Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2

The link doesn't work to where you show your interest in FS2.

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

I have complained about getting 1/2 of races on FS1 and being told to continue on FS2 to see the end.  A month or 2 ago, I happened to find FS2 had been turned on in my area (in time for 24 Hours of LeMans) ;-) but I failed to see any announcement telling about it but I now have it (in central Va) so don't give up, keep writing to them.  They moved at a snails pace but I eventually got it.  Hopefully it will be available in your area before long.

New Poster

1st your link doesn't work, so it would be impossible to follow your guidance.
2nd, as I stated, I've contacted your company multiple times, at least a dozen over the last couple years. Each time, only to be told sorry but to bad.
New Poster

@I_turn9,
Lucky.. I'll miss most of LeMans again.
I'm really starting to think it's time to drop Xfinity and go to DirecTV now
Contributor

Le Mans isn't on Fox Sports this year, it's on Velocity with no breaks...

Regular Contributor

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

Official Employee

@LaxMan wrote:

The link doesn't work to where you show your interest in FS2.

Apologies, I corrected that link. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@juneau730 wrote:
1st your link doesn't work, so it would be impossible to follow your guidance.
2nd, as I stated, I've contacted your company multiple times, at least a dozen over the last couple years. Each time, only to be told sorry but to bad.

Apologies, corrected link here and in original post: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Thanks for your interest. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

I really want FS2 ... other providers in my area have it. There is no other way to watch Australian Rules Football. Please consider adding this channel.
Regular Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

And the coverage was much better than any previous year, with commentators who actually know and follow the sport.
New Poster

Are u guys going to carry FS2 anytime soon
Regular Visitor

Here's the thing that comes across as lacking credibility.  Comcast is the largest cable TV provide in the US (and possibly the world).  You own NBC.  Your revenues are obscene.  And yet you talk about releasing a station in certain markets only as being a success.  Sorry, it is patently not.  If there is this much obvious demand for FS2, and you continue to ignore it, then you are completely discounting the desires of your over-charged customers (no wonder so many are cutting the cord). 

You apparently have a deal in place to air FS2 in many markets, so just use your undoubted financial might to provide the station in ALL markets, and in HD.  If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You are supposedly providing a service, and at no little cost.  Provide it!  I understand that Comcast is a for-profit organization, but it is also a service organization.  Service is bad.  Deal with it!

Frequent Visitor

Amen Brother!!! tell it like it is

Valued Contributor

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

Regular Contributor

@studolgon wrote:

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

In fact, Comcast makes money from the shopping networks.  They pay Comcast to be included.  I was told this helps offset the cost of the channels we actually want to see, thereby lowering our bill.

Frequent Visitor

I agree!!

Regular Contributor

Don't know where you live but here in Richmond, they turned on FS2 a few months ago.  I never saw an announcement, just found it when browsing the Guide.  But after years of watching the 1st half or more of a race on FS1 only to be told I had to go to FS2 to see the end.  If they did that with prime time programs or soap operas there would be riots in the street!  

After waiting for years before finally getting FS2 I had made the decision to switch to Dish and not only do I get FS1 and FS2, I save over $100/month!

Official Employee

Hi, all - 

Thank you for reaching out. Please submit your feedback here. You can also view your local lineup here after you log in. 

Frequent Visitor

Mann save your sympathy we are asking for FS2 for YEARS now and you guys totally ignore your customers whishes. Sad story I'll seriously thinking Direct TV

Official Employee

Hi, x__man. I understand it has been a request in some areas for a long while. We do hear you, we do appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. I do also recommend filling out the feedback form in the link that ComcastAlly provided, as we do examine our channel lineups often. Some content that is shown on FOX Sports 2 can also be found here: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/. I know it's not the same, but it is an option.

For any continued support/discussion on this topic that hasn't yet been addressed, please create a new thread. Thank you.

New Poster

FS2! Why doesn't Xfinity carry FS2 in our area? Women's World Cup Qualifying please!!

Hi,

Why does Xfinity not have FS2 in the Seattle area? Most of the US Women's World Cup Qualifying games are on that channel and it won't even allow me to stream FS2!!! Please add immediately! I fear that all of the Women's World Cup will be on this channel too.  

