nickp1's profile

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Today 9/4/2020 checking my September billing statement I will be losing all StarzEncore channels and also MoviePlex on Oct 27,2020. Having the digital preferred package I have been recieiving these channels since the onset of my "contract" over 1 & 1/2 yrs. (I am a 20 yr Comcast customer) Will there be any compensation from Comcast since this is NOT the "contract" I had agreed to sign besides providing inferior Streampix channels, of course NOT, unless I sign a subscrption to recieve Strarz (of course price NOT listed on the bill).

Since TCM was my favorite channel I also had to sign up for the Sports and Entertainment package another jab by Comcast.

Anyone else feel this is a common unethical and deceitful way of Comcast business practices.

This is the note on my bill:

• Effective October 27, 2020, StarzEncore, StarzEncore Westerns, StarzEncore Black, and StarzEncore Action will only be available with a subscription to Starz. They will not be included with Digital Preferred/Preferred. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges. Effective October 27, 2020, MoviePlex will no longer be available. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed again! I lost all of my movie channels specifically TCM only to be told If I wanted to watch it I needed to buy the sports package! Ridiculous now my favorite Starz Westen channel is gone- well not gone I just have to pay$$$ more and I get less of what I the customer wants !
Comcast needs to go ala Carte where you pick your own channels. Out of 205 channels I receive most are junk I watch 40/205 channels max.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed! It upsets me And that’s being polite that ,Comcast takes channels away like Starz
Westerns and the only way I find out is my channel doesn’t work the same thing happened with TCM! I had to buy the sports package to get TCM which is only one channel  but I had to buy a sports package to get TCM.
Comcast is shady when it comes to charges. I pay a huge $200 ++plus bill each month. I keep on losing channels that I like. Comcast needs to go a la Carte where you pick your own channels you like to watch . Out of The 205 channels They say I get, I only watch about 40 channels..

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed it’s upsetting

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I'm sick of this, too. The same month they raise my bill over $6 per month, they take away Starz encore, and Movieplex. I'm still disgusted at losing TCM. So many of what we get are garbage, and the ones we love and loyally watch get taken away.

TCM was a huge hit, as can be figured out by the massive protests, but all Comcast has to say is that it wasn't popular. Right.
In the meantime, we get multiple EAS "tests" which constantly interrupt on demand programs and switch channels, in an amount far beyond the supposed once a week and once a month schedule they are supposed to adhere to. Add in my box is always switching away from what we are trying to watch over to Hallmark Drama.
Frustration would be a mild word. I'm fit to be tied.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Went on Movie Plex today to see what was playing, it's been removed. Saw where it was scheduled to be removed in March, but was extended. It was a very good channel to watch, no commercials, and the movies were nice to watch in the afternoon. There is so much filler on the channel list, why take something away that was actually a treat to watch, if you like movies that maybe you never got a chance to see 20 years ago when they came out. During the covid pandemic it was a lifesaver from all the talk shows. Any chance you might reconsider?

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

4 years ago

I  agree they need to stop taking away channels without replacing them with something else.......we're paying more and more and getting less and less.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

. I mourned the loss of TCM but refused to pay more for a sports package I would never use. Now they have removed Movieplex, which was a great channel. For what? More home shopping channels? More sports channels? More foreign language programming?

Well, Vice President Tom, you are disappointing your customers out here! Bring back our movie channels or give us the option to choose the channels we wish to pay for.

Dish is looking increasingly better all the time.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm tired of being pushed around by comcast/xfinity for a service I pay so much for. I am now seriously shopping for an alternative. 

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

I've come to the conclusion that they are not taking away unpopular channels, but instead taking away popular ones so they can gouge us for more money just to keep the channels we've been paying for all along. It's not as though the channels are completely unavailable; they just come at an extra charge.

If they hadn't already raised my bill by $6, I might have added on the Starz package, but their shyster ways and ridiculous charges have earned them a "drop dead" from me.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

You  are right. With Comcast, you cant get comfortable with any line up. This is so inconsiderate, especially during these tough times with folks dealing with covid. Also, so inconsiderate to do this to seniors who, in many case, only have TV for companionship. Yet, as you said, they keep increasing rates. You would think a company as profitable as Comcast would offer some financial relief to seniors instead of changing their channel lineup for a class of citizens who dont adjust well to change in the first place. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Why am I not getting MoviePlex, Starz Encore, Starz Encore Action, Starz Encore Black and Stars Encore Westerns?  This is supposed to be includen with my Preferred TV.  Working until today when it now says I have to subscribe for the Encore channels and go to On Demand for MoviePlex.  How many other channels will be taken away?  Not Happy.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Check your billing statements for news, it was announced there. Movie Plex was supposed to be gone earlier this year but deferred because of the pandemic.

1 Attachment

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I too, liked the Movie Plex channel. The message said that you can find the movies on demand, but actually the one I watched last week on Movie Plex ended up with a charge of $3.95 if you want to watch it now. Not all the movies I've watched on Movie Plex are still free. Guess they figured why give it out free if they can charge for it. We all pay too much for the packages we have, alot of people have left this Cable to get more of what they watch, not what they want you to watch.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here.  I thought I was paying extra for these channels with my Preferred Account.  If they are taking away some of my favorite channels are they going to reduce my bill?  I doubt it.  Itmaybe time to quit Comcast.  I am getting tired of their underhanded practices.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can not believe I have just lost more free movie channels. I loved Movieplex and the Encore channels. Now Comcast wants me to pay for them. You are out of your freaking minds. I pay over $250.00 a month to Comcast for internet and cable, and my bill just keeps going up. I have been a customer of Comcast for 10+ years. You give specials and deals to new customers all the time and absolutely nothing for you current customers. My bill goes up and you take more channels away. That makes sense. I am done. I am canceling my cable package and going with direct TV. Bye!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here