Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???

Approved solution? LOL!  How is this "solved"?  The only solution is to make FOX SPORTS 2 available to those who want it. Period.

 

"Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses."

 

Comcast had no problem with "equipment and such..." when they foisted Al Jazeera TV off on us, did they?  How is that bandwidth use working out for you now?

 

Comcast is so afraid of increasing costs, because they will lose customers; Why are they not afraid of losing customers who are just plain tired of being gouged for what they already have, and cannot watch what they want to, because the "bandwidth" is taken up with so so many krap channels that nobody watches, but we have to pay for, in order to watch our team play, or "Game of Thrones"?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???


@markdartj wrote:

Approved solution? LOL!  How is this "solved"?  The only solution is to make FOX SPORTS 2 available to those who want it. Period.

 

"Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses."

 

Comcast had no problem with "equipment and such..." when they foisted Al Jazeera TV off on us, did they?  How is that bandwidth use working out for you now?

 

Comcast is so afraid of increasing costs, because they will lose customers; Why are they not afraid of losing customers who are just plain tired of being gouged for what they already have, and cannot watch what they want to, because the "bandwidth" is taken up with so so many krap channels that nobody watches, but we have to pay for, in order to watch our team play, or "Game of Thrones"?  


Apologies, not sure how that was marked as the solution. I removed that designation. 

 

Condensed version on Al Jazerra America below:

 

Al Jazeera America was formerly Current. Comcast had a distribution contract with Current. Current was sold to Al Jazeera America and that existing contract carried over to the new ownership.

Some more background here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_TV

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???

That is a bunch of typical BS used by various carriers to justify a lack of service. The cost of carrying a channel such as Fox Sports 2 would be pennies. It would certainly be much less than $1. Adding $1 to the sports package would not cause them to lose any customers. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???


@fingerstim wrote:

That is a bunch of typical BS used by various carriers to justify a lack of service. The cost of carrying a channel such as Fox Sports 2 would be pennies. It would certainly be much less than $1. Adding $1 to the sports package would not cause them to lose any customers. 


As mentioned previously, our current contract with Fox does not allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package, as much as we would like to do that. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

And yet we mention yet again for the 1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over to FS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David's GEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sure COMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving us FS2 as promised 18+ months ago.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@Jalpa_Mike wrote:
And yet we mention yet again for the1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over toFS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David'sGEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sureCOMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving usFS2 as promised 18+ months ago.

Fox Sports 2 was added in areas where it replaced Fuel. Apologies again that Fox has made decisions to move some of their more popular programing over to their least distributed cable network.

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:
And yet we mention yet again for the1000th time.... COMCAST's own press release from August of 2013, where they (not us), specially stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming to our cable line-up when SPEED went away. A bunch of programming moved over toFS2 when the transition occurred (i.e. Stacey David'sGEARZ). I sure didn't see a drop in my cable bill when all these shows went away. But I am sureCOMCAST will have no problem raising the bill once they finally start giving usFS2 as promised 18+ months ago.

Fox Sports 2 was added in areas where it replaced Fuel. Apologies again that Fox has made decisions to move some of their more popular programing over to their least distributed cable network.

 

 


Ted,

 

No need to apologize for Fox. You REALLY need to "man up" and apologize for Comcast though!!! I do believe that in the "original" press release there was no statement to the fact of ONLY adding FS2 where it was replacing Fuel???? Would you be so kind as to repost the press release for those that have come onto this thread in, oh let's say maybe the past 18 months and are unaware of the press release made all the way back in 2013????

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@lipstickcat wrote:

I don't understand why FS2 is only available in some areas since it is a nationwide,not local,station? And Xfinity is a Nascar sponsor! How & why is such a deal made? There's even a petition on Fox Sports Race Hub site, which I signed, to get FS2! So it all comes back to Comcast.


Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider. 


Hi Ted,

 

You bring up an interesting subject. You state "Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider." Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract" and how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2? Is it not true that when the contractual period is terminated, that Comcast has no plans , at this time, to continue making FS2 available in these markets?

 

 


We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

 

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

 

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

 

 


Ted,

 

Maybe you didn't understand the questions?

 

#1

Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract"

 

#2

how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2?

 

Thanks for your attention with these questions.

