Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2????

You say FS2 is available in limited areas, where are those areas?
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FS2??

How long does it take comcast to negotiate with fox to get FS2? All the money their subscribers pay and they can't even GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT. I really want this channel and don't understand why I have to go to a friends house to watch dish.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

I live in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area zipcode 33326 and I got Fox Sports 2 on channel 741.  It finally happened.  I have the X1 system with Digital Preferred with no extras.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

X1.

X1.

X1.

I thought I might start by typing X1 one thousand times; of course, in honor of the One Thousand Day Anniversary of this thread (actually, the official date was a while back). Lots and lots has gone on in the world over the past one thousand days, but, one thing remains constant, I still do not have Fox Sports 2. And, I still do not have beIN Sports HD. I keep throwing $XXX per month at the Xfunnies, and nothing. Comcast did achieve a modest amount of success by "allowing" us to view beIN Sports en Espanol HD. Geez, I bet ComcastXYZ (fill in the blank) got tired from patting themselves on the back once they announced that the beIN Sports en Espanol HD was coming to town.

When you have egos involved that are the size of the companies they represent, the phrase "heck, let's just do it" will never be heard from a decision-making room so very far up there in the Custerdome. Oh, I know, I am just one of the low-information-hayseeds that doesn't understand big business, a.k.a., the Art of the Deal. You know what? Maybe that's a good thing.

Sorry to cut this short, but I have to get ready for my beloved Arsenal in the UEFA Champions League. Oh, wait...hmmm...it's on Fox Sports 2. Good thing I have a subscription to FoxSoccer2Go. Unfortunately, I will have to connect to a reasonably reliable wi-fi connection down at the local coffee shop; for the most part, streaming anything on my Xflop network just leads to more sorrow. I know...it's Fox's fault.

X1

X1

X1

Honestly, X1 is good. I have to give credit where credit is due.

See you again during the summer of 2019 for the Two Thousand Day Bash. I'll probably just save the typing effort and copy/paste this message text.

Highlighted
Contributor

Did they just add FS2 recently? Did they notify you? Is it in HD. Thanks.
Highlighted
Contributor

There is an exception to the FS2 blackout online. If a program is SUPPOSED to be on FS1, you can watch it online even if the program that is on FS1 is running long and what you want to watch is on FS2.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks, That's good to know.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Missed the Villanova Mens Basketball game on 11/11/2016. Was available on FS2

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Programming

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

Highlighted
Expert

@l_turn9 wrote:

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

Comcast is not telling you to change the channel to FS2 to continue watching.... FS1 is deciding that.  It is unfair to blame Comcast for that issue.  The X1 platform has an Auto-Extend function that is being fine tuned for some sports offerings and it has done very well for me with NASCAR races that extend past normal programming lengths.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Crazy that Xfinity doesn't offer Fox Sports 2!!!  I'm missing lots of Big East basketball games.  Tonight is Creighton vs Oral Roberts.  Might be time to move on from Comcast/Xfinity....

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Comcast has never added Fox Sports 2 in areas where they have been the cable company for some time. Like a lot of things, the markets that have Fox Sports 2 carried its predecessor, Fuel. They carried it because of existing contracts with providers that Comcast purchased.

The vast majority of areas that have Fox Sports 2 (SD only) are former territories of Adelphia Cable that Comcast purchased between 2006 and 2007. Also, areas that were formerly Suscom have FS2 (These are in PA and MS, I believe).

Outside of that, it hasn't been added to systems that Comcast owned before 2006, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes someday, and that the channel is carried in HD as it is on almost every other major cable company, Dish, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon and CenturyLink.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity offer Fox Sports 2? I just noticed the Rolex 24 schedule for 2017 and a lot of it is on FS2 so we pay big bucks for TV service and still don't get channels that a lot of us, expecially race fans, want.

Jan. 28-29

Rolex 24 at Daytona

Saturday, Jan. 28

Fox TV, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.

FS1, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.

FS2, 11 p.m.-midnight

Sunday, Jan. 29

FS2, midnight-12:30 p.m.

