Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

The 24 Hours of LeMans is on this weekend.  Looks like I will be missing most of it, including the start because Comcast still doesn't carry Fox Sports 2.  Look at this schedule:

• Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

It's very disappointing that Comcast won't add this channel.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Today, friday,June 12 a lot of nascar missed too - cup qualifying and the  arca race. PS I have been a nascar fan council member for 4 years now, I am very vocal and have complained since the day they closed speed about this matter. I have even CALLED Nascar, many times. Yet each week Mike Joy, The two Waltrip idiots and others are shills for fox constantly say switch to fox sports 2  knowing well no one gets fox sports 2 but that's who pays their paycheck. (I have written each of them too - many many times). anyone who likes racing, years ago nascar ruined nascar dor com as it used to have a good list of the racding for the weekend, it no longer does. Some guys go to nbc or espn or cbs sports web pages, I have kept a tab open to tvracer dot com for years, it shows all racing for any given day and which channel. Assured I a pi55ed off big time knowing I am missing some significant nascar AGAIN today thanks to the imbiciles at both comcast and fox.

Friday, June 12, 2015 1:00am-1:30am (R) 1:30am-2:00am (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR  NBCSN

4:00am-5:00am (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

7:00am-7:30am (R) 7:30am-8:00am (R) 8:00am-8:30am (R) 8:30am-9:00am (R) NASCAR America NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice FS1

1:00pm-2:00pm (L) Xfinity Practice Michigan  FS1

2:30pm-4:00pm (L)  Xfinity Final Practice Michigan FS1

4:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Michigan FS2 <--Fox Sports Two No One On Comcast Gets

4:30pm-5:00pm NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

5:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR America NBCSN

5:30pm-7:00pm (L) ARCA Racing Michigan  FS2 <---Fox Sports Two that No One On Comcast Gets

6:00pm-7:00pm (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY
6:30pm-7:00pm (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

11:00pm-12:00am 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

ANYONE: Prove to me that fox, comcast or nascar care about anything other than money - I'll give you a million. Trust me I wont have to payout, no one can every prove comcast, fox or nascar cares about its fans enough to finally add fox2 as was promised years ago,m to the standard racing channels, again,  as promised - with no extra charge for it either. Nascar knows xfinity comcast are hypocrrites with the naming rights, I tell them every fan council they email me every monday morning.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with Dish and DirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option to receive FS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My son is with Verizon and he gets FS2.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@NWracefan wrote:
It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with DishandDirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option toreceiveFS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.

Could you post the source of that Twitter message so that we can review and address it with the source? Thanks. 

For those following, Comcast does currently offer Fox Sports 2 in several markets, including parts of "major markets" like Philadelphia. 

We don't have any new announcements to make right now regarding additional areas adding Fox Sports 2. 

As I and many others have mentioned earlier in this thread, there are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, you may want to explore the best option for your situation.

Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread (message 1053 on this page). Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

.....and to reveal that information would be a violation of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a direct violation of our confidential programming contract with Fox.

Fox will tell you the very same thing. 

NDA - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

removed. please review Posting Guidelines

As per the Forum Guidlines, http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Highlighted
Contributor

for (ONLY NEW) dish customers    

America's
Top 250

$39.99/mo for 12 months
290+ Channels fox sports 2 is available. 

the next package down

America's
Top 200

$39.99/mo for 12 months
240+ Channels

it is not

of course after 12 months the prices double to triple

Highlighted
Contributor

The tweet came from NASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@NWracefan wrote:
The tweet camefromNASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.

Thanks! Found it - that is not actually a tweet, but a message on the NASCAR open message board from a general user (Buck Shot_Fan 88).

http://www.nascar.com/weekend-schedule.html

My own opinion is that I remain doubtful that information regarding exclusive contracts from a multichannel video provider for any network is accurate. 

Fox is a very smart company. An exclusive agreement would seem to go against any traditional television business model - to gain additional money per subscriber, gain additional subscribers any way you can and get additional eyeballs and advertising revenue.

