Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Don't put anything past Comcast, they have the absolute worst customer service, they nickel and dime you for everything, and they blatantly exclude channels as they conflict with their own agendas. In this case, BEiN not in HD and no FS2 is solely bc of NBC's investment into the EPL and those 2 channels play sports that would conflict with their ratings for those EPL games.

I've always said: the best way to win the war on drugs is to legalize them all, but require that all sales be purchased through Comcast Customer Support.

I'm not sure about you, but as soon as Google Fiber gets to my neighborhood I am off Comcast and never coming back. I currently have no other option, other than satellite which I'm not doing, so Comcast is currently the necessary evil =/

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: FS2

We don't know where you live, so we don't know.  Many of the Comcast systems don't carry FS2.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

EPL

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Yes I agree that it is well past time for Comcast to offer fox Sports 2. I pay alot of money every month for probably 200 channels are full of garbage. I am also a huge soccer fan who would appreciate the games covered in Fox Sports 2.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just got my dish hooked up yesterday and wow FS2 in HD, beIN Sports in HD, about 40 or more sports channels from around the country in HD. I can use beIN connect, watch FS2 on fox sports go as well, watch the NFL network on the NFL app, I could go on... Wow what a difference. The only way to tell comcast that we've had enough is to cancel your service. So far I'm loving it!
Highlighted
New Poster

Please add fox sports 2 in Colorado! There are so many great European champions league games that fans are being deprived of. Tomorrow I will miss Bayern vs Juventus. Please settle this and add Fox Sports 2 and give the fans and paying subscribers what they deserve!!
Highlighted
New Poster

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@EmpireITtech wrote:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

I would also like to see Fox Sports 2 added.

I remember back when Comcast customer service reps would take requests for channels that you wanted to see added. And some of those channels were added as a result of those requests. At least you felt that you were being heard. Now, Comcast gives you permission to take your money and subscribe to whatever other TV service is available so that you can get the channels you'd like to have. Which is a shame, not to mention contradictory, given all the media reporting of poor customer service ratings due to Comcast not paying attention to what the customers want.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:

Well, here's a new one.  I just got off the phone with somebody (I'm bad with names) from the Comcast Executive offices.  While contacting them for a recurring problem with watching my recorded programs, I also expressed my extreme dissatisfaction that Comcast doesn't carry FOX SPORTS 2, along with MAV TV and Universal Sports.  His reply was that "cable companies are contractually not allowed to carry FS2".  Wow,  did that ever come out of left field.  You would have thought that if this were indeed the case, something would have been said about it, say maybe two and a half years ago?  Comcast Teds never said as much; he just blathers on about "How it has to make sense for all the parties involoved" (He refers to Fox Sports and Comcast, but are we not one of the "parties involved" too?  After all, we are the ones footing the bill).  So is this just another excuse for Comcast not bothering to listen to it's customers, or is this actually the truth?   Does Time Warner have FS2?  How about Charter Cable?  Anyone out there know?  Why would Fox not want more people to access their product?

Apologies for any misinformation that you may have been given.

Comcast does not currently have an agreement to distribute Fox Sports 2 in additional markets on any level of service , including as a stand-alone single channel or part of a sports package.

I know that our programming teams speak with and meet with Fox regularly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

what is the channel for fox sports 2

what is the channel for fox sports 2 

Highlighted
New Poster

fox sports 2 channel

what is the fox sports 2 channel

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

You didn't share your location, but there are many Comcast area's that don't carry FS2.

If your area has it, then it should show up on the guide on your TV.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Well, Mr. Ted,  Your teams are failing miserably

Highlighted
New Poster

FS2

what channel is FS2? Do we get it?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

Well, Mr. Ted,  Your teams are failing miserably

Your assuming "incorrectly" that these "teams" are even attempting to do anything!

Highlighted
New Poster

wish they would add MAVTV also.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok, Mr. Teds,  Here's one for you.  In all your "explainations" (excuses) on why we still do not have FS2, You've mentioned price.  Youv'e said it has to "make sense for all the parties involved" (although you've seemed to forget about the most important party; your customers).  You've asked us to contact Fox Sports to ask them why we don't have FS2.  Some of your marketing exectives have even LIED to me.  You've even gone as far as to recommend that we find another servivce and leave Comcast/Xfinity (Not an option for me).

I've done due dilligence.  I have contacted FOX regarding your impasse.  They of course say it's up to you.  Your talk of making sense just doesn't make sence in light of the current situation.  Why would Fox not want the maximum amount of viewers watching their product?  It's the same way you treat your customers.  You've set a price, and if we don't want to pay that price, we don't get Comcast.  Despite all your obfuscation and lies, the decision does indeed rest with Comcast.  Just pay their price.  Like everyone has to.  You don't have to nickle and dime them down.  

