Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

New Poster

Programming

I'm getting very frustrated watching somthing on "Fox Sports1", then it finishes on "FOX Sports2", and I don't get to see the finish.

When my contract is up, unless  "Fox 2" is added to programming, I will switch carriers!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

yes, I just posted similar remark!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Programming

Just received mailer stating that on 6-7-16, comcast will be adding Fox Sports 2 in Lewistown pa

Hopefully others areas will be added as well

Channel lineup.png

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

IMSA is also looking to the future.  Since the majority of their live broadcasts are shunted over to FS2, Now would be a good time to recommend that they drop any connection with FOX.  There is no way Comcast is ever going to cave to Fox's demands, and FOX will continue to antagonize us viewers by "giving us a taste" of say, 24 Heuers du Mans, then showing the rest on FS2.  I have written to IMSA in the past and have always recieved polite letters, saying (wink wink), we know of the problem, watch IMSA.com.  Of course, if you don't get FS2, then you don't get live streaming.  A work around is a VPN located in say, the UK, then you can stream the whole race commercial free, since it looks like you are not in the US.  Bottom line is, I don't watch FOX for anything anymore, nor it's affiliates (one exception, ROOT sports, for my local baseball teams games.)

It still bugs me though, that for less money, I could get FS2 included.  The sticking point is that where I live, Comcast is the only option.

Regular Contributor

@walkerblack68 wrote:

Just received mailer stating that on 6-7-16, comcast will be adding Fox Sports 2 in Lewistown pa

Channel lineup.png

I wonder what COMCAST TEDS reaction will be to that news.  I wouldn't hold your breath.

Contributor

Would love to see this in the Indianapolis area. And RFD-TV, too!
New Poster

Re: FS2

Why can't I get FSq2 on Comcast? Is there another channel #???

New Poster

I live in Portland, OR

Official Employee

@walkerblack68 wrote:

Yes. This is correct. Lewistown, PA is scheduled to add Fox Sports 2 on June 7.

The Lewistown, PA cable system (the physical cable plant) is being merged with another nearby Comcast system (Reedsville, PA) that already carries Fox Sports 2, so the FS2 programming is being added to the newly added area in order to adhere to contractual obligations and agreements.

I am not aware of any additional areas that have been announced to add Fox Sports 2. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Good Morning DebbieN1,

After reviewing the channel lineup in your area, I show that FS2 is unavailable at this time. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

So basically Comcast has added nothing. They just combined two systems  (and one had fuel tv which became FS2) and they have to keep it that way because of contracts. What a joke. 

Contributor

Donope:

If you think that is bad, follow Ted's link he included in his reply above.

Note the 6 or 7 channels that will be deleted for us on the West Coast on June 7th.  Hum.......   I wonder if we will see a drop in our bill due to these channels being dropped off of our lineup.   Comcast always loves to raise our bills when they add channels but they never seem to drop when they delete channels. Funny how that works ......

@donope wrote:

So basically Comcast has added nothing. They just combined two systems  (and one had fuel tv which became FS2) and they have to keep it that way because of contracts. What a joke. 

Also, on June 7th, 2016, the west coast feeds of the below channels will no longer be available:
ENCORE Action (West) 530
HBO Family (West) 557
MoreMAX (West) 565
The Movie Channel Xtra (West) 593
SHO Extreme (West) 582
Showtime Showcase (West) 580
Showtime (West) 576
Starz (West) 534

Official Employee

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:

Donope:

If you think that is bad, follow Ted's link he included in his reply above.

Note the 6 or 7 channels that will be deleted for us on the West Coast on June 7th.  Hum.......   I wonder if we will see a drop in our bill due to these channels being dropped off of our lineup.   Comcast always loves to raise our bills when they add channels but they never seem to drop when they delete channels. Funny how that works ......

@donope wrote:

Also, on June 7th, 2016, the west coast feeds of the below channels will no longer be available:
ENCORE Action (West) 530
HBO Family (West) 557
MoreMAX (West) 565
The Movie Channel Xtra (West) 593
SHO Extreme (West) 582
Showtime Showcase (West) 580
Showtime (West) 576
Starz (West) 534

That information was specific for Lewistown, PA. Not for your area. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

So here I am watching FS2 in STANDARD DEFINITION while one of the yar's top soccer games - the UEFA Champions League final - is in progress.  It looks terrible and shoul dbe in HD, but I guess I should be happy I have it at all.  COMCAST continues to be the WORST major cable TV provider for its HD channel offerings (or lack thereof).  It is pathetic, there are no excuses left and the entire Customer Service team, starting with Tom K, should be dismissed along with the technical staff if they can't figure out how to get this done.  200 miles north, Brighthouse seems able to offer all HD options, so what's wrong here in 33323?