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://foxsports.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Also upset that I can't see Nascar Qualifying!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2

It's unbelievable that we can't get fox sorts 2. Some d@&$ soccer game took it's place. It's hard to believe that since NBC, which comcast owns, has the series and we can't watch qualifying for cup series. Come on comcast get for real.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just as you were disappointed to not be able to view  the various NASCAR events, I feel the same about a single race.  In the small town of LeMans, France they hold a 24 hour road race with the ultimate sports cars from all over the world.  But when Speed was changed to Fuel we lost most of the coverage.  It went from 24 or so hours to less than 8.  I could see the listing in FS2 but I cannot get to it.   I even tried t upgrade my TV package but FS2 was not available in my area.  

Typical comcast BS.  But I will leave them soon.   ...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@JASBLUES wrote:

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Don't know how long you guys have been subscribers to cable, but "back in the day" that was exactly what we could do!!!!! I have a good Comcast "inside contact" in Philly & I can assure you that pigs will fly in formation, with the slot pig inverted, before you see Comcast go back to that program!!!!  I also can remember "back in the day" when Optimum/Cablevision first got started, my monthly bills were about $30!!!!! 

Highlighted
Contributor

in 1983 when I hooked up I had all the premium channels, racing was either on espn, abc, daytona on cbs, 2 cable boxes and remotes, and my bill was 34 a month andf they promised when tvs were cable ready we wouldnt ever again have to rent cable boxes or remotes and our bill will go substantially lower. 30 plus years later I am stuck as the lied to junky and my "dealer" comcast has not kept one promise they ever  made. And like those "other" addicts, they tease us at first, get us hooked, prices go up, we get less for our fix and we sit and write 23 pages in their forum...that they ignore.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@JASBLUES wrote:

Apologies. As mentioned previously,  Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

Apologies. As mentioned previously, Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I would hazard a guess that most everyone on this forum is fairly "sharp"?

Does it go unnoticed that, according to the Comcast spokes person (Ted), NONE of these problems lie at the feet of the Ivory Tower in Philly. It's everyone else that is preventing Comcast from doing the right thing for their customers? If it wasn't for those ole meanies at Fox, Comcast would add FS2 to their national line up!

I'm positive that is correct, given the stellar ratings that Comcast has for Customer Support & Customer Relations in the past few years? What is not covered by NDA, are these national ratings.

I guess that it makes good business sense for Ted to tell us, if we want FS2 to go to the providers listed in earlier posts? Far be it that Comcast should give us the same service that these "other providers" are giving their subscribers!

Maybe this question is also covered by NDA : In the past 3 years, what has been the subscriber retention rate? What has been the subscriber growth rate? True growth rate Ted, NOT the added subscribers from acquisitions of other providers, but true subscriber growth.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For instance, with Comcast, I can pay a bit more for, say, Showtime or Spanish channels. 

Highlighted
New Poster

24 hours of Le Mans is on Fox Sports 2?

Please tell me Xfinity has Fox Sports 2!  I have all these channels I NEVER watch but have to pay for but don't have FS2?

Highlighted
Contributor

Gonna miss most of the Le Mans 24 hours for the first time in years. So on Monday I'll be calling and switching my provider. Buh-bye Comcast. When the retention manager cries about how much better Xfinity is than other providers, I'll just laugh.

This is why the Comcast/TW merger failed. Who wants an even bigger beauracracy telling us what we want to watch. I submit that FS2 would have bigger number if it weren't cut out of the largest set of households because of Xfinity.

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: 24 hours of Le Mans is on Fox Sports 2?

Removed as per the Forum Guidlines; http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Illegal Content posts, e.g. Pirated Software and/or requests, how-to's on obtaining any content without a legal purchase, will be removed. Posts with Illegal Activities such as circumventing Site Banning, e.g. Comcast Forums (Help or Community) will be removed. Duplicate or excessively repeated submissions in one or more areas in addition with circumventing Comcast Forum banning will result in immediate permanent banning. Please keep personal conversations in the Forums Private Messenger. This includes threads/messages aimed at only a select member or group of members, your personal forum status (leaving, arriving, rank, and warnings), other's personal forum status ("Where is ______?"), etc..