FS1, 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Cause ya got Comcast confused with a company that really cares & listens to it's subscribers and Dats Da Name of Dat Tune!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

Highlighted
Contributor

How do you get it?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Timmay2Shoes wrote:

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

If you have FS2 in any form on Comcast, you are in the minority of their customers.  Most do not get it even in standard definition.  If you read back through the years of posts on this subject, nobody is talking about the price.  The only posters who bring up added expense are the Comcast shills, who use that as a justification for not providing FS2 in their lineup, in other words "We are just trying to save you from yourselves" (That is, when they're not trying to shift the blame to FOX).  Personally, I've found other routes to see the programming I miss on FS2, so really It's no big deal to me.  It is, however, a big issue for many customers, given the length of time this thread has been running, and it is the attitude Comcast chooses ("If you're not happy, then switch to another service"), that is irritaiting to these customers.  Nobody expects to get it for free.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Janstheman wrote:
How do you get it?

If you don't get it, you won't get it, unless you switch to Direct TV or some other provider (Of course, they all come with their own problems),

Highlighted
Contributor

How many years have we been here begging for FS2? The answer is too many years. We are basically stuck with Xfinity/Comcast because of their internet speed is so fast.
So, until there is viable alternative with similar speeds, none of us will change.
Comcast knows that there will be some that will chatter away, but as long as we pay our bill, we really go no where.
My TV is secondary to my Internet. The ladies in my life watch the networks unceasingly.
I would rather read an e-book, surf the another country or look at a movie streamed or downloaded. Three or four years ago, I really wanted FS2. Now Xfinity Comcast I really could care less. If there worried about a nickel per subscriber, then forget about it. You can't miss what you never had.
Highlighted
New Poster

Fox sports 2

'Why doesn't Comcast carry Fox Sports 2?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox sports 2

With the data cap in many Xfinity service areas, signing up for FOX Soccer2Go (which is the only contractually acceptable way someone using Xfinity internet can get some * FOX Sports 2 programming in many Xfinity areas, like the Twin Cities, Minnesota, area, as FOX Sports 2 is not available on Sling TV yet per FOX, and FOX Sports 2 don't do Roku yet at all)...

...given a choice between paying:

a) an extra $10 per month to get just FOX Sports 2 on my cable service, as a sports tier channel, not a standard channel (which is in line with an extra ESPN channel cost), or
b) an extra $50 per month for unlimited data on my Xfinity internet plus the $140 per year for a yearly subscription to FOX Soccer 2 Go - thus, approximately $62 + taxes per month

I would prefer a), will not do b), and thus, until Xfinity does add FOX Sports 2, can't do either.

Hey, Xfinity, it's more efficient for your technical systems for FOX Sports 2 fans to watch over the cable, rather than streaming over the internet, so by adding FOX Sports 2, you would save yourselves a lot of grief!  And you would make a lot of sports fans very happy!

* - FOX Soccer 2 Go doesn't seem to have any auto racing, so for auto racing fans, this doesn't help at all.  But FOX Soccer 2 Go does have lots of soccer, AND Aussie Rules football (select matches), AND Australian National Rugby League (last season they had every game, and I have not heard that will change this year).

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Poster

Honestly. I'm in the Seattle market, as well. I know FS2 would do well out here. Please Comcast! Bring us FS2.

**And Bein Sports in English while you're at it!

Highlighted
New Poster

We pay for TV and Internet. Not TV or Internet. It seems ridiculous to have to watch games we're interested in on a computer. Not the same. Please add FS2 and BEIN in English.

Highlighted
New Poster

Ridiculous. I would pay extra for FS2.

Contributor

I've only got 1 week left and I am cutting the cord with Comcast.  We are moving and going with Wave Broadband (who offers FS1 and FS2).

The thing which has been most infuriating with this whole FS2 discussion, is that Comcast stated three years ago in their own press release when SPEED TV went away,  that both FS1and FS2 were coming to our channel lineups.   Here we are over three years later and still absolutely nothing.

