Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

@ShadowLAP wrote:

Is there a reason Illinois is not listed?  I am in the 60462 zip code and we do not have FS2.  

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in this area in the near term.

Additional background information from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I see that NH Is listed but I don't see FS2 on my guide but when I do the channel finder it says Channel 177 for me but 177 isn't shown, I livein Charlestown, NH

Highlighted
New Poster

Why is FOX Sports 2 not being offered in Pennsylvania?

Please do not give me the bull line about cost per subscribers. You recently jacked up your broadcast and sports fees. The multi-dollar increase on both of those should be enough to cover FS2 here in Pennsylvania.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/

Not good enough for Philadelphia area, tired of having to find a VERIZON customer to watch the shows.

Maybe next year we'll get into the 20th Century!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2

Are we getting FS2 in Longmeadow MA any time soon? and will beinsports be in real HD any time soon? Final question, why do we have duplicated channels with higher numbers? are those broadcast in 1080p or what is the difference?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

any news in central california you recently announced a multi dollar increase in Broadcast and sports fee this increase in this area should be more than enough for FS2 I pay over 200 dollars I'm sure you could make the channel availble come on.....make it happen I love comcast it's comcastic. and you recently removed Big ten network in our area so It would be nice to add this channel.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@cmv-kv wrote:

Are we getting FS2 in Longmeadow MA any time soon? and will beinsports be in real HD any time soon? Final question, why do we have duplicated channels with higher numbers? are those broadcast in 1080p or what is the difference?

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in this area in the near term.

Additional background information from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest.

Duplicate "mirrored" channels (like having HGTV HD on two separate channels in the channel lineup) do not take up additional bandwidth (channel space). 

The multiple channel locations are simply presented as an optional channel entry points for our customers. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Pharrell2 wrote:

any news in central california you recently announced a multi dollar increase in Broadcast and sports fee this increase in this area should be more than enough for FS2 I pay over 200 dollars I'm sure you could make the channel availble come on.....make it happen I love comcast it's comcastic. and you recently removed Big ten network in our area so It would be nice to add this channel.

The broadcast fee and sports fee changes are due directly to changes in those fees from the local broadcast channels and regional sports networks.

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill    

Recent articles below for background: 

NY Business Journal 5/3/18:The escalation of sports-rights fees can be traced to a 2008 ESPN deal

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2018/05/03/escalation-of-sports-rights-fees-traced-to-espn....

Excerpted from the NY Business Journal article: TV network executives have complained about the ever-escalating state of sports rights since the 1970s. But the dizzying growth of sports rights fees has been the dominant sports media storyline over the past 20 years.

Media Post 5/7/2018: Retrans Fees Often Blamed For TV Blackouts
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/318862/retrans-fees-often-blamed-for-tv-blackouts.htm...

Excerpted from the Media Post article: "Who is at fault? Pay TV providers blame TV stations; TV stations blame TV providers. Bottom line: According to local media advisory, BIA/Kelsey, retransmission revenues continue to climb -- they are now at $8.44 billion" .

Additional background information on FS2 from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest. Thanks for sharing your passion. 

Highlighted
Contributor

First, my Thanks to Comcast/Xfinity for getting us FS2. I would wish for HD broadcast of this channel. I know, Comcast/Xfinity can only do so much.
Highlighted
New Poster

What about California....  ?????

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

All of the NASCAR schedule for this Friday is on FS2.  Thanks for nothing Comcast.  I was stupid to sign a contract.  Next year I will be done with you!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Why can we not get Fox Sports 2 in a third of our state but you can in the other 2 thirds.

Delaware
Highlighted
Official Employee

@JimmyEssential wrote:
Why can we not get Fox Sports 2 in a third of our state but you can in the other 2 thirds.

Delaware

Not a great reason, but one difference is that your area of Delaware in New Castle County is part of the Philadelphia TV market where Sussex County, DE is part of the Salisbury TV market. 

Sometimes channel additions are done by TV market, not by state.     

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

But still not in Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@JackBookout wrote:

But still not in Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or in South Jersey or in SE Pa., which is where Comcast is headquartered.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'd like to know why Xfinity/Comcast has chosen to continually ignore the request for FS2 in the Arizona market?  I have called them, as well as done the "Ask Tom" a question, dozens of times.  I've never received an answer

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@JimmyEssential wrote:

Delaware

Not a great reason, but one difference is that your area of Delaware in New Castle County is part of the Philadelphia TV market where Sussex County, DE is part of the Salisbury TV market. 