So my main question is this:  Why, after three years,  thousands of unhappy customers, and people leaving Comcast, has Comcast never asked the customers directly "Would you like to have Fox Sports 2 even if your bill went up (?) dollars?"  That would be an action that you could actually market.  Your advertising could say "Here at Comcast, we listen to our Customers", rather than the current business model where you just dump a bunch of garbage channels on us to justify the rather high price on your product.  You don't even have "the most sports".  That's a lie, since a lot of the sports we want to see are on FS2 or Mav TV.  (I guess, if what I've heard is correct, Universal Sports in no longer around).  

GIve us some input, instead of just providing these forums for people to vent.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree with all the complainers that Comcast should give us the option to "pay more" for Fox Sports 2 and BeIn Sports in HD.  Don't just not offer it, offer it under a sports package that we have to pay a certain amount for.  If people want it, they will pay for it and Comcast will have happier customers.  Seems like a pretty easy fix here.  Am I wrong?

Highlighted
Contributor

New customer here. I must say that I am extremly surprised to not to see FS2 in Comcast's lineup. I do not know of any other provider who is not offering this channel. (at least in my area)

I thought my previous provider was bad, but now that I compare the programming choices between the 2 providers I start to regret my decision.

Highlighted
New Poster

tv channel

how to receive FS2 channel.Thanks.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: tv channel

Comcast currently doesn't carry Fox Sports 2.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

New customer here. I must say that I am extremly surprised to not to see FS2 in Comcast's lineup. I do not know of any other provider who is not offering this channel. (at least in my area)

I thought my previous provider was bad, but now that I compare the programming choices between the 2 providers I start to regret my decision.

Welcome! If you have time, take a scroll through this thread (I think it's the longest of the "Channels and Programming" threads so far). You'll find that people have been signed up by being told that yes, Comcast carries FS2 (clever devils -- it's Xfinity who doesn't carry it, ha ha). You'll find that Comcast (or Xfinity) executives have stated that you are welcome to take your business elsewhere if they don't have a channel that you want (as opposed to years ago, when Comcast did take channel requests and honored them). And you'll find at least one posting where a new customer was told by Comcast customer service that no cable provider carries FS2 -- which is obviously not true. Something for everybody.....except Fox Sports 2.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: FS2

@VG60 wrote:

what channel is FS2? Do we get it?

We don't. Unless your cable company was taken over by Comcast/Xfinity and already carried it -- then it's grandfathered in. This thread will tell you all you need to know.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Welcome to Comcast.  I'm sorry you made the decision to use them, since they have been a source of frustration over the years.  If you read back on this particular thread, you'll see that despite their promise in their big announcement "Get ready for Fox Sports 1 and 2", we still don't have Fox Sports 2.  Fox themselves do not make this any easier, by scheduling programming we want to see on FS2, despite the fact that it has very few viewers.  But if you are watching a big race, say the Le Mans 24 hours, you'll find that most of the programming is on FS2.  Fox is doing this deliberately to manipulate us into pressuring Comcast to accept their terms, which from what I understand is to make FS2 a first tier (basic) offering, thereby charging Comcast for the maximum amount of customers.  You'll see in this thread, that Teds, Comcast's representative, will make all kinds of excuses, but the decision whether or not to carry FS2 ultimately rests with COMCAST.  And as you have also seen, despite many unhappy customers, they just don't care.  Teds has even suggested that if you are not happy with their service, find another provider.  Unfortunately, that is not an option where I live.  Sounds like you have other options, and if you want FS2 or MavTV or Bein Sports HD, I would look into those options.  Hopefully you have'nt signed a two year agreement.  A few of us are keeping the pressure on COMCAST, but it really is a futile fight.  COMCAST doesn't provide the "most sports"; and COMCAST really doesn't care about it's customers.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Markdartj, you are completely correct.  It is the fault of BOTH Comcast and Fox that FS2 is not available for most Comcast customers.  Your description of the manipulation of customers to apply pressure is spot on.  However, it's a shame that the event's organizers ALLOW Fox to place their product on FS2, where there are currently very few viewers.  In other words, Soccer, Nascar, etc. should be complaining to Fox about putting their events on a channel where very few of their fans can actually watch.  But that is where the shrewdness of Fox comes in.  Fox writes the check to Nascar, Soccer, etc. to carry their events.  As long as those organizations get the check they want, what do they care.  Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2.  So Fox will continue to write those big checks to the sports organizations, betting that in the long run, it will pay off.  Fox has a long term business plan to match what ESPN has created, ESPN1, ESPN2, ESPN NEWS, etc.  ESPN has become an enormously profitable entity and Fox is trying to copy that.  In the midst of all this big business, who loses....of course it's the fans of all these sporting events that are being carried on FS2.  For me as a Nascar fan, Nascar is already in a years long downward spiral of television ratings.  I'm to the point, if they put a Nascar event on FS2, oh well, I will just find something else to do.  So this is only hurting the sports organizations, as Fox and Comcast battle it out.   But in the end, make no mistake about what is going on.  We, the television viewers are simply the pawns on a business chess board and that chess board is being controlled by Fox and Comcast.  One (Fox) is using us to apply pressure on Comcast and the other (Comcast) is betting that they can keep the customers without caving in to Fox's financial demands.  I, for one, am tired of being played.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@DennisMPrice wrote:

