ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@skorotitsky wrote:

That's not true, I can't watch FS2 on "foxsportsgo" since it's not part of my home subscription because comcast doesn't have it in my area...

Correct. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.
That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Odd. I'm in Martinsville, VA and we've had Fox Sports 2 for a long time. Strange that it isn't in other markets.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Scott this page has been going on for very long, no changes have been made to the many that get no FS2, a large metropolitan area such as the San Francisco Bay Area included, is beyond pathetic, I see no changes to be made of adding the channel to the lineup.
Comcast/Xfinity is a joke with its automated responses and lack of customer approval and service.
Oh but hey I'm getting Netflix on my X1 system soon!!??? Only for paying subscribers does that mean any worth.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@Denztoi wrote:
Scott this page has been going on for very long, no changes have been made to the many that get no FS2, a large metropolitan area such as the San Francisco Bay Area included, is beyond pathetic, I see no changes to be made of adding the channel to the lineup.
Comcast/Xfinity is a joke with its automated responses and lack of customer approval and service.
Oh but hey I'm getting Netflix on my X1 system soon!!??? Only for paying subscribers does that mean any worth.

@Denztoi wrote:

Doesn't Comcast understand that those of us who already have Netflix (pretty much everybody), already has a means to watch it on their TeeVee?  Thanks for nothing, Comcast.  Would rather you FINALLY provide us with Fox Sports 2.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

I would sure love to see that happen.  Of course, you still need a robust and fast internet.  Unfortunately, Comcast does have the best on offer, at least where I live.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

The guy is ticked off like the rest of us and you critisize him for cap locks and proof reading? Really! 

Your a moron..................

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

You say FS2 is available in limited areas, where are those areas?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How long does it take comcast to negotiate with fox to get FS2? All the money their subscribers pay and they can't even GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT. I really want this channel and don't understand why I have to go to a friends house to watch dish.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I live in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area zipcode 33326 and I got Fox Sports 2 on channel 741.  It finally happened.  I have the X1 system with Digital Preferred with no extras.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

X1.

X1.

X1.

I thought I might start by typing X1 one thousand times; of course, in honor of the One Thousand Day Anniversary of this thread (actually, the official date was a while back). Lots and lots has gone on in the world over the past one thousand days, but, one thing remains constant, I still do not have Fox Sports 2. And, I still do not have beIN Sports HD. I keep throwing $XXX per month at the Xfunnies, and nothing. Comcast did achieve a modest amount of success by "allowing" us to view beIN Sports en Espanol HD. Geez, I bet ComcastXYZ (fill in the blank) got tired from patting themselves on the back once they announced that the beIN Sports en Espanol HD was coming to town.

When you have egos involved that are the size of the companies they represent, the phrase "heck, let's just do it" will never be heard from a decision-making room so very far up there in the Custerdome. Oh, I know, I am just one of the low-information-hayseeds that doesn't understand big business, a.k.a., the Art of the Deal. You know what? Maybe that's a good thing.

Sorry to cut this short, but I have to get ready for my beloved Arsenal in the UEFA Champions League. Oh, wait...hmmm...it's on Fox Sports 2. Good thing I have a subscription to FoxSoccer2Go. Unfortunately, I will have to connect to a reasonably reliable wi-fi connection down at the local coffee shop; for the most part, streaming anything on my Xflop network just leads to more sorrow. I know...it's Fox's fault.

X1

X1

X1

Honestly, X1 is good. I have to give credit where credit is due.

See you again during the summer of 2019 for the Two Thousand Day Bash. I'll probably just save the typing effort and copy/paste this message text.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

8 years ago

Did they just add FS2 recently? Did they notify you? Is it in HD. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

8 years ago

There is an exception to the FS2 blackout online. If a program is SUPPOSED to be on FS1, you can watch it online even if the program that is on FS1 is running long and what you want to watch is on FS2.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, That's good to know.

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

7 years ago

Missed the Villanova Mens Basketball game on 11/11/2016. Was available on FS2

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here