Sometimes channel additions are done by TV market, not by state.     

Well that makes sort of sense then. So I guess no one in New Castle County (where I live) is requesting for this channel or the demand is not there. Which then makes no point for anyone in the New Castle County / Philadelphia TV market to call or use the "request to add channel" link since the requesters in this particular area is a vocal minority then. Although I find it incredibly odd that FS2 channel is readily available on Comcast's competitors in this county such as Dish, DirecTV, and Verizon but not Comcast.

This is a prime example cable and satellite customers are going to have to accept. In this case, if the channel isn't high in demand in a particular area. Comcast will not negotiate for that particular channel. Also to keep in mind  21st Century Fox (owner of FS2) probably doesn't bother or force negotiation for Fox Sports 2 with Comcast since they are probably asking for too much which Comcast doesn't want to pay.

BUT rest assure those that post in this thread and don't know, Rupert Murdoch is selling his Fox movie studio, Sky (UK TV provider) and some of his other cable networks to either Disney or Comcast. He WILL be keeping the Fox Broadcasting Network, Fox News Channel, FS1, FS2 and some other networks under a new company probably called "New Fox".

I'm sure when that transaction with Disney or Comcast is complete. Rupert Murdoch's new Fox company will negotiate for FS2 (Fox Sports 2) to be available on Comcast lineup and coverage throughout the United States. Not sure which tier or package it will be on but we will get it.

Don't stress it folks. I gave up a long time ago as an avid soccer fan. No one on this forum can do anything to get this channel at the moment if the demand isn't there. Remember we forum posters are a small minority compared to the average Xfinity customer who probably don't even know these forums exist.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @juneau730,

We’re always evaluating the content and channels we offer customers, so Fox Sports 2 may be available in HD in the future. To submit your interest in Fox Sports2, please visit the link below: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The link doesn't work to where you show your interest in FS2.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

I have complained about getting 1/2 of races on FS1 and being told to continue on FS2 to see the end.  A month or 2 ago, I happened to find FS2 had been turned on in my area (in time for 24 Hours of LeMans) 😉 but I failed to see any announcement telling about it but I now have it (in central Va) so don't give up, keep writing to them.  They moved at a snails pace but I eventually got it.  Hopefully it will be available in your area before long.

Highlighted
New Poster

1st your link doesn't work, so it would be impossible to follow your guidance.
2nd, as I stated, I've contacted your company multiple times, at least a dozen over the last couple years. Each time, only to be told sorry but to bad.
Highlighted
New Poster

@I_turn9,
Lucky.. I'll miss most of LeMans again.
I'm really starting to think it's time to drop Xfinity and go to DirecTV now
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Le Mans isn't on Fox Sports this year, it's on Velocity with no breaks...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@LaxMan wrote:

The link doesn't work to where you show your interest in FS2.

Apologies, I corrected that link. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Highlighted
Official Employee

@juneau730 wrote:
1st your link doesn't work, so it would be impossible to follow your guidance.
2nd, as I stated, I've contacted your company multiple times, at least a dozen over the last couple years. Each time, only to be told sorry but to bad.

Apologies, corrected link here and in original post: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Thanks for your interest. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

I really want FS2 ... other providers in my area have it. There is no other way to watch Australian Rules Football. Please consider adding this channel.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

And the coverage was much better than any previous year, with commentators who actually know and follow the sport.
Highlighted
New Poster

Are u guys going to carry FS2 anytime soon
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Here's the thing that comes across as lacking credibility.  Comcast is the largest cable TV provide in the US (and possibly the world).  You own NBC.  Your revenues are obscene.  And yet you talk about releasing a station in certain markets only as being a success.  Sorry, it is patently not.  If there is this much obvious demand for FS2, and you continue to ignore it, then you are completely discounting the desires of your over-charged customers (no wonder so many are cutting the cord). 

You apparently have a deal in place to air FS2 in many markets, so just use your undoubted financial might to provide the station in ALL markets, and in HD.  If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You are supposedly providing a service, and at no little cost.  Provide it!  I understand that Comcast is a for-profit organization, but it is also a service organization.  Service is bad.  Deal with it!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Amen Brother!!! tell it like it is

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@studolgon wrote:

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

In fact, Comcast makes money from the shopping networks.  They pay Comcast to be included.  I was told this helps offset the cost of the channels we actually want to see, thereby lowering our bill.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I agree!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Don't know where you live but here in Richmond, they turned on FS2 a few months ago.  I never saw an announcement, just found it when browsing the Guide.  But after years of watching the 1st half or more of a race on FS1 only to be told I had to go to FS2 to see the end.  If they did that with prime time programs or soap operas there would be riots in the street!  