New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

I am sick and tired of hearing the Bay Area is going to get FS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the heck do I pay almost $300 a  month for???????  Get this freaking channel added!!!

New Poster

I agree.  Example, this coming weekend the final IMSA race of the year is starting on FS1 and then moving to FS2.  I won't be home to watch live so I'll miss it due to the fact that Comcast does not offer FS2 in the Chicago area.  There is a short broadcast of some portion of the race on Sunday AM on FS1, but not the same.  I am glad IMSA is moving to NBCSN next year and hopefully these split channel races will come to an end.  But the real cure is for Comcast to offer FS2 in the Chicago area.

Frequent Visitor

Not available in Arkansas either - we wil miss the entire Sat practising and qualifing for the Xfinity series!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----Not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

@ShadowLAP,

I assume you get FS1, but like most of us, not FS2.  I've been writing and talking to Comcast for several years now (go back ot the first few pages of this thread; now the longest in terms of volume and in terms of time span) and am just as P.O.'d at Comcast as anyone, yet I still pay almost $300.00/mo. for maybe five channels that I actually watch.  The rest, meh.  I do want a robust and fast internet service, and Comcast has the best, so it's "Please sir, may I have another" every month.

Regarding the Petite LeMans race this weekend; you'll be happy to know that FOX sports Go will carry the entire race, including the part that gets shuffled off to FS2, when they want to show a tractor pull on FS1.  Even if you don't have FS2, you can still watch the race in it's entirety.  

Most of the racing I watch now is through streaming packages and YouTube.  If you have a smart TV or FireStick or Apple TV, you can watch it on your big screen, just as you would if you got FS2.

Not much else to say, except to start looking at streaming packages that are offered by different race series.  Bathurst 1000 was a great race which I watched without commercial breaks from start to finish.

Official Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Fox Sports 2. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I'd also like to add to @markdartj's comment about streaming. Fox Sports 2 is one that can be streamed. Check out this list of  Available Networks to Live Stream In and Out of Home with Xfinity TV here. 

New Poster

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Official Employee

@ShadowLAP wrote:

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Your understanding  is correct, apologies for any confusion that we may have caused. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: https://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq?nav=false

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. Some channels may not yet be available for every TV provider or on every platform.

New Poster

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Official Employee

@ShadowLAP wrote:

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Understood. Your feedback and passion have been noted and shared with the right teams. 

Regular Contributor

Just to clear up any confusion, IMSA announced last week that we will be able to see the entire race (Petite Le Mans) streamed on Fox Sports Go, regardless of whether or not we are provided FS2 by Comcast. This is an exception to the normal situation where .unless you currently have FS2, you cannot stream programming on Fox Sports Go that is carried on FS2 .

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/news/092018/dont-get-fs2-you-can-still-watch

IMSA is throwing us a bone after years of FOX and Comcast not really caring whether or not we receive the channels we disire.

Frequent Visitor

Need Fox Sports 2 in Knoxville Tennessee!

Really need to get Fox Sports 2 in the Knoxville area for the love of me I can't understand why we can get Fox Sports 1 but not 2 that makes no sense! Been asking for years but nothing. Couldn't post in main thread for FS2
New Poster

Fox sports 2 NJ area

Hey Comcast when will you be adding Fox sports 2 to the new Jersey area. This is bull!!! With all the nonsense channels you offer why not offer one more channel that covers action sports. Couldn't even stream on Fox sports app bc it was blocked even though I signed in with my Xfinity account. So hey Xfinity what can we do to get this channel added to the lineup???????
New Poster

Re: FS2! Why doesn't Xfinity carry FS2 in our area? Women's World Cup Qualifying please!!

I just missed the Monster Energy Cup with Supercross. It is a big event and I don't agree with it not being shown on a major network so everyone can watch it. You would think that xFinity would have FS2 considering how much money they charge us monthly. I'm considering going back to Direct Tv.

Frequent Visitor

Re: FS2! Why doesn't Xfinity carry FS2 in our area? Women's World Cup Qualifying please!!