I will not miss Comcast in the least.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

I'm outta here once my 1 year agreement is up.  No MavTV or FS2 on Comcast......ridiculous!    DirecTV has FS1,2 & MavTV, SlingTV has FS1 & 2 & Sony Vue also has FS1 & 2.  Comcast cannot tell me that FS2 would get lower rating than some of the (50 or so) junk channels I have.  This is typical big business whereby nothing gets done unless a meltdown occurs.    Xfinity pfffffffft     whooopy

Highlighted
New Poster

C'mon Comcast, enough already! Add FS2 Richmond, Virginia is a soccer market. FiOS has it. Add it or lose us.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Comcast will never add FS2 unless it takes over a provider that already offers it or buys out the provider like FIOS. Check the date on the first page of this thread, Comcast has no intention of adding FS2.
I have talked to Comcast directly through a link that was provided here and got the run around from there mouth piece after I filed a complaint to the FCC.
Your better off leaving if you can and are not stuck with them like most are.
Highlighted
Contributor

Maybe they will start carrying this year. They removed 3 fox college sports channels. There is enough room there for fox sports 2.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Cshapa wrote:
C'mon Comcast, enough already! Add FS2 Richmond, Virginia is a soccer market. FiOS has it. Add it or lose us.

You can request until you are bleeding from ears......Comcast just doesn't give a ****.  If it's the Rolex 24 at Daytona you want to see, get a VPN from UK, then you can watch the entire race broadcast w/o commercial breaks and the Radio LeMans guys doing the commentary.  I'm watching it via my phone, air played to my TV.  This works for other programming you can't get in the U.S. too.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We've been asking for FS2 for years but we'll never get it! I was hopeful when NASCAR teamed up with Xfinity but still nothing! All Comcast does is raise your bill & not give you what you want!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

They never fail to provide MTV and many similar channels but they can't give us FS2?  The Daytona 24 Hour race is going on today and the only option is IMSA radio and several teams offer in car cameras.  I have been unable to find IMSA radio and the in car camera;s get boring after a while - there is no commentary just the sound of the engine so you never know what's going on!  I want FS2 - I would gladly trade all my MTV and similar channels for one FS2!

Highlighted
New Poster

I still don't have FS2 in Annapolis MD. Can't watch 24 hours at Daytona except for 5 hours of it which will play from 1-3 on FS1, and the first 3 hour played on FOX yesterday. Great! Thanks for 5 hours of a 24 hour race that IS being broadcast on tv for 23 hours of its entirety. THANKS! $210 a month for everything except what I want to watch!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It's been this way since 2013, are you not used to the fact that it will not happen?<br>Only way to view is to stream from a app and then to the TV.<br>Yes it blows big time but your in the majority with the rest of the country, P'O'd that Comcast will not add FS2
Highlighted
Contributor

People, you are wasting your time posting as they are not adding Fox Sports 2 to the channel line up.  They don't add new

channels.  Its been several years since we've gotten any new HD copntent.   

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm hoping that we will see new HD channels soon after mpeg4 transition is complete. I hope we see FS2. I can only keep hoping.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I don't get it. No one on here seems to have FS2. But, I've had it since it started. Odd.
Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup > Need names > Neegan will handle

Removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup > Need names > Neegan will handle

My contract is almost up. Looking forward to switching to DirecTV so I can get the channels I want. Bye bye!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

News Corp launched Fox Sports 1 & 2 on August 17, 2013 ... as replacements for SpeedTV and FuelTV ... Comcast announces they'll sponsor the # 2 series of NASCAR on September 3, 2014 ... to be known as the NASCAR Xfinity Series ... beginning with the 2015 season ... News Corp dumps some of their NASCAR coverage (including the Comcast sponsored Xfinity Series) to Fox Sports 2 during the 2015 season ... Comcast (aka NBC / NBC Sports) announced they're going to be an official TV provider for NASCAR on July 23, 2013 for nine years ... beginning with the 2015 season & running through the 2024 season ... covering the Cup & Xfinity Series ... at a price of 50% more than what ESPN & TNT combined had paid for the 2007-2015 contract ... Though, some coverage was switched to FS1 when NBC / CNBC / MSNBC / NBCSN had scheduling conflicts ... It's obvious that TPTB at Comcast like NASCAR & auto racing in general as NBCSN also carries F1 / IndyCar / ARCA / NKNPS / etc ... The problem is the egos of TPTB won't allow them to carry FS2 (because said ego thinks "Well, they have FS1 & NBCSN and that should be enough to satisfy them") ... It's been 3 1/2 years since Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were launched ... The NASCAR Xfinity Series title sponsorship contract starts it's 3rd season in less than 2 weeks ... C'mon, Comcast! WE are paying out the nose for you to sponsor the NASCAR Xfinity Series as well as be a TV partner of NASCAR ... STOP being so selfish / greedy and give us Fox Sports 2 (especially since you've pulled the plug on carrying the Fox College Networks and other channels) !!!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