After waiting for years before finally getting FS2 I had made the decision to switch to Dish and not only do I get FS1 and FS2, I save over $100/month!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, all - 

Thank you for reaching out. Please submit your feedback here. You can also view your local lineup here after you log in. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mann save your sympathy we are asking for FS2 for YEARS now and you guys totally ignore your customers whishes. Sad story I'll seriously thinking Direct TV

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, x__man. I understand it has been a request in some areas for a long while. We do hear you, we do appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. I do also recommend filling out the feedback form in the link that ComcastAlly provided, as we do examine our channel lineups often. Some content that is shown on FOX Sports 2 can also be found here: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/. I know it's not the same, but it is an option.

For any continued support/discussion on this topic that hasn't yet been addressed, please create a new thread. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

FS2! Why doesn't Xfinity carry FS2 in our area? Women's World Cup Qualifying please!!

Hi,

Why does Xfinity not have FS2 in the Seattle area? Most of the US Women's World Cup Qualifying games are on that channel and it won't even allow me to stream FS2!!! Please add immediately! I fear that all of the Women's World Cup will be on this channel too.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

I am sick and tired of hearing the Bay Area is going to get FS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the heck do I pay almost $300 a  month for???????  Get this freaking channel added!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree.  Example, this coming weekend the final IMSA race of the year is starting on FS1 and then moving to FS2.  I won't be home to watch live so I'll miss it due to the fact that Comcast does not offer FS2 in the Chicago area.  There is a short broadcast of some portion of the race on Sunday AM on FS1, but not the same.  I am glad IMSA is moving to NBCSN next year and hopefully these split channel races will come to an end.  But the real cure is for Comcast to offer FS2 in the Chicago area.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Not available in Arkansas either - we wil miss the entire Sat practising and qualifing for the Xfinity series!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----Not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ShadowLAP,

I assume you get FS1, but like most of us, not FS2.  I've been writing and talking to Comcast for several years now (go back ot the first few pages of this thread; now the longest in terms of volume and in terms of time span) and am just as P.O.'d at Comcast as anyone, yet I still pay almost $300.00/mo. for maybe five channels that I actually watch.  The rest, meh.  I do want a robust and fast internet service, and Comcast has the best, so it's "Please sir, may I have another" every month.

Regarding the Petite LeMans race this weekend; you'll be happy to know that FOX sports Go will carry the entire race, including the part that gets shuffled off to FS2, when they want to show a tractor pull on FS1.  Even if you don't have FS2, you can still watch the race in it's entirety.  

Most of the racing I watch now is through streaming packages and YouTube.  If you have a smart TV or FireStick or Apple TV, you can watch it on your big screen, just as you would if you got FS2.

Not much else to say, except to start looking at streaming packages that are offered by different race series.  Bathurst 1000 was a great race which I watched without commercial breaks from start to finish.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Fox Sports 2. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I'd also like to add to @markdartj's comment about streaming. Fox Sports 2 is one that can be streamed. Check out this list of  Available Networks to Live Stream In and Out of Home with Xfinity TV here. 

Highlighted
New Poster

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@ShadowLAP wrote:

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Your understanding  is correct, apologies for any confusion that we may have caused. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: https://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq?nav=false

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. Some channels may not yet be available for every TV provider or on every platform.

Highlighted
New Poster

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@ShadowLAP wrote:

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Understood. Your feedback and passion have been noted and shared with the right teams. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just to clear up any confusion, IMSA announced last week that we will be able to see the entire race (Petite Le Mans) streamed on Fox Sports Go, regardless of whether or not we are provided FS2 by Comcast. This is an exception to the normal situation where .unless you currently have FS2, you cannot stream programming on Fox Sports Go that is carried on FS2 .

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/news/092018/dont-get-fs2-you-can-still-watch

IMSA is throwing us a bone after years of FOX and Comcast not really caring whether or not we receive the channels we disire.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Need Fox Sports 2 in Knoxville Tennessee!

Really need to get Fox Sports 2 in the Knoxville area for the love of me I can't understand why we can get Fox Sports 1 but not 2 that makes no sense! Been asking for years but nothing. Couldn't post in main thread for FS2