ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The speed channel has been removed from the comcast lineup and I kept on hoping that comcast would have other channels pick up more auto racing during the week days, but all you have done was rerun nascar in America every week! what the heck put racing back on tv during the week even if its nascar race re ran. like the xfinity series race that got postpond and reran on fox sport 2 witch we do not get!!!

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

9 years ago

Fox is as much to blame for FS2 not being available as Comcast.  Fox wants the channel on one of the top level tiers, but Comcast is unwilling.  Obviously subscribers fees much mean more to Fox than advertising dollars.  If it wasn't, they would allow Comcast, make it available in what ever way possible.  Through a Sports package or lower tier.  Rumors are that MAVTV wanted Dish to put their channel on a higher tier and Dish said no it stays on the Outdoor package.  Mav didn't like it and Dish dropped it. We live in a time that cable should become ala Carte. Pick and choose.  Or channels go to streaming, allowing us to pay for what we want, and not pay for the other 90% of crud that is force down our wallet..

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@SpeedBuggy wrote:

Fox is as much to blame for FS2 not being available as Comcast.  Fox wants the channel on one of the top level tiers, but Comcast is unwilling.  Obviously subscribers fees much mean more to Fox than advertising dollars.  If it wasn't, they would allow Comcast, make it available in what ever way possible.  Through a Sports package or lower tier.  Rumors are that MAVTV wanted Dish to put their channel on a higher tier and Dish said no it stays on the Outdoor package.  Mav didn't like it and Dish dropped it. We live in a time that cable should become ala Carte. Pick and choose.  Or channels go to streaming, allowing us to pay for what we want, and not pay for the other 90% of crud that is force down our wallet..

SpeedBuggy,

As I've said before,with Comcast,  this will happen when pigs fly in formation, with the slot pig inverted. "Back in the day" this was the way things happened when cable was in it's beginning stages. As we all know "things have changed". I may stand corrected BUT I believe if you have Verizion FIOS on your street, this plan is available with them?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is a question about a channel that I believe is not carried by Xfinity.  Where or can we see FOX SPORTS 2?  This channel was the only place last November where the Cal-Stanford Big Game was located for the entire first quarter.  Local fans wait yearly for this event and the LA feed showed us Oklahoma football and the entire post game show on FS1 before they kicked over to the Cal game.  The ladies FIFA soccer tournament has been on recently and again games are exclusivikly featured on FS2, which I believe Xfinity is not carrying.  So I ask - when will Xfinity offer its loyal subscribers this channel? The BigTen network is an additional charge, so maybe FS2 should be offered that way, but in the perfect world BOTH these channels should be offered on the Sports package that includes Pac10 and the SEC.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

I'm glad the thread has legs, sadly that is all it has as nothing is going to change. Last week no nascar - all on fs2. This weekend coming up - I am stunned two weekends in a row, no qualifying, no practice, basically it is worse than espn got at the end ONLY the live race sunday will be televised - that's worse than even last weekend itself a pathetic joke - and while we all got mad a heavy handed comcast weekend mod deleted most of our posts (at least ted is a little more tolerant)..  nascar Racehub - what was a daily racing show on fs1 - was bumped for more than a week off fox sports 1 - they are paid by fox - so all they said was bet you missed us, welcome back. We can complain all we want. Until every sport deferred to fox sports 2 complains - nascar, imsa, arca, other sports - the battle with fox and comcast will never end. I worried once I returned to church I'd miss raceday and some racing. I am off to goodwill to return to docsis 2 cable modems, going to find a used docsis 3, or not,  and off to walmart for a cheap tv antenna. this thread will last either until nascar folds from empty seats and silver spoon management or people forget who speed channel was. We could hope comcast would lose lots of customers, well that isnt happening - 400 ads a day for comcast   - as wc fields said a sucker born every day. cant go to att uverse - they dont carry fs2 either. Guess until fox sports viewership falls off a clip as folks are sick of wwe and non stop fifa it will be 25 pages more here coomplaining, and guess what - no change.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

@jimrussell2000 wrote:

This weekend coming up - I am stunned two weekends in a row, no qualifying, no practice  

Hi, Jim --

According to NA$CAR.com and MRN.com, qualifying will be on FS1 on Saturday at 2 p.m. (ET). Up to today the on-screen channel guide had that listed as Cup practice, but it also says "qualifying" now.

Also, I've just noticed that this past weekend's Xfinity race that was shortened yesterday is on the schedule again today, from noon to 2:30. Maybe somebody at Fox accidently flipped a switch yesterday....I know Fox got an earful from viewers about it. We'll have to see what happens today when they get to the last 20 laps.