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Highlighted
New Poster

Race coverage on FS2

Well Comcast you've done it again. Another year that race fans get practically no coverage of sports car racing. The greatest endurance rece in the world is on today and the majority of the coverage is on FS2 (which we don't get) with minimal coverage on FS1. It was the same for the 24 hours of Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring. How long do your customers have to beg for FS2? Thanks for nothing, get a clue. I so miss Speedvision and COX cable. If the choice was available in our area Comcast would be nothing but a bad memory!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am tired of waiting for Comcast to offer Fox Sport 2, I have been waiting since the Speed 2 days.  I am changing service provider

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: FS2

welllll, wellll, wellll, after reading somewhere that I could watch Le Mans today on Fox Sports Go because Comcast here doesn't carry FS2, I dutifully and reluctantly loaded it onto my PC.  After giving up my privacy rights and having to login through a microsoft-approved account into my OWN pc, yes it made me change from a local account to a cloud account - gmail.com, I then find I cannot,  i repeat CANNOT view FS2 because I had to log into Comcast as part of the process.  I'm assuming because comcast (hmm, it won't let me post a bad word c o m m i e c a s t) (AND if I find out they donate to the clinton-crime foundation or the DNC, I'm dropping them and switching to something) doesn't carry FS2.  Sooo, I still cannot view Le Mans except when it's on FS1.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

I'm a long-time subscriber in Atlanta, GA. Please add the Fox Sports 2 HD network. It fits on channel 876 right below Fox Sports 1 HD at 875. Thanks!
Highlighted
New Poster

W/o FS2, I can't watch Ireland - Scotland. Can't even access it on FS Go!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

It sounds to me like the two tier choices then would be Digital Starter or Digital Preferred. Digital Starter is less expensive so I would imagine it has more subscribers, but that would also mean more customers would be impacted.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Comcast Ted will tell us anything to defend Comcast's actions (or in this, inaction). It's always somebody else's fault, isn't it, Ted. It's really telling that now Comcast is telling us to find different providers rather than have Comcast give us what we want. "Just sod off!", so to speak. Fox doesn't help either. They are trying to push the issue by scheduling everything we want to see on FS2. No wonder it's hard for racing teams to find sponsorship. For ten Euros, you can steam the complete 24 hours of LeMans on your computer, with no add breaks. Quite a race going on with 13h 48min to go. To tell the truth, I'd still be watching the stream even if I had FS2. Just one step closer to cutting the cable (if there were a way to stream NFL, & MLB, and FIFA soccer, I would already have done so). Comcast's service is just plain horrible.
Highlighted
New Poster

Ridiculous I pay all this money and can't get Fox Sports 2.  Can't wait till I can cut the cord on Comcast.  Basically a monopoly where I live.  Just a bunch of pompous jerks.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You got that right markdartj Comcast could careless about what consumers want. Ted is a nothing more then a mouth piece for the forums. Absolutely nothing gets accomplished here so it's just a vent site and nothing more. Nothing will change and FS2 will not happen on Comcast. Only way to get it is switching providers, which I will do also soon enough.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Missing all the Womens and under 22 World cups. Atleast get the video streaming version or something

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

markdartj wrote:  "Comcast is telling us to find different providers rather than have Comcast give us what we want. "Just sod off!", so to speak. Fox doesn't help either. They are trying to push the issue by scheduling everything we want to see on FS2."
You know, this whole thing between Comcast and Fox reminds me of a good ol' peein' contest. And the customers are the ones getting wet.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Race coverage on FS2

Completely agree, very angry to have the last hour of the race turn off to Moto GP. 

Comcast clearly does not giving a flying f about their customers and only about the bottom line. 

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

Then you need to hire better negotiators.  I'm sure you have enough money given that I'm spending ~$200 per month.  Based on your logic, why would Fox even let you have any of their channels?  This is a Comcast issue,not a Fox issue.  Comcast is a 10,000 pound gorilla just pushing people around.

Highlighted
Contributor

I looked at the Fox Sports 1 article on Wikipedia and I noticed this:

"Concerns by providers over the increasing costs for cable and satellite services for their customers (largely believed to be partly due to the higher fees commanded by certain sports channels) resulted in Fox backing off charging the 80¢ per subscriber rate, instead charging the same 23¢ rate that those providers paid to carry Speed."

That sounds to me like Fox charges Comcast $.23 per subscriber for Fox Sports 1. Since ESPN charges less for ESPN2 than ESPN, I would imagine Fox would charge less than $.23 for Fox Sports 2.