Fox college sports channels have been back on service. It would be great if we can get FS2 now.
Highlighted
Contributor

Went back and checked fox college sports no longer work on tv, but the guide is still displayed and channels are still listed on the guide. They were back on tv few days ago. They are streaming these channels on xfinity tv mobile app and on PC.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This was the response that I got from the "ComcastCares" Twitter account on 2/12/17 ...

"I do apologize for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your request. ~RD"

Unfortunately, this has been the EXACT SAME response that I've gotten everytime I've asked / complained about NOT having Fox Sports 2 since August of 2013 ...

The saddest part is that there's still a place on Foxsports.com and NASCAR.com to where you can send a request to your TV provider to ask them to carry it ... 3 1/2 yrs after the channel was launched ... 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yep, You are getting the standard comcast reply;  they say they cannot carry FS2 and blame it on someone else.  I fear they have worn us down.  After 4 years of asking and getting the same reply our numbers are slowly  reducing.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Guess what I read today?  YouTube is launching a TV streaming service, much like Hulu.  What's notable is that FS2 is included. $35.00 a month!  An alternative to Direct TV, Dish, and Xfinity.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

Highlighted
New Poster

@franks3591 wrote:

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

A practice that was supposed to air on FS1 yesterday was also switched to FS2. This is an ongoing urination contest between Fox and Comcast.  Considering that Fox wants as many people viewing its channels as possible, I'd say that the skunk at the garden party is Comcast.  Yeah, they really care, all right.  NOT.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@franks3591 wrote:

I'm in N.J., too -- know how you feel.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The crazy and sad part about this is that Comcast (Xfinity) is paying "X" number of MILLIONS of dollars to SPONSOR an entire Nascar racing series......and yet they can't give their customers FS2, so their paying customers can WATCH all of that racing series.  I distinctly remember last year when an Xfinity series race had gotten rain delayed and Fox switched the Xfinity race broadcast from FS1 to FS2.  So here I am, a paying Xfinity customer and I couldn't watch the Xfinity series race because Comcast/Xfinity won't give us FS2 so I can watch their race.......unbelievable.  It's the height of irony. 

But I have to tell you as others have said, this has now been going on for 3 or 4 years.  So I think ALL of us are simply urinating in the wind on this subject.  Xfinity/Comcast is not listening nor do they care.  

This is a chess match between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast and we are simply the pawns on their chess board.  Fox wants to duplicate the success of ESPN, by creating FS1, FS2, FS3, etc., just like ESPN.  But that means cable/satelite companies have to carry those channels.  How does a channel get those companies to carry them?  USING the viewers as pawns to pressure those companies.  Trust me, there is enough blame to go around between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

All we are doing is adding our urine into the "urinating match" between Fox and Comcast.  You're right, both have blame, but Comcast is the ultimate gatekeeper.  Their cynical sponsorship of the Xfinity Series is just that.  They really don't care, as long as we keep paying our Comcast bill every month, which they know we will do because.....Internet.  Even the workarounds I've used to watch the programming I'm missing on FS2 require a robust and reliable internet connection, which as we all know, is provided by Comcast.  Even should I choose a new internet provider, Comcast won't care.  I'm what, 1/10,000,000th of their revenue stream.  That's like dropping a penny on the sidewalk....I won't be bothered to pick it up.  We can keep complaining on this forum, but nothing will happen.  We can contact Comcast executives, but nothing will happen.  So there you have it.  Comcast has what we want, even if we want more.  It (i can't use the word because Comcast won't let me) causes an intense area of low pressure, much like what we want in a vaccum cleaner.