 

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@lipstickcat wrote:

I don't understand why FS2 is only available in some areas since it is a nationwide,not local,station? And Xfinity is a Nascar sponsor! How & why is such a deal made? There's even a petition on Fox Sports Race Hub site, which I signed, to get FS2! So it all comes back to Comcast.


Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider. 


Hi Ted,

 

You bring up an interesting subject. You state "Some of these could be contractual obligations inherited from the previous cable provider." Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract" and how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2? Is it not true that when the contractual period is terminated, that Comcast has no plans , at this time, to continue making FS2 available in these markets?

 

 


We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

 

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

 

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

 

 


Ted,

 

Maybe you didn't understand the questions?

 

#1

Would you be so kind as to tell us how many of these markets have FS2 because of a "Legacy Contract"

 

#2

how many markets FS2 was actually added to the lineup without a legacy contract dictating that Comcast MUST carry FS2?

 

Thanks for your attention with these questions.

 


I understood the question. Our programming contracts, details and subscriber numbers by network are confidential and proprietary information as per our current agreement and contract with these networks. 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Ted,

 

Thanks for the reply. When all else fails, claim "National Security", hey it works for the politicians, so why not for you also!!!!  I would have expected no other answer from Comcast. I think readers & posters to this thread have a good view of where the problem lays it's ugly head.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

+1

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Well TED, I wrote them (Fox Sports) again. So this thread continues with no end in sight. Can both sides agree on something? It is called compromise.

 

Surely, two big corporations have people that do this for them. You guys sound like the U.S talking to Iran. Come on, there has got to be an arbitrator that can get the problem handled. This has got to be easier than the UAW negotiating with GM, Ford or Chrysler.

 

We all have seen the same rhetoric for about two years. Can both sides get together and finally put this to an end? This is not rocket science, we are not sending people to the Moon or Mars here. Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care. 

 

Thanks again to COMCAST TEDS for at least trying to explain the corporate culture that may be the root of this problem.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Heck, i'll chip in for the first round of beers if we could lock them in a room and get down to the business of serving their consumers

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)



@Janstheman wrote:

Well TED, I wrote them (Fox Sports) again. So this thread continues with no end in sight. Can both sides agree on something? It is called compromise.

 

Surely, two big corporations have people that do this for them. You guys sound like the U.S talking to Iran. Come on, there has got to be an arbitrator that can get the problem handled. This has got to be easier than the UAW negotiating with GM, Ford or Chrysler.

 

We all have seen the same rhetoric for about two years. Can both sides get together and finally put this to an end? This is not rocket science, we are not sending people to the Moon or Mars here. Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care. 

 

Thanks again to COMCAST TEDS for at least trying to explain the corporate culture that may be the root of this problem.


Janstheman,

 

To have compromise or negotiating, you need at least one of the parties to "want" to participate! In this case neither party wants to come to the table. The only reason that Comcast would come to the table is to customers requests. Well, we all know where Comcast places on the "Customer Satisfaction Charts"? If the chart is 3 pages long, Comcast is on the 4th page!!!! AT THE BOTTOM. Well known fact, Comcast has been last for the past 3 or 4 years! Does that tell you something??? Pigs will be flying in formation & inverted when Comcast places in the top 25% for customer care satisfaction!!!

 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

Ted,

 

Thanks for the reply. When all else fails, claim "National Security", hey it works for the politicians, so why not for you also!!!!  I would have expected no other answer from Comcast. I think readers & posters to this thread have a good view of where the problem lays it's ugly head.


Not really "national security" but rather a typical non-disclosure clause that is fairly standard for these types of contracts. Certainly not a situation unique to Comcast. 

 

For the curious, Wikipedia has an approximate number of total Fox Sports 2 households (from February 2015)...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_2

 

as well as their approximate numbers for Fox Sports 1:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

 

For those not wanting to click through:

FS1 = 84 million households (74% US HH) 

FS2 = 45 million households (39% of US HH)

 

 

Above are total numbers (estimates) from wikipedia and are not Comcast numbers or percentages.

 

ESPN and ESPN2 (as a comparison) both look to be at 94 million households (81% of US HHs). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN2


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@Ctstreetrodder wrote:


@Janstheman wrote:

Well TED, I wrote them (Fox Sports) again. So this thread continues with no end in sight. Can both sides agree on something? It is called compromise.

 

Surely, two big corporations have people that do this for them. You guys sound like the U.S talking to Iran. Come on, there has got to be an arbitrator that can get the problem handled. This has got to be easier than the UAW negotiating with GM, Ford or Chrysler.

 

We all have seen the same rhetoric for about two years. Can both sides get together and finally put this to an end? This is not rocket science, we are not sending people to the Moon or Mars here. Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care. 

 

Thanks again to COMCAST TEDS for at least trying to explain the corporate culture that may be the root of this problem.


Janstheman,

 

To have compromise or negotiating, you need at least one of the parties to "want" to participate! In this case neither party wants to come to the table. The only reason that Comcast would come to the table is to customers requests. Well, we all know where Comcast places on the "Customer Satisfaction Charts"? If the chart is 3 pages long, Comcast is on the 4th page!!!! AT THE BOTTOM. Well known fact, Comcast has been last for the past 3 or 4 years! Does that tell you something??? Pigs will be flying in formation & inverted when Comcast places in the top 25% for customer care satisfaction!!!

 


I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing. 

 

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned previously, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network. 

 

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@Janstheman wrote:

Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care.  


Believe me, people would notice and care.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Janstheman wrote:

Even if COMCAST raised everyone's rates by a dollar to get Fox Sports 2, I doubt that nobody would notice or care.  


Believe me, people would notice and care.  


Ted,

 

They would not care, squat one , IF Comcast would pay attention to their customer relations numbers, fix same, and I firml;y believe there would not be a ground swell of opposition. If Comcast would simply pay attention to basic Customer Care, your life would be a happy one, rather then trying to defend them in threads like this one that have now gone on for not months BUT years! You are fighting uphill, UNTIL, Comcast addresses the Customer Relations problems, that are legendary in the cable business!!! Comcast is in a service business. Provide the service & your customer base will be strong. Comcast has been losing market share for what, maybe the last 3 years. If Comcast would raise the custonmer satisfaction level, there would be no room for Verizion etc. , etc. .

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Cstreet, you just voiced the whole argument in a nutshell.  I haven't stuck with Comcast out of a strong sense of loyalty or even because I appreciate their product.  Because of my living situation, Comcast has what is a monopoly.  Basically, if I want to watch my team play, or many of the forms of autosports I like, and of course "Game of Thrones", I have to have Comcast.

 

      In truth, I loathe this business arraingement.  I loathe COMCAST.  I tell anyone who has a choice, do not, I repeat, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR COMCAST.  

What I really hate is whenever I call them, which I do fairly often (To get FOX SPORTS 2 added), They taunt me by telling me I'm one of their most appreciated customers (or something along that line; I try to tune it out).  
If I were indeed appreciated, Comcast's customer "service" (I use that term loosely) would actually be responsive to my requests.  At the bare minimum, they would at least have a CLUE as to what the issue is.  After two years, heading for three, even the janitor who sweeps the floor knows that getting FOX SPORTS 2 is not just a matter of "Go to your cable box and get me the serial number".

 

Comcast has instead, devoted their resouces to building the biggest opaque firewall between corporate decisions and the public whom they "serve" (again, there is NO service, I'm just using the word as an approved place holder).  If they used those resources to instead improve, or at least establish a bare minimum level of "service" to the people who pay Comcast, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Looking at those figures, FS1 is doing well considering it's a fairly new channel. The only reason FS2 is not doing as well is because it's not available to the same amount of people! You can't compare either of them to ESPN or  ESPN2 because they've both been around a long time, are an established brand, & are available to everyone!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@lipstickcat wrote:

Looking at those figures, FS1 is doing well considering it's a fairly new channel. The only reason FS2 is not doing as well is because it's not available to the same amount of people! You can't compare either of them to ESPN or  ESPN2 because they've both been around a long time, are an established brand, & are available to everyone!


Agreed. Just showing that the overall distribution of Fox Sports 2 is much lower than the others. That helps to illustrate that Comcast is not the only video provider that is not currently offering this channel in all locations. 
What do you hear from Fox regarding this? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:

Agreed. Just showing that the overall distribution of Fox Sports 2 is much lower than the others. That helps to illustrate that Comcast is not the only video provider that is not currently offering this channel in all locations. 
What do you hear from Fox regarding this? 

 

Not it does not! All it does illustrate is that out of the major providers Comcast are the only ones not offering FS2. FS2 is available nationwide