If you don't want to [provide the service, let somoene else do it.  Sell to Google or Brighthouse and let us customers enjoy the service and options that are available in non-Comcast land.

New Poster

@ebl11 wrote:

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

If you pay extra for the Sports Entertainment package, shouldn't it include ALL sports channels available? instead Xfinity makes all sorts of excuses to leave some of them out, not to mention that BeIn Sports HD is a small box inside your tv, not at all in HD! It It is sickning when they pretend the issue is with your TV's resolution, every time you call the Costomer service to complain about the problm with the channel...

We are not customers, but hostages from these kind of big corporations that only see what they want from u$

Frequent Visitor

I just looked at Xfinity's Summer of Soccer page and it listed FS2 as their channel:

Problem Solver

They announced Copa america on my messages on the Converter box

but FS2 will be carrying some games and FS2 isn't availble on my system

so why even announce something like that if you don't have full coverage.

New Poster

FS2

does anyone have an idea when we could see FS 2. we have FS1

Regular Contributor

@Pharrell wrote:

They announced Copa america on my messages on the Converter box

but FS2 will be carrying some games and FS2 isn't availble on my system

so why even announce something like that if you don't have full coverage.

Xfinity sponsors a NASCAR series, some of which airs today on FS2 which can't be viewed by Xfinity customers. And of course, it's all Fox's fault.

The mutual urination competition continues. And it's the customers who are getting wet.

New Poster

SO, tryign to find Fox Sports 2 on my Cmomcast/Xfinity to Watch UFC Prelims...and I guess it snot an option....however....AT&T carries it.  ATT just dug fiber in my neighborhood....time to make the switch...

Visitor

I can't watch UFC prelims it is always on FS1 I don't care about golf or racing. At least give us the channel so we call all watch it here in Chicago.....Really frustrating. 

Visitor

finding a tv station

How do i get Fox sports 2

Silver Problem Solver

Re: finding a tv station

Call and ask which package contains that channel, then add that package to your account.

Problem Solver

Hello lizzy2006,

Thank you for contacting us here at Comcast regarding the Fox Sports 2 channel. This channel is not a part of the channel line-up. We will look into this matter further and request to have this channel added. You will be contacted shortly regarding this request.

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Admin1

lizzy2006 -- We have started carrying FS2 to in very select areas and we continue to negotiate possible expansions into others. At this time it is not available in your area. 

Most Valued Poster

UFC Prefight Show. Perfect example why comcast needs to add FS2 to my area Garden State, NJ system. MLB Baseball game running late Saturday night 7/9 program note says to turn to FS2 or Fox Sports go. Alot easier if I received FS2 on XFINITY.
Problem Solver

Hello tstack,

We are aware of our customer's desire for Fox Sports 2, both companies have to come to an agreement before any meaningful headway can be made.  I apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any more questions or concerns please reach back out. Thank you.

New Poster

Why not move the baseball game to fs2? It is not the world series!

New Poster

Lewistown,Pa here i come. Im about to move there with my wife and 4 kids just to have FX2 programing. Will Comcast ted reimburse my moving expense? I live in California so this would be a cross country move. I am expecting a month free of comcast cable bills comcast ted!!!!

Valued Contributor

Click below for a list of sports (and all) cable networks and the number of homes each reaches as of June 2016:

http://sportstvratings.com/how-many-more-homes-is-espn-in-than-fs1-and-nbc-sports-network-june-2016-...

Official Employee

@dcap wrote:

Why not move the baseball game to fs2? It is not the world series!

Apologies, that was a programming decision made by Fox Sports. 

New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Was looking forward to watching horse racing from Saratoga on Fs2 in West Yarmouth . No such luck. Good thing I can DVR it with Charter in Uxbridge. Wish there was another provider on Cape Cod. 

Regular Contributor

So glad I can actually watch the UFC 201 prelims, and in HD for that matter...so glad I switched to Direct TV. Also they have BeIN sports in HD as well, crazy right?
Frequent Visitor

Lucky. Comcast is the only option for some of us. Ill be missing the prelims. Thanks Comcast!
Contributor

I love the latest commercial from Comcast.  The guy named, Karen(?) keeps telling us that "Comcast should fit into our lives, not the other way around".

Well, Karen....  We've all been fitting into Comcast's life for the last 3 years waiting for your empty promise of "Customer Satisfaction".

By the time we get FS2, h*ll will have probably frozen over.