Markdartj, you are completely correct.  It is the fault of BOTH Comcast and Fox that FS2 is not available for most Comcast customers.  Your description of the manipulation of customers to apply pressure is spot on.  However, it's a shame that the event's organizers ALLOW Fox to place their product on FS2, where there are currently very few viewers.  In other words, Soccer, Nascar, etc. should be complaining to Fox about putting their events on a channel where very few of their fans can actually watch.  But that is where the shrewdness of Fox comes in.  Fox writes the check to Nascar, Soccer, etc. to carry their events.  As long as those organizations get the check they want, what do they care.  Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2.  So Fox will continue to write those big checks to the sports organizations, betting that in the long run, it will pay off.  Fox has a long term business plan to match what ESPN has created, ESPN1, ESPN2, ESPN NEWS, etc.  ESPN has become an enormously profitable entity and Fox is trying to copy that.  In the midst of all this big business, who loses....of course it's the fans of all these sporting events that are being carried on FS2.  For me as a Nascar fan, Nascar is already in a years long downward spiral of television ratings.  I'm to the point, if they put a Nascar event on FS2, oh well, I will just find something else to do.  So this is only hurting the sports organizations, as Fox and Comcast battle it out.   But in the end, make no mistake about what is going on.  We, the television viewers are simply the pawns on a business chess board and that chess board is being controlled by Fox and Comcast.  One (Fox) is using us to apply pressure on Comcast and the other (Comcast) is betting that they can keep the customers without caving in to Fox's financial demands.  I, for one, am tired of being played.  

Dennis,

This might be incorrect: "Fox is making a business investment, betting that, eventually, the cable companies will cave and carry FS2."

I'm lead to believe the word "companies" might be incorrect. I think there is only (1) cable provider that refuses to make FS2 available to its customers, Comcast? The same company that has come in dead last in customer satisfaction ratings for at least the past (3) years.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have started to tweet my displeasure to the studio team.  It gives me the illusion that it could make a difference.  Example: 

warrenbarton2 EricWynalda AlexiLalas Are you bothered that when you blab on FS2 you blab to virtually no one? nofs2comcast FOXsnubsfans

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Not quite true. They blab to everyone EXCEPT Comcast subscribers!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Right, but Comcast probably has far more subscribers than DirectTV.  Yes, that's a guess.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ctstreetrodder, you may be correct that Comcast is the only cable company refusing to carry FS2.  Unfortunately in my area, Comcast is the ONLY cable company to choose from.  However, the points in my previous post remain the same.  According to a tracking company (Broadband Now), Comcast is by far the LARGEST cable company in the United States.  Comcast currently covers 41 states, with over 109 Million in population.  The next largest cable company is Time Warner and they only cover 29 states, with 65 Million in population.  So with Comcast NOT carrying FS2, it is a massive number of people who are affected.  Therefore, the points I made in my previous post.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re:  This weekend's NASCAR race from Las Vegas -- XFINITY Series qualifying will air on the channel that XFINITY doesn't carry.  Yes, Comcast, we know.....it's all Fox Sports's fault.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Exactly--The "Talking Heads" are just flapping their gums and wagging their prodigious heads at no one in particular.  In the meantime I can watch CONCACAF Champions League 2nd leg matches on UNIDH and GALAH--in Spanish.  If I want English, it's streaming on Fox Soccer 2 Go.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Highlighted
Contributor

I know, I would love to see it. This has been going on for better than two to three years. I believe Comcast will never add FoxSports 2. I also believe Donald Trump will be the next president. Hey, I can dream can't I?

@jefflange wrote:

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Not trying to do a plug for direct TV but it addition to having beIN in HD and FS2 in HD. They also have 5 dedicated EPL HD channels. You can see from the picture of what's on my DVR that I was able to record all 5 EPL games yesterday and today.
IMAG0517.jpg
Highlighted
Contributor

I cancelled my Comcast cable package due to the lack of FS2HD, BeIN HD, Fox Soccer Plus, Premier League Extra Time, or GolTV. Living in an apartment, I lack exclusive space I can install a dish (though I wish I could and in awe of the screenshot above).

Instead I've resulted to Sling TV with the Sports Pack for ESPN and BeIN HD ($25 a month), Fox Soccer Plus on PSVue ($12.99 a month with Playstation Plus), and using Fox Sports Go and NBC sports live extra. 

