nickp1's profile

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Today 9/4/2020 checking my September billing statement I will be losing all StarzEncore channels and also MoviePlex on Oct 27,2020. Having the digital preferred package I have been recieiving these channels since the onset of my "contract" over 1 & 1/2 yrs. (I am a 20 yr Comcast customer) Will there be any compensation from Comcast since this is NOT the "contract" I had agreed to sign besides providing inferior Streampix channels, of course NOT, unless I sign a subscrption to recieve Strarz (of course price NOT listed on the bill).

Since TCM was my favorite channel I also had to sign up for the Sports and Entertainment package another jab by Comcast.

Anyone else feel this is a common unethical and deceitful way of Comcast business practices.

This is the note on my bill:

• Effective October 27, 2020, StarzEncore, StarzEncore Westerns, StarzEncore Black, and StarzEncore Action will only be available with a subscription to Starz. They will not be included with Digital Preferred/Preferred. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges. Effective October 27, 2020, MoviePlex will no longer be available. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I agree with you 100%  .  I've been with this for over 30 years.  ()

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

The encore channels you replaced with epix and screenpix were a lot better. Had better programming. I cant see where there are just as many channels. I agree with the rest. The price is too high anyway, without taking some channel away.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I was already  off about TCM (seriously, who decided that was a good move?) & now we lost MoviePlex? CUT IT OUT, COMCAST!

Before the TCM manuever, I had planned to upgrade to the next tier/plan because there are some channels in there that I would love to have, but it's really not worth the money. Not now. Especially if I have to pay extra on top of that for TCM. My plan  + internet is already really expensive, so I can't see throwing more money at them for a not-awesome product. I mean, thanks for getting Decades back, but why don't you lose one of the bajillion shopping channels or useless music channels before dumping a movie channel?  GRRRR.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

So the pattern here is that as the service becomes more expensive channels are removed. You have taken channels like starz and Cinemax away from those who purchased them and have given in return channels like hitz and epix.

The issue is there is no value here. As you continue to remove features and ask people to pay more you devalue your overall service.

So I just wanted to say thank you for once again proving you actually can be worse. The standard for Comcast gets lower and lower.

There is no response that can validate the overall devaluing of your service.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

You stock has gone up 13 dollars in 5 years. It’s at 43 dollars.

Add some channels of value

Do something other than charge to rent you cable boxes and remove channels people actually like.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

I had enough and so I canceled Comcast tv.  Every other month comcast removes channels and moves them to other tiers. I had enough and canceled.  Now I get cable tv a lot cheaper on philo. Only 20 dollars a month for 60 channels!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Cancel comcast tv. I did yesterday and I am never going back. I am tired of them moving their channels to other tiers and saying we have to pay more for it like Encore & TCM.  Just get youtube tv or smoething like that and you'll never look back. SHame on comcast for taking advantage of its customers. I will no longer have to pay DVR fee, nor sports fee, or rebroadcast fee. Bye bye comcast and good riddance!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Epix and Screenplex neither provide what was provided with Starz. I am an avid western fan and the Starz Western channel provided many favorites that I enjoyed watching. I have never watched Epix and very seldom do I watch Screeplex. There is nothing on either that I care for.

So it looks like we lose Starz and have nothing to replace it all the while paying the same amount. I have been a customer for over 30 years, signing up when cable first came to my neighborhood. Rest assured, I will begin looking at other options to replace Comcast/Xfinity next year when my contract is up for renewal. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed. I'm a western fan too, and Starz has the best Weaterns movie generes playing. Comcast figures they have to squeeze a few more dollars out of loyal customers. Screenplex is OK for westerns but not my favorite.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This just BS! They just want us to pay MORE! There needs to be changes to cable so they get competition and not this monopoly they have now!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I agree. I'm a stock holder and Comcast should give subscribers decent programming.

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

4 years ago

I don't even have Epix in my Preferred package just that Screenpix crud.......why don't I have Epix?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed! There is no competition for Comcast, they are the only show in my town. The dish or cutting the cord  and go streaming is the only alternative.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I would hope Comcast Management would read these posts and make it right for their longtime customers. I've been one for 20 years and they dont seem to care. How about ala carte "simple in practice" pick your own channels! I have 200+ Comcast Channels but probably only view 36-40 channels out if 200. Let the customers decide what they want to watch not the Networks! Heck it's a horrible time with Covid too.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I don't know if you get a channel  called INSP I get this this channel from Xfinity on channel 295 check to see if you also get  this channel from xfinity They have Westerns like Gunsmoke . Bonanza . The big valley  and western movies as well

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here