My parents and I pay for a triple play. I wouldn't mind a less than $.20 increase on the bill for Comcast to carry Fox Sports 2.
Highlighted
New Poster

fox sports 2 & mavtv

are you going toget fox sports 2 and mavtv or when.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am a loyal Nascar fan of 20+ years.  I am also an Xfinity Comcast customer.  Here is the situation.  This upcoming weekend, 6-20-15 & 6-21-15, ALL Nascar practices AND qualifying are on.....Fox Sports 2.  Well, Xfinity does not provide Fox Sports 2 in the Kansas City market.  I am willing to pay for the channel, but it's NOT available on ANY Xfinity package in the Kansas City market.  So, Xfinity, are you telling me that I have to switch to Direct TV so I can watch the Nascar Xfinity Series on TV?  Xfinity is paying 10s of Millions of dollars for the naming rights to the Nascar Xfinity Series, but Xfinity can't even make the channel that THEIR OWN SPONSORED SERIES IS RACING ON available to its customers?  UNBELIEVABLE!   You can't afford to make a channel available to your customers in any package at any price, but you can afford to spend 10s of Millions of dollars sponsoring the race series on the channel you are NOT making available to your customers?  Who is in charge of marketing and programming for Xfinity, Mickey Mouse?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: fox sports 2 & mavtv

I don't know about the other channel, but from what I've read Comcast has no plans to add Fox Sports 2 nationwide.
Highlighted
New Poster

Why does Comcast/Xfinity continue to refuse to carry FOX Sports 2?

Why does Comcast/Xfinity continue to refuse to carry FOX Sports 2?

Other than being a monopoly, and not wanting any competition for Comcast's and NBC's (which is owned by Comcast) sports channels?

This has been an issue on the Comcast forums for over three years and there is no response, no answer, nothing from Comcast about any resolution other than (apparently) to claim that "If enough people request it, Comcast will carry it."

How does someone request that Comcast carry FOX Sports 2? Where, specifically, and how?

At this point the only real response to this monopoly abuse of power is to contact your local county franchise authority (this is the local public agency that allows Comcast to continue its monopoly), your local county representatives, and your State and Federal representatives and start agitating to end Comcast's monopoly control.

In my case, I'm contacting my local KCIT, Office of Cable Communications, here:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/operations/it/cable.aspx

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast/Xfinity continue to refuse to carry FOX Sports 2?

And I've just completed the cable service survey my local franchise authority (the King County Office of Cable Communications (OCC)) offers, here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DSNGCVY

Comcast -- as a monopoly -- did not fare well in my responses.

Highlighted
New Poster

"How do you expect this business model to work?"

Comcast/Xfinity is a monopoly. Where you live, how many other cable networks can you subscribe to? Two? Four? Zero?

The concept of a "Business model" applies only to businesses that operate in a competitive economic environment.

Cable companies (monopolies) do not.

There is no "Business model". Monopolies do what ever they want. Comcast does what ever it wants.

In this case, FOX is not willing to pay the exortion that Comcast demands to carry FOX Sports 2.

And FOX really could care less about its customers, since it's only interested in turning a profit also.

#ComcastCares #ComcastDOESNTCare #ComcastDoesntHaveToCare #ComcastIsAMonopoly

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I used the term "business model" to get the idea across, I could have said "way of doing business", but that sounds, in my mind, awkward, and really it is not important to my opinion.  Funny, after years of classes in economics before I got the degree from the university I attended, we never spent time parsing over the destinction of "Business Model" vs "Monopoly".  Sure, we discussed both, but they were never discussed in an either/or context.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Actually, Comcast isn't a monopoly, strictly speaking -- it's true that you have no other cable company to choose from, you have no choice as to what cable company is available in your area, but they're not the only choice you have for TV service.....as they keep pointing out.

I worked for the phone company back in the pre-divestiture days (pre-1980s), and that was truly a monopoly. You had no other choice for phone service, period. Didn't like Mother Bell's service? Your alternative was to go without a phone.

One thing that is true, however, is that Comcast just doesn't care.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Post by Juan_de_Vashon removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please keep things clean and civil here and refrain from bypassing the filter. Thank you.