Community Forum

Lossing more channels

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Lossing more channels

1. First it was TCM Now it's tv 18 out of Lafayette and channel 7 out of Chicago they are gone.What is comcast taking away next. These channels have been on for years and the bill keeps going up. What am I paying more for to get less for my money. Give me a break it may be getting time to tell comcast to shove it. Just can't see why all of us keep loseing channel's that we watched a lot. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Lossing more channels

Those channels would have been droped by the owner of the local, OTA station.

When the local owner drops a subchannel they are no longer available to Comcast. You shoud connect the local channel to see what is going on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

In regards to Channel 18, it may be the same with7
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/WLFI-TV-18/td-p/3290917

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I went to wlfi tv 18 web site they tell a hole different story they are not the ones reasonable for comcast taking off there channel. I sure don't like getting lied to,so what do you have  to say about that??

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I didn’t make the comment, I pointed you in the direction of a fellow customer who provided a possible answer. Ask them, if you feel lied to...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor