ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I have started to tweet my displeasure to the studio team.  It gives me the illusion that it could make a difference.  Example: 

@warrenbarton2 @EricWynalda @AlexiLalas Are you bothered that when you blab on FS2 you blab to virtually no one? #nofs2comcast #FOXsnubsfans

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Right, but Comcast probably has far more subscribers than DirectTV.  Yes, that's a guess.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

Not quite true. They blab to everyone EXCEPT Comcast subscribers!

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Ctstreetrodder, you may be correct that Comcast is the only cable company refusing to carry FS2.  Unfortunately in my area, Comcast is the ONLY cable company to choose from.  However, the points in my previous post remain the same.  According to a tracking company (Broadband Now), Comcast is by far the LARGEST cable company in the United States.  Comcast currently covers 41 states, with over 109 Million in population.  The next largest cable company is Time Warner and they only cover 29 states, with 65 Million in population.  So with Comcast NOT carrying FS2, it is a massive number of people who are affected.  Therefore, the points I made in my previous post.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

8 years ago

Re:  This weekend's NASCAR race from Las Vegas -- XFINITY Series qualifying will air on the channel that XFINITY doesn't carry.  Yes, Comcast, we know.....it's all Fox Sports's fault.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Exactly--The "Talking Heads" are just flapping their gums and wagging their prodigious heads at no one in particular.  In the meantime I can watch CONCACAF Champions League 2nd leg matches on UNIDH and GALAH--in Spanish.  If I want English, it's streaming on Fox Soccer 2 Go.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Not trying to do a plug for direct TV but it addition to having beIN in HD and FS2 in HD. They also have 5 dedicated EPL HD channels. You can see from the picture of what's on my DVR that I was able to record all 5 EPL games yesterday and today.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

I know, I would love to see it. This has been going on for better than two to three years. I believe Comcast will never add FoxSports 2. I also believe Donald Trump will be the next president. Hey, I can dream can't I?

@jefflange wrote:

12:30 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2

Thanks Comcast.  Your sponsored NASCAR series isn't being carried in SW Florida BECAUSE YOU DON'T OFFER FS2 here!   I have cancelled my sports package and the whole of Comcast is next.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

I cancelled my Comcast cable package due to the lack of FS2HD, BeIN HD, Fox Soccer Plus, Premier League Extra Time, or GolTV. Living in an apartment, I lack exclusive space I can install a dish (though I wish I could and in awe of the screenshot above).

Instead I've resulted to Sling TV with the Sports Pack for ESPN and BeIN HD ($25 a month), Fox Soccer Plus on PSVue ($12.99 a month with Playstation Plus), and using Fox Sports Go and NBC sports live extra. 

I have no problems with paying for the content I want, but Comcast refuses to offer said content so for now I'm voting with my dollars and going elsewhere for my sports entertainment. Looking forward to trying out the DirecTV streaming package that is rumored to be coming soon. 

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

Good on you.  I am considering my options as well.  For racing, I buy streaming packages to watch V-8 Supercars (just finished watching the first race of the year, live, w/o commercial interruptions; and not that edited-to-fit-in-a-half-an-hour BS that you get watching on cable)

I do the same for WEC, and use a VPN to watch BBC and ITV coverage (essential when the Isle of Man TT comes around in June)  IMSA can be viewed on their website, also commercial free, and also live.  W/airplay, I can use the television instead of watching the race on my laptop.  For big ones, like the Rolex 24 at Daytona, 12 hours of Bathurst, Sebring, and LeMans, I can also listen in my car if I have to run an errand.  If I did cut the cord, the thing I'd miss the most is soccer, baseball, and football.  

All that being said, you need a fast internet connection to watch this stuff, and Comcast does have the quickest, at least where I live.  The problem is if I cancell my TV service, and just pay for Internet, then they jack the cost way up, so I end up paying them anyway.

You can get NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA if you don't have a cable or satellite subscription?

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, FS2 missing from the channel lineup has been an ongoing topic in this forum.  Comcast has turned a deaf ear to it's many users who have asked for FS2.  I am at the end of my two year contract and am going to contact Customer Service directly.  I can go back to Verizon and get FS2 for about the same money.  Keep posting up here and maybe, perhaps someone from Comcast will take notice.  To make things worse, if you sign up at fox sports go using your comcast e-mail address, you can only see FS1 and not FS2 there - contracts and deals which do not benefit the customer.  I know we racing fans are a minority, but please? 

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

8 years ago

Same with MAVTV.  Deaf ears.  We can be ignored for only so long  

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

You need to use this link if you want any kind of response. But all you can doi is gripe they still won't add it.
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

I did it and got a quick reply and believe me they have to when it's a FCC problem.
Hopefully more customers will do the same because this forum only gets so far, i.e. ComcastTeds

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Still waiting - LOL.  Maybe I'll blow up this forum topic every couple days with the same post.  Missed most of the Daytona endurance rance.  Gonna miss all of Formula E apparently, Some of the MotoGP racing will be on FS2 I suspect. - Sheesh.  How about it Comcast???? Will ANYONE respond to your many, many customers who miss MAV and FS2?  Just filed complaint with FCC and dropped a comment into the FOX sports in basket.  And, oh by the way, FS2 is shown as being part of the Digital preferred package here (there's a check box) but not the big premium package.  Deceptive or False?  A mistake or intentional????  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here