Mike

New Poster

In Colorado and can't watch UFC 201 prelims....  I spend a lot of cash on Comcast....  Why?  Why can't we get FS2?  Time for another provider?  Been with comcast for 17+ years....  Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

New Poster

Same issue here.  Wanted to watch UFC 201 prelims and they are on FOX Sports 2.  Ridiculous that Comcast has not added this channel yet.  Pay a cable bill well over $200 per month and can't even get the channels I want to watch.  Happened last month with the Copa America games that were on Fox Sports 2 as well.  I may have to look elsewhere although Comcast has a monopoly in the area (outside DirectTv) so Verizon Fios is not available.  If it was I would switch in a second.

New Poster

Ufc 201 prelims are on fox deportes. Not ideal but if u want watch it it's on. Just in Spanish :/ if u get that channel. 

Regular Contributor

I'm sure you are correct.  My frustration comes from so many sports car racing  events that with the 1st half of the race on FS1 and the last half on FS2!  Itis very frustrating!  The 24 hr of LeMans is the most important sports car race of the year - but only the 1st half was shown on FS1.   I had to go to YouTube to find out how it ended!  I may as well watch the whole race somewhere on my computer.  The "discussions" have been going on for years!  Meanwhile Comcast customers keep paying their monthly bills and settling for inferior programming availability!

Most Valued Poster

l_turn9,

We have started carrying FS2 to in very select areas and we continue to negotiate possible expansions into others. At this time it is not available in your area.

Contributor

FS2 in limited areas? Is Indianapolis one of them? Please, if this is so my prayers have been answered.
Most Valued Poster

Janstheman,

You must speak to a representative at your local store or call our billing department at 1-800-XFINITY.

New Poster

Re: Channel lineups, big company power plays, big company ineptitude

Why did we have it, and now we don't?   Without any notice.  But have every other worthless Fox Sports Channel...   I work for a sporting organization that primaily airs on FS2, and now I can't watch my own races.

Beyond frustrated and disgusted this happened without any notice.

Official Employee

Fox Sports 2

@WalkerKC wrote:

Why did we have it, and now we don't?   Without any notice.  But have every other worthless Fox Sports Channel...   I work for a sporting organization that primaily airs on FS2, and now I can't watch my own races.

Beyond frustrated and disgusted this happened without any notice.

Apologies for any confusion. I checked with our programming team that oversees your area of Missouri. They confirmed that we haven't previously carried Fox Sports 2 in this area. 

New Poster

Can anyone let me know when FS2 will be broadcast in HD?  I live in 39110 MS.

Regular Contributor

What a joke...
Regular Contributor

@Stoneman11 wrote:

Can anyone let me know when FS2 will be broadcast in HD?  I live in 39110 MS.

If I were you, I'd just be grateful for getting FS2 at all.  The rest of us don't get it in any dimension.  All we get is a runaround.

New Poster

FS2 in Seattle area please. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I AM A NASCAR FAN AND I THINK COMCAST IS VERY UNFAIR TO THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY NOW CAN'T GET TO WATCH SHOWS LIKE RACE DAY OR ANY OTHER NASCAR SHOWS THAT ARE ON AS YOU NOW HAVE THEM ON FOX SPORTS 2 AND THAT CHANNEL IS NOT OFFERED IN MY AREA. MY CABLE BILL IS HIGH ENOUGH AS I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SPORTS BECAUSE MOVIES ARE OF NO INTERST TO ME. WELL NOW YOU CERTAINLY FIXED THAT FOR ME. PRETTY SOON YOU'LL BE TAKING MORE AND MORE SPORTS CHANNELS AND I'LL HAVE NOTHING TO WATCH. I THINK YOU SHOULD START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS COMCAST AND GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAY FOR AND NOT WHAT THEY DON'T WANT. IF NOT YOUR FIND THEY'LL BE GOING TO OTHER CABLE COMPANIES AND I CERTAINLY AM GETTING READY FOR THAT. THE PRICE CERTAINLY CAN'T BE MORE EXPENSIVE THEN I'M PAYING NOW AND AT LEAST I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH WHAT I WANT. NOT STUPID MOVIES THAT I HAVE ON MY TV THAT I SAID I DO NOT WANT ANY MOVIE CHANNELS BUT GUESS WHAT THERE THEY ARE AND YOU WON'T TAKE THEM OFF FOR 2 YEARS AS YOU CLAIM IT'S A 2 YEAR AGREEMENT WELL I DON'T KNOW WITH WHO BUT IT WASN'T WITH ME. THANKS FOR NOTHING COMCAST.