Ya I pay over $200 a month for internet, cable,and home phone and I just had to drive 35 minutes to my parents house to watch Monster Energy Cup Supercross because I dont get FS2 (but I get FS1...confusing). And while I was there watch about 5 ATV motocross races I had them DVR for me because I dont get MAV TV channel either. Considering my parents pay less than half of what I do with Direct TV and I'm upgraded to X1 Platform, I think Comcast should at minimum offer the channels Direct TV does.
Regular Contributor

So I'm all set up to watch the Petite Le Mans. Got my coffee. The first hour, so far so good. Second hour, a fricking college football game starts. IMSA lied. Either that or Comcast and Fox Sports lied to IMSA. Sorry to anyone who I told would be able to watch the race in it's entirety. I didn't know that we were being lied to. I guess that's just the way it is in todays modern discourse. I just went with what I was told.

New Poster

Fox Sports 2 to Jacksonville?

Are there any plans to bring FS2 to Jacksonville? I'm a big Australian Rules fan, yet FS2 is the main place they carry it alongside Fox Soccer Plus (which, you guessed it, if you don't get FS2, that won't come up either even with Fox Sports GO). Not to mention other big soccer matches I cover for a podcast get bumped to FS2. I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for some 15 years, so I would love for this to be rectified so I avoid shopping around and going elsewhere.
Contributor

I upped my plan to the Sports Package so I could get the various ESPN outlets to follow F1.  I went to FS2 that is on my cable system only to be told 'Not Authorized'.  Bull droppings!

Official Employee

@mmi16 wrote:

I upped my plan to the Sports Package so I could get the various ESPN outlets to follow F1.  I went to FS2 that is on my cable system only to be told 'Not Authorized'.  Bull droppings!

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

Fox Sports 2 is not included in the Sports Entertainment Package. Fox Sports 2 in your area (channel 279 and 1209) is available as a part of our Digital Preferred level of service. 

ESPNU and ESPNNews are included in either the Sports Entertainment package or Digital Preferred level of service. 

The channel lineup for your area is attached. Also, you can check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 to Jacksonville?

@superviewer wrote:
Are there any plans to bring FS2 to Jacksonville? I'm a big Australian Rules fan, yet FS2 is the main place they carry it alongside Fox Soccer Plus (which, you guessed it, if you don't get FS2, that won't come up either even with Fox Sports GO). Not to mention other big soccer matches I cover for a podcast get bumped to FS2. I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for some 15 years, so I would love for this to be rectified so I avoid shopping around and going elsewhere.

Apologies, we don't have any additional areas to announce just yet for Fox Sports 2.  I have shared your request and passion with the right teams here at Comcast.  

New Poster

So b/c I live in NJ I'm not able to get FS2? I most likely pay higher taxes than anyone else...what a crime. I'm moving.

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry you do not get FS2 in NJ. A day late and a dollar short, I opened my bill this month an found out that we are getting FS2 in standard def only. My first thought? Hooray? At LAST!!? No, none of those. It was "meh". 

You see, my interest in being able to receive FS2 was predicated on the fact I would be able to see more motorsports. Every year that the 24 hours of Daytona comes around, or the Le Mans 24 hours, Fox would show the first hour or two on FS1, or on their main broadcast affilliate. Then the rest of the race, on year including the finish, was bumped to FS2 so they could show a NCAA DIvision 20 game of tiddly winks on FS1. 

Fox is now getting out of the motorsports buisiness. Rumor has it that even NASCAR is on it's way out at FOX. Gone is the "Hollywood Hotel" travelling studio, bringing the insight of another set of hosts to each race. Now they'll be at a central location, like the talking heads during the football broadcasts. Word is that when the next contract is up for grabs, NASCAR will be looking for a single media company, probably NBC. 

So now, with FS2 available in December, I'll be able to watch a tractor pull from Cornville Iowa, or a pig race from anywhere in Oklahoma.

That leaves me here, after....I don't know how many posts I've made on this topic..for four years now, at a point where I really don't care any more. I now have more racing to watch than I can possibly keep up with, thanks to YouTube and series run streaming packages, and all this without commercial breaks. To all who still regret not being able to access FS2, keep up the good fight, there may be something you want to see on FS2; however as I've made clear, IMOHO.....You aren't missing anything.

