Foolish47's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

HBOMax not compatible with older HBO bundle plans?

I have had HBO bundle since 2016. My monthly bill shows included HBOMax in the plan. I had access to HBOMax streaming until this morning. When I try to login to the HBOmax website or app (phone and tv) it says that my Xfinity subscription has expired. HBOMax will then ask me to link a subscription.  When I login with my Xfiinity account it brings me to a Xfinity.com page to add HBOMax to my plan. I even tried to add it to my account but it errors out and tells me I must call a 1-877 number for further assistance. 

I called tech support about the issue. The said it is due to the fact they no longer offer premium channels as a bundle and I need to redo my plan in order to access my content. All the plans are more expensive for less. 

Is anyone else having this problem with the service?  I wonder what the solution will be or will I no longer have access to the content I had last week.  Thank you for your time.

Foolish47_0-1598145119376.png

Foolish47_1-1598145224736.png

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I just logged in to my hbomax account and it works! I did None of the above steps mentioned by community manager or the other person suggesting to reset my modem!  The issue was and is on the Xfinity side of our accounts. Be patient and hopefully they will come to a resolution that is not redoing your grandfathered premium bundled plan!

Thank you for everyone posting and sharing their experiences and keeping the faith!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

All these issues are tied to an internal issue of how comcast is accounting for HBO subscription as independent of their tv plan and did not account for those that had HBO included with their tv bundle. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Got a call from Xfinity this afternoon while I was at work.  When I got home and logged in to my HBO Max account, everything was back to normal and working.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew The issue was caused by a "Comcast outage" on how they classify the bundled HBO subscription vs the newer way of having it as a separate premium subscription.  Most people here are not trying to access HBOGo content. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJessie Your answer is not the solution to the problem everyone is/was trying to figure out. Everyone here is well aware that HBOGo is no longer the appropriate site or service. It clearly states in the OP that I was using HBOMax prior to the outage. Your answer is an answer and yet far from the "Best Answer" to this since solved problem. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Jessie, thank you so much for your post, and since you got your answer from Brenda, then thank goodness for her as well. 

I was having the same issue, I couldn't log into my HBO account through any device, I kept getting the message that my subscription was expired when it's actually very active through Xfinity. 

I started out with your instructions but for me I didn't have to go all the way. 

I did this: 

1) I went to the HBO Max website and logged in via "login through provider", choosing Xfinity

2) I entered my xfinity user ID and Xfinity password

3) for some magical reason it then showed me my profile and boom, I was able to watch something on my laptop. I then went to my cell phone and tried to watch and boom, I was able to watch through my phone, then I tried on my Playstation and boom, it was finally letting me watch something. 

I have no clue what went wrong or how it got fixed but logging in through the website was apparently the key, because I had tried time and time again to do it through the app but it wouldn't work. Now when I went to the app and I checked my account billing detials, it no longer says subscription expired, now it says I have an active account!

Thank you again!

Juan 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had the same/similar issues and I just had to sign out and back in and everything worked fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

when i try to log in i have to use the login with provider option only and i cannot get to the hbo settings to set up a password. any ideas how to work around that? @Napp82 @Brenda802 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

In Aug we spent HOURS online with Xfinity regarding this problem. They said it was HBO's problem.  They gave us a phone number to call HBO in NY, their corporate offices.  No help there.  My husband found a phone number to contact HBO, they said it was Xfinity's problem.  We cancelled HBO out of frustration.  Today is the last day of the $11.99 a month for a year.  So we thought we would try again.  After 2 hours chatting with Xfinity online and via multiple call backs, we were about to cancel and just buy it from HBO directly.  As a last ditch effort, my husband rebooted his computer, and VOILA!  It is now working!  We had to reboot each device, but at long last we have a resolution.  Hope this helps!!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Had same problem takked to xfinity tech x 5 and the they said it was an hbo problem. I had no parental controls set. Jowever when i went to the xfi app if you scroll through you will find after a few clicks another parental controls section -for wifi im presuming- snd it was enabled on mine. I disabled and could then get hbo max through xfininty

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

What exactly did you disable that ended up working for you? Can’t seem to find what you are mentioning. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Check your xfinity home wifi parental controls. Disabling parental controls on xfinity wifi is what got the hbomax to work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The agent wasn't able to help me but I was able to fix it on my own.

You have to do it on the website, not any apps or anything that will open the app. Make sure you are logged out of HBO max on the browser as well. Go to xfinity, log into your account and search for HBO max. Once there, click on "Create HBO Account and Password". It will take you to "sign in through your cable provider", click on xfinity and it will automatically log you in to HBO Max. My billing went back to it being Billed Through Xfinity and worked on all the apps! Good Luck!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I have been in touch with both HBO-Max support and XFINITY since 12/28/20.  No one has provided a solution.  Curious if you ever got it working/ how it was fixed....

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Never got it working. Very frustrating to pay for this and not be able to use. Please post if you get an answer. Thanks!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here