ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

Donope:

If you think that is bad, follow Ted's link he included in his reply above.

Note the 6 or 7 channels that will be deleted for us on the West Coast on June 7th.  Hum.......   I wonder if we will see a drop in our bill due to these channels being dropped off of our lineup.   Comcast always loves to raise our bills when they add channels but they never seem to drop when they delete channels. Funny how that works ......

@donope wrote:

So basically Comcast has added nothing. They just combined two systems  (and one had fuel tv which became FS2) and they have to keep it that way because of contracts. What a joke. 

Also, on June 7th, 2016, the west coast feeds of the below channels will no longer be available:
ENCORE Action (West) 530
HBO Family (West) 557
MoreMAX (West) 565
The Movie Channel Xtra (West) 593
SHO Extreme (West) 582
Showtime Showcase (West) 580
Showtime (West) 576
Starz (West) 534

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:

Donope:

If you think that is bad, follow Ted's link he included in his reply above.

Note the 6 or 7 channels that will be deleted for us on the West Coast on June 7th.  Hum.......   I wonder if we will see a drop in our bill due to these channels being dropped off of our lineup.   Comcast always loves to raise our bills when they add channels but they never seem to drop when they delete channels. Funny how that works ......

@donope wrote:

So basically Comcast has added nothing. They just combined two systems  (and one had fuel tv which became FS2) and they have to keep it that way because of contracts. What a joke. 

Also, on June 7th, 2016, the west coast feeds of the below channels will no longer be available:
ENCORE Action (West) 530
HBO Family (West) 557
MoreMAX (West) 565
The Movie Channel Xtra (West) 593
SHO Extreme (West) 582
Showtime Showcase (West) 580
Showtime (West) 576
Starz (West) 534

That information was specific for Lewistown, PA. Not for your area. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

8 years ago

So here I am watching FS2 in STANDARD DEFINITION while one of the yar's top soccer games - the UEFA Champions League final - is in progress.  It looks terrible and shoul dbe in HD, but I guess I should be happy I have it at all.  COMCAST continues to be the WORST major cable TV provider for its HD channel offerings (or lack thereof).  It is pathetic, there are no excuses left and the entire Customer Service team, starting with Tom K, should be dismissed along with the technical staff if they can't figure out how to get this done.  200 miles north, Brighthouse seems able to offer all HD options, so what's wrong here in 33323?

If you don't want to [provide the service, let somoene else do it.  Sell to Google or Brighthouse and let us customers enjoy the service and options that are available in non-Comcast land.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

@ebl11 wrote:

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

If you pay extra for the Sports Entertainment package, shouldn't it include ALL sports channels available? instead Xfinity makes all sorts of excuses to leave some of them out, not to mention that BeIn Sports HD is a small box inside your tv, not at all in HD! It It is sickning when they pretend the issue is with your TV's resolution, every time you call the Costomer service to complain about the problm with the channel...

We are not customers, but hostages from these kind of big corporations that only see what they want from u$

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I just looked at Xfinity's Summer of Soccer page and it listed FS2 as their channel:

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

They announced Copa america on my messages on the Converter box

but FS2 will be carrying some games and FS2 isn't availble on my system

so why even announce something like that if you don't have full coverage.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

does anyone have an idea when we could see FS 2. we have FS1

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

8 years ago

@Pharrell wrote:

They announced Copa america on my messages on the Converter box

but FS2 will be carrying some games and FS2 isn't availble on my system

so why even announce something like that if you don't have full coverage.

Xfinity sponsors a NASCAR series, some of which airs today on FS2 which can't be viewed by Xfinity customers. And of course, it's all Fox's fault.

The mutual urination competition continues. And it's the customers who are getting wet.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I can't watch UFC prelims it is always on FS1 I don't care about golf or racing. At least give us the channel so we call all watch it here in Chicago.....Really frustrating. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

SO, tryign to find Fox Sports 2 on my Cmomcast/Xfinity to Watch UFC Prelims...and I guess it snot an option....however....AT&T carries it.  ATT just dug fiber in my neighborhood....time to make the switch...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do i get Fox sports 2

Problem Solver

• 

583 Messages

8 years ago

Hello lizzy2006,

Thank you for contacting us here at Comcast regarding the Fox Sports 2 channel. This channel is not a part of the channel line-up. We will look into this matter further and request to have this channel added. You will be contacted shortly regarding this request.

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

lizzy2006 -- We have started carrying FS2 to in very select areas and we continue to negotiate possible expansions into others. At this time it is not available in your area. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello tstack,

We are aware of our customer's desire for Fox Sports 2, both companies have to come to an agreement before any meaningful headway can be made.  I apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any more questions or concerns please reach back out. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

8 years ago

UFC Prefight Show. Perfect example why comcast needs to add FS2 to my area Garden State, NJ system. MLB Baseball game running late Saturday night 7/9 program note says to turn to FS2 or Fox Sports go. Alot easier if I received FS2 on XFINITY.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here