If it rains on Sunday's Sonoma race, who knows what will happen. After Sonoma, it's all NBCSN (except for Truck) -- that may be a whole 'nother circus. Doesn't Comcast own NBC now, too?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I agree! Fox, Comcast, & Nascar are all at fault & don't care about there customers! They gave us leftovers by reshowing a race where we knew the winner! I turned it on to watch the end monday & they cut it off! Why couldn't they put the race on FXX on sunday? There's nothing but repeats on that channel anyway! I watch Indycar on NBCS & they show the races fine but they don't show practices & they show the qualifying later, not live. So who knows what will happen with Nascar.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

9 years ago

@SpeedBuggy wrote:

That is one tired excuse/lie that the cable company has been putting out there as a PR stunt to customers. FS2 is not available on any top level tiers on the other major providers out there (be it the satellite companies or Verizon), it sounds ridiculous that Fox would only insist that Comcast have FS2 on top level tier but not the others. Another debunked myth.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

to your question - yes comcast owns nbc. 2 - oh my gosh thank you- I just put on fs1 - even tho I heard erik jobnes already won, it will be nice to see the race. 
3 to this weekends tc schedule - I use tvracer.com, very reliable - updates often (pardon the formatting, not easy turning tables to plain text) - so far this is what he has for thsi coming weekend's coverage....I do NOT get cbs sports because despite a very pricey sports package in my bill cbs sports is not in it anymore than fpox sports 2. (tho cbs sports is avaliable - fs2 not - I just cant afford cbs sports - used to be free with my package, now it is an addon).

Friday, June 26, 2015
1:00am-3:00am (R) Global Rallycross Daytona NBCSN
2:00pm-2:30pm (6/20-21) Global Rallycross Lites Daytona NBCSN
3:00pm-5:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice Sonoma FS2
6:30pm-8:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Final Practice Sonoma FS2

Saturday, June 27, 2015
12:00am-1:30am (6/26) IndyCar Qualifying Fontana NBCSN
7:30am-9:00am (L) MotoGP World Championship Assen FS1
10:30am-12:00pm (L) Formula E London FS1
1:00pm-3:00pm (L) -1st Motos - MAVTV
9:00pm-11:00pm (SD) -2nd Motos - NBCSN Pro Motocross Budds Creek MAVTV
NBCSN
2:00pm-3:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Sonoma FS1
4:00pm-8:00pm (L) IndyCar Fontana NBCSN

Sunday, June 28, 2015
10:00am-2:00pm (L) - FS1
2:00pm-4:30pm (L) - FS2 United SportsCar Watkins Glen FS1 FS2
10:30am-12:00pm (L) Formula E London FS2
2:00pm-3:00pm (L) -Pre-Race
3:00pm-6:00pm (L) -Race NASCAR Sprint Cup Sonoma FS1
2:00pm-4:00pm (L) ARCA Racing Winchester CBSSN
4:00pm-5:00pm (6/19-21) V8 Supercars Hidden Valley CBSSN

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

jimrussell2000 - thanks for posting that lineup. 

Well done, Sir!

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

glad to help...we're all in this sinking ship together I guess...not sure if ted will take the first liefeboat though LOL

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

please add fox sports 2, fox sports 3, and fox soccer plus these three channels will be great thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Is there a plan to get Fox Sports 2 on Comcast.  I missed the NASCAR Xfinity (comcast) race because the race got postponed due to rain and they showed it on Fox Sports 2.  You would think we should be able to watch something sponsored by Xfinity on a channel provided by Xfinity - Comcast.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Gold Cup starts in about a week and half the games are scheduled for Fox Sports 2.  Come of Comcast, get with it already and add Fox Sports 2 HD. Even if you put it in the Sports Entertainment Package, I know I would subscribe, and I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

@TheBate wrote:

This is a question about a channel that I believe is not carried by Xfinity.  Where or can we see FOX SPORTS 2?  This channel was the only place last November where the Cal-Stanford Big Game was located for the entire first quarter.  Local fans wait yearly for this event and the LA feed showed us Oklahoma football and the entire post game show on FS1 before they kicked over to the Cal game.  The ladies FIFA soccer tournament has been on recently and again games are exclusivikly featured on FS2, which I believe Xfinity is not carrying.  So I ask - when will Xfinity offer its loyal subscribers this channel? The BigTen network is an additional charge, so maybe FS2 should be offered that way, but in the perfect world BOTH these channels should be offered on the Sports package that includes Pac10 and the SEC.

Greetings! When you have a bit of free time (maybe during a sporting event you can't watch because it's on Fox Sports 2), start at the beginning of this thread and read on through. You are far from alone in your thoughts, my friend.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here