I have no problems with paying for the content I want, but Comcast refuses to offer said content so for now I'm voting with my dollars and going elsewhere for my sports entertainment. Looking forward to trying out the DirecTV streaming package that is rumored to be coming soon. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Good on you.  I am considering my options as well.  For racing, I buy streaming packages to watch V-8 Supercars (just finished watching the first race of the year, live, w/o commercial interruptions; and not that edited-to-fit-in-a-half-an-hour BS that you get watching on cable)

I do the same for WEC, and use a VPN to watch BBC and ITV coverage (essential when the Isle of Man TT comes around in June)  IMSA can be viewed on their website, also commercial free, and also live.  W/airplay, I can use the television instead of watching the race on my laptop.  For big ones, like the Rolex 24 at Daytona, 12 hours of Bathurst, Sebring, and LeMans, I can also listen in my car if I have to run an errand.  If I did cut the cord, the thing I'd miss the most is soccer, baseball, and football.  

All that being said, you need a fast internet connection to watch this stuff, and Comcast does have the quickest, at least where I live.  The problem is if I cancell my TV service, and just pay for Internet, then they jack the cost way up, so I end up paying them anyway.

You can get NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA if you don't have a cable or satellite subscription?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, FS2 missing from the channel lineup has been an ongoing topic in this forum.  Comcast has turned a deaf ear to it's many users who have asked for FS2.  I am at the end of my two year contract and am going to contact Customer Service directly.  I can go back to Verizon and get FS2 for about the same money.  Keep posting up here and maybe, perhaps someone from Comcast will take notice.  To make things worse, if you sign up at fox sports go using your comcast e-mail address, you can only see FS1 and not FS2 there - contracts and deals which do not benefit the customer.  I know we racing fans are a minority, but please? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Same with MAVTV.  Deaf ears.  We can be ignored for only so long  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: what is the channel for fox sports 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Not available - THANKS (for nada) Comcast.  There are several threads requesting FS2.  No response, no rationale - no FS2.  Deaf ears I suppose.  sorry to burst your bubble.  Was just researching the Amazon Fire and it can run Fox Sports Go.  however The app, just like the website, requires you to login via your cable provider.  I can't get FS2 on the computer, only FS1, so the app would be the same.  comcast doesn't have a deal with Fox for FS2.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still waiting - LOL.  Maybe I'll blow up this forum topic every couple days with the same post.  Missed most of the Daytona endurance rance.  Gonna miss all of Formula E apparently, Some of the MotoGP racing will be on FS2 I suspect. - Sheesh.  How about it Comcast???? Will ANYONE respond to your many, many customers who miss MAV and FS2?  Just filed complaint with FCC and dropped a comment into the FOX sports in basket.  And, oh by the way, FS2 is shown as being part of the Digital preferred package here (there's a check box) but not the big premium package.  Deceptive or False?  A mistake or intentional????  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You need to use this link if you want any kind of response. But all you can doi is gripe they still won't add it.
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

I did it and got a quick reply and believe me they have to when it's a FCC problem.
Hopefully more customers will do the same because this forum only gets so far, i.e. ComcastTeds
Highlighted
Contributor

Not sure how much of a difference it will make, but I just filed a complaint with the FCC too.

Mike

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Denztoi wrote:
Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????

Apologies. The most recent update is posted on the previous page from early February, post #1413.

There is no additional update to provide as of yet.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Adding 2 services

I would like you add the FoxSports 2 and ESPN3 into my channel. How much money do you charge it for this service monthly? Thanks in advance for answering.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Adding 2 services

Good luck with that I pay 170 for Internet and tv no special package no hbo or anything like that better off going to verizon
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Triple bundle Latino 3650 homephone internet 105 Bein sports HD ESPN deportes hd fox deportes HD starz HBO showtime DVR $175
Highlighted
Contributor

Just checked the NASCAR schedule for today.....

Imagine that!!  Final XFINITY series practice AND Sprint Cup Qualifying are both on Fox Sports 2.

Thanks once again for nothing, Comcast.

it just boggles the mind to think Xfinity sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet doesn't offer coverage for its customers.  It's no wonder Comcast has the lowest ratings for Customer Support in the industry.

Mike

Highlighted
New Poster

FoxSports2

I find it very sad that I've had the XFINITY X1 Platform for quite a while, and don't have access to Fox Sports 2. It is carried by all Satellite Netwoks as well as Comcast in other markets not far from me. I've requested answers numerous times with no resolutions nor explanations. I pay over $200 per month for this "premium" service. I'm a NASCAR Fan and FS1 switches to FS2 several times per season. Since XFINITY sponsers one of the series' segments, shouldn't it be offered to those of us who pay the bills? If this matter isn't resolved relatively soon, I'll be switching to Direct TV.