Rubicon4's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, June 15th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Investigation Discovery

When is Investigation Discovery coming back to the lineup?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Whoever you talked to was wrong, the grandfathering stopped as soon you upgraded/made changes.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What happened to the Investigation Discovery channel?  I was told when I upgraded I would still have the same channels I always had.  That needs to be added to my lineup or grandfathered in.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@masj wrote:

So how do we get it added again?  I have had no luck with 3 different customer service reps, who have all had different answers.  

Comcast currently has no agreement to carry ID and it is unknown when or if they will in the future.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Txneon04 wrote:

I just renewed my bundled package the other day and discovered that I lost Investigation Discovery. I was told today that I would have to pay full price for my cable package without a bundle price to get the channel. So basically instead of 183.00 per month, they want me to pay 259.00 per month to get Investigation Discovery. Ridiculous! So after 26 years as a Comcast customer, I am having Direct TV come install TV programming with ATT supplied internet and home phone. I get all the previous lost channels that Comcast took away in the last 2 years and it cost 50 bucks cheaper. There's too much competition out there for Comcast to get away with gouging people any longer.

Considering Comcast has no agreement to carry ID, the person you spoke with had no idea what they were talking about and was trying to upsell you.  I don't blame you for being upset and angry over it.  Good luck with the move.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

We haven't upgraded anything.  My wife used to watch that show religiously.  Now it's showing in our channel lineup, but it says it requires a subscripton, but you have to go to the Xfinity website to add it.  It's not there.  

What brought me here is "See No Evil" has an episode tonight at 8:00 about a fellow motorcycle rider who was murdered for his motorcycle.  I'm reading on a forum that other people are able to get that channel and they will be recording the episode.  So, some subscribers get the channel and some don't?  Why is that?   If I pay $240 a month for a bundle, I expect the channels I've always had will be available.   I've haven't needed a reason to switch to DirecTV, but this bull will make that decision easier.   

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

4 years ago

so hwat channels are alternatives to ID that comcast carries?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed!!!!!!

I was told twice by customer services reps that "all of my channels I currently access will be in the new package"  ...   and, this included ID channel (although I had not asked directly about this one channel).   So, I changed to the GO BIG package a week ago ...  and, to my surprise/disappointment,  the ID channel was not included ... and, when I call Xfinity, I am told it is not included AND not available for this package ...   it was included in my previous package that I was grandfathered in for the past few years...    The rep did not make any comparisons of the package and simply replied "yes" to my question that "all channels are included in this package that were in my grandfathered package".   Extremely disappointed!!!

Comcast/Xfinity ...   bring back the ID channel in these packages!!!!!!!    ASAP!!!!!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Comcast, bring back ID. It was my favorite channel before I upgraded my plan and unknowingly lost it.

PLEASE!

Kathy 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

There is currently no contract problems with ID.  Comcast has just decided not to allow new customers to have this channel.  My mom is 85 years old and this is her favorite channel.  Please allow new customers to have this channel and make an older person happy.  It's really unfair to everyone.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Denise38 wrote:

There is currently no contract problems with ID.  Comcast has just decided not to allow new customers to have this channel.  My mom is 85 years old and this is her favorite channel.  Please allow new customers to have this channel and make an older person happy.  It's really unfair to everyone.

Who told you there isn't a "contract problem[s]" with ID?  Comcast currently doesn't have an agreement to carry ID.  Those that still have it are grandfathered in until a change is made to their service, and then they will lose it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I emailed Investigation Discovery back in February. Their full reply is below. See bolded section.

-------------------

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us about losing access to one of your favorite channels on Comcast. Recently, Comcast created new package options that do not include Investigation Discovery (ID). Due to these changes, affected Comcast customers will not be able to access all of the episodes available in the ID Go app, as full access requires a subscription to a Comcast package that includes Investigation Discovery. Unfortunately, the decision not to include ID in these new packages was made by Comcast and is not related to a contract dispute or any ongoing negotiations. We want ID fans to be able to watch the content they love, and Comcast has the necessary rights for ID to be made available to all of its customers.

We understand that this can be confusing and frustrating for our loyal fans and therefore recommend you contact Comcast to let them know that you are disappointed in their decision to not offer ID in their new packages. Viewer demand for a network is the best way to ensure it is added back to your channel line-up.

Thank you again for contacting us and we are grateful for your interest in and support of our programming.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

me too. They are adding a lot of documentaries and are leveraging it to get people to pay for more expensive packages as ID becomes more profitable

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same here.  My reward for another year of long time service was a $30 hike to my bill. The 4th-straight yearly bill increase. Enough is enough and I called to modify my plan. Assured I would not lose any channels, I went for it. IDHD channel dropped out mid-program the next morning. It was the only channel gone. The rep said the contract between Comcast and ID had expired and they were trying to come to an agreement.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here