package will be switching to att most likely after this year since they offer nesn with there Sports package

What Microphone said - I had U-Verse for about eight years with the sports package, and while you do get all of the Regional Sports Networks, pretty much every MLB, NBA, and NHL game on the channels not considered to be in "your local area" is blacked out with a screen that says something like, "This program is not available in your area." This is pretty much universal over all cable and satellite systems, and in part it is because the leagues want you to pay for their version of League Pass.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

5 years ago

It looks like for the first time Comcast is now including the MLB.TV streaming service with Extra Innings this year. It says it on the MLB on Xfinity front page here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb

“Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.”

This is good news. I’m about to sign up for the first time 🙂

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Fenwayfaithful, that is a cool idea. I'll pass your feedback to my leadership. 

I would like some clarification.  To this point, I am unable to see any information on the MLB Extra Innings package. 

reardons1111, what information are you requesting specifically? Pricing for your account? 

KenF

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

5 years ago

IIRC, I downloaded the MLB At Bat app on my iPhone and when signing in there is an option at the bottom of the log in screen that gives me an option to sign in with an TV provider. I chose that and saw “Xfinity”. Then it brought me to a sign in screen asking me to log in using my Xfinity credentials. Authentication was successful I then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using my MLB account. It then linked my Extra Innings account with the MLB.TV / MLB account and I was able to watch archive or live games playing at the time. It was quick.

If you are having an issue under Settings in the iOS app there is an option to “connect purchase to MLB.com” I also clicked that to verify MLB.com saw my Extra Innings purchase.

Hopefully this isn’t confusing. I didn’t try to use the MLB website on a desktop or notebook PC. I just used the MLB At Bat app to authenticate everything.

Tbh, I think ComcastTed, ComcastMorgan or someone else needs to make a sticky thread on how to connect Extra Innings to MLB.TV and with other details so others who are interested in purchasing Extra Innings are not left in the dark.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Last year (2018) with Xtra Innings I was able to login to MLBTV in the AtBat app, or by clicking to TV logo on the MLB team webpage, and watch games on my phone, tablet or PC. When we travel out of our broadcast area we used the AtBat App for MLBTV logging into AtBat first, then MLB TV with our Xfinity account. Are you saying that will NOT be possible this year?

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Just saw this today 3/20/19:

Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The same issue is happening to me when I try to activate / link MLB with Xfinity. I enter my Xfinity login credentials and then I'm taken to the Xfinity MLB Extra Innings main page. I tried on my desktop and the MLB At Bat app with no luck. Maybe something needs to happen on the Xfinity side for this to work and they haven't quite worked out all the details yet. A support page with instructions on how to do this would be great.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am also interested in single team coverage of MLB Extra Innings.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

@kpo117, and @rosecharm

Welcome to the Xfinity forum. Were you able to use the steps provided by @bruistopher to see if this would resolve your issue? 

After choosing Xfinity as your provider, then enter your Xfinity username and password, do you get the authentication successful message? Then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using your MLB account.

IIRC, I downloaded the MLB At Bat app on my iPhone and when signing in there is an option at the bottom of the log in screen that gives me an option to sign in with an TV provider. I chose that and saw “Xfinity”. Then it brought me to a sign in screen asking me to log in using my Xfinity credentials. Authentication was successful I then click cancel on that particular screen than logged in using my MLB account. It then linked my Extra Innings account with the MLB.TV / MLB account and I was able to watch archive or live games playing at the time. It was quick.

If you are having an issue under Settings in the iOS app there is an option to “connect purchase to MLB.com” I also clicked that to verify MLB.com saw my Extra Innings purchase.

Hopefully this isn’t confusing. I didn’t try to use the MLB website on a desktop or notebook PC. I just used the MLB At Bat app to authenticate everything.

Tbh, I think ComcastTed, ComcastMorgan or someone else needs to make a sticky thread on how to connect Extra Innings to MLB.TV and with other details so others who are interested in purchasing Extra Innings are not left in the dark.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for confirming. I know you have a tech coming out, but do you mind if I review the backend of your account and check the rates codes to see if I can help? I'd also like to follow up with you after the tech visit to see if they are able to resolve the problem or if further investigation is needed. Either way, I'd like to help, or at least provide you an answer as to why you aren't getting it. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

If you reply outside of my working hours, I'll reach out when I get back. My working hours are Sunday's through Thursday's 2:30-11 PM MST. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastChe I did try the steps that @bruistopher suggested, thank you. However, the issue remains that after selecting provider Xfinity from the MLB At Bat app (desktop too) it redirects to Xfinity for login authentification and then stalls there. The MLB app does not refresh and the linking of accounts does not occur. Maybe this won't work until the regular season starts? Is it possible for you to replicate the issue?

I don't even have access to the MLB Extra Innings channels on Xfinity yet, though I subscribed a few days ago. (multiple agents have confirmed I have the subscription and we've tried many things to fix) I had to upgrade from a tivo to an x1 box to access it but still no dice (a technician is coming out) Hope the rollout kinks get worked out soon.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t even get the option to log in when I select xfinity as my provider. It only takes me to the page I have linked in my original message (for both app and desktop). I also don’t have access to the channels on my tv. Do I need to get a different box for that?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem with MLB.TV. I log in and instead of it taking me to the video player it takes me to xfinity's mlb extra innings web page. Hopefully this all gets fixed by next week when the season starts. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here