Needless to say, this is my final word on the matter: "meh".

New Poster

I live in Lynchburg, VA now. I moved from Louisville. I have always had FS2 and now I don’t see it in my lineup. I don’t even remember ever having a problem not getting a channel with AT&T or TIME WARNER so why now? Come to think of it I don’t get ID either which is Investigative Discovery. When I go to the options page to add channels it’s not on any list. Please add this channel. I am huge UFC fan and I’m missing out. I shouldn’t have to go to a friends house to watch my favorite program. I will have to switch carriers soon.
Official Employee

@Akatsuki wrote:
I live in Lynchburg, VA now. I moved from Louisville. I have always had FS2 and now I don’t see it in my lineup. I don’t even remember ever having a problem not getting a channel with AT&T or TIME WARNER so why now? Come to think of it I don’t get ID either which is Investigative Discovery. When I go to the options page to add channels it’s not on any list. Please add this channel. I am huge UFC fan and I’m missing out. I shouldn’t have to go to a friends house to watch my favorite program. I will have to switch carriers soon.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

Fox Sports 2 in your area (channel 737 and 1209) is available as a part of our Digital Preferred level of service.

Investigation Discovery (ID) is also available in your area (channel 111 and in HD on channel 1444) as a part of our Digital Starter package. 

The channel lineup for your area is attached. Also, you can check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

Frequent Visitor

Couple quick questions for those of you who have acccess Fox Sports 2:

• Is it still in standard definition?
  • Do you have access to Fox Sports 2 content through the Fox Sports Go app and is it in HD?
Problem Solver

mnsportsgeek: I get FS2 in HD. It is available thru both Fox Sports GO and Fox Now iPhone apps. (Where it is also HD.) Those apps let you screen mirror to the TV with the HDMI adapter doodad unlike the Xfinity Streaming app.
Official Employee

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) being added in additional areas

Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in additional Comcast areas this month (listed below). Thanks for your patience. 

Arkansas
Little Rock, Eastern Arkansas

Connecticut
Bristol, Hartford, Bolton, Berlin, Branford, Danbury, Hamden, Norwich, New London, Seymour, Shelton, Waterbury  

Delaware
New Castle County 

Florida 

Panama City, Marianna, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Yulee, Alachua County, Lake City, Live Oak, Palataka, Welaka, Celebration, Debary,  Lake County, Marion County, Whisper Lakes,  Orlando, Tampa, Cape Coral, Cape Haze, Ft. Myers, Marco Island, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Venice 

Georgia
Brunswick, St.  Marys, Hinesville,  Metter,  Savannah

Illinois

Algonquin, Elgin, Champaign, Danville, Indianola, Chicago, Dekalb, Rochelle,  Cicero, Elmhurst, Evanston, Morton Grove, Homewood, McHenry, Lake Zurich, Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Skokie, Dixon, Kewanee, Ladd, Mendota, Princeton, Rockford, Sterling, Rock Falls, Bloomingron, Normal, Galesburg, Macomb, Pekin,  Peoria, Romeoville, Lincoln, Springfield, Highland Park, Waukegan, Aurora, Oswego, Lisle, Wheaton      

Indiana

Cayuga, Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Griffith, South Bend, Leporte, Portage, Valparaiso, Hammond, Rochester, Warsaw, Franklin 

Kentucky

Franklin, Fort Campbell 

Maryland
Washington County 

Massachusetts
Springfield, Amherst, Warren, Westfield

Michigan

Benton Harbor, Niles, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids 

New Hampshire

Most all areas

New Jersey
Most all areas

New York
Carmel, Heritage Hills 

Ohio

St. Clairsville, Steubenville, Irondale, Columbiana, Mahoning County, Columbiana County, East Liverpool

Pennsylvania
Most all areas

Tennessee
Bulls Gap, Knoxille, Tri-Cities, Fairfield, Greenville, Oak Ridge, Memphis, Carthage, Harts, Lafayette, Franklin County, Nashville, Smithville 

Vermont
Most all areas

Virginia 

Galax, Glade Spring  

West Virginia
Weirton, Wheeling, Chester 

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.