Foolish47's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

HBOMax not compatible with older HBO bundle plans?

I have had HBO bundle since 2016. My monthly bill shows included HBOMax in the plan. I had access to HBOMax streaming until this morning. When I try to login to the HBOmax website or app (phone and tv) it says that my Xfinity subscription has expired. HBOMax will then ask me to link a subscription.  When I login with my Xfiinity account it brings me to a Xfinity.com page to add HBOMax to my plan. I even tried to add it to my account but it errors out and tells me I must call a 1-877 number for further assistance. 

I called tech support about the issue. The said it is due to the fact they no longer offer premium channels as a bundle and I need to redo my plan in order to access my content. All the plans are more expensive for less. 

Is anyone else having this problem with the service?  I wonder what the solution will be or will I no longer have access to the content I had last week.  Thank you for your time.

Foolish47_0-1598145119376.png

Foolish47_1-1598145224736.png

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Jessie,

Trust me, I verify that I still have HBO almost every day. LOL But YES, I followed the steps of @brenda800 and they worked for me! Thank you, Brenda!

My issue was that I did in fact add a new password already in HBO Max, but I added my new password on the app. It turns out it is critical that the new password is added on the HBO Max website, and not the app

So. 

1) I went to the HBO Max website and logged in via "login through provider", choosing Xfinity

2) I went into my account settings and put in my password that I had already created under Xfinity

3) I put in my Xfinity email as the email account, and I changed the password to a new password

4) I saved it

5) I logged out,  then clicked log in, and did NOT click the "login through provider" button

6) Instead, I put in my Xfinity email address, then used the new password that I had just created

These steps worked perfectly. I'm now logged in, my phone app updated automatically and is letting me stream videos, and all is right with the world. 🙂

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Anyone have problems signing in to hbo max app with xfinity account? I keep getting error that parental control setting do not allow me to view network. I don’t have parental controls set, I subscribe to hbo and it looks like it is logging me in with acct but on final step this error kicks out. Very frustrating!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I have not had any responses:(

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Did anyone answer this I am having the same issue

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I too had this same problem. You might try downloading a different web browser or updating your existing browser.
I was on a Mac using Firefox, which wouldn't let me sign in (I got the "unable to verify your account" message), so I decided to go to hbomax.com using Safari, the Mac's web browser.

This actually worked. Not only that, but I'm now able to simply hit hbomax.com within Firefox, and now I'm logged in while using Firefox.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I will try this! Thanks for the suggestion!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@Foolish47 I have the exact same problem. I switched over to using HBO Max at the end of July and it worked up until yesterday. When I tried to relink my subscription and sign-in through xfinity it says I need to add it to my plan. I tried calling support about it and they were clueless on the issue since they said I had HBO in my plan and kept trying to have me doing something with a remote or cable box.

I am just going to call and adjust my plan to internet only not include basic cable and save $30 bucks a month.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, I switched over to Internet only plan and will add HBO to my YouTube TV subscription which is the same price regardless if I get it from Xfinity or elsewhere. As part of my change I will have to replace the basic cable box I got back in 2016 that I never pulled out of the package.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I would watch out on those newer plans. They include less basic tv channels and they seperate hbo. For me it was gonna be $20 price increase to switch to a newer plan w/o hbo. I would then have to add hbo back to my account so $35 just to be where I was at yesterday. I'm frustrated.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

That sounds very similar to what I have going on. I'm will keep fighting the good fight.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having trouble logging into HBO Max on my computer. It works fine on our TV using the Xfinity Flex box, but whenever we try to log in online, it takes us to our Xfinity account page which says we need to purchase Xfinity. We've confirmed with multiple agents that we are indeed paying for HBO Max, but our computers and phone apps don't recognize it. I also can't make changes to my account online because the Xfinity site tells me that I "need some extra help completing my order," so I can't try to make my computer recognize HBO Max that way.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the exact same issue.  It was working fine.  No one at Xfinity or HBO Max can tell me what's going on.  Under Billing Information on hbomax.com, it says:

Your HBO Max subscription through Xfinity has expired.

...and if I try to re-link the subscription, I get sent to this page (after signing in to Xfinity):

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/hbo?lang=en&ui_style=dark

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

same, I am talking to an agent now and they dont seem to know what is happening.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here, (my plan is about 4 years old.) I use HBO Max app on PS4.

I contacted Xfinity, they assured me I still had HBO on my plan and told me to contact HBO.

So,

I contacted HBO they told me my subscription was expired. I showed them proof otherwise, they said they would submit a ticket.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Having the same trouble. It started yesterday morning for me. I was on chat with Xfinity support yesterday for 45min and they could not figure it out.

Some folks on another post also are having the same issue and said they called in yesterday. One of the technicians seemed to attribute it to their legacy bundle plan on their account. 

I called in today and my tech support agent thought it might be the same thing, that I'm on an old bundle. We ended up changing my plan to one of their new ones, so I'm now saving $50/mo with no loss of services and no contract.... but my HBO Max still does not work on any of our devices even on the new plan. It always pulls up an Xfinity page saying I need to add HBO Max to my plan, but attempting to add it just results in an error telling me to call Comcast support. 

My tech support agent is baffled and is going to look into it and call me back. 

I'm guessing this isn't account specific at all and there is some kind of disconnect in the API handshake between HBO and Xfinity. I asked my chat agent if they have test accounts on their side that they can use to try to duplicate the issue, but she said they do not.

If this is is systemwide, it could take a while to get fixed since they haven't even recognized it as an outage yet. Hopefully, it's resolved soon. We hardly ever watch TV through the Xfinity box anymore, just the apps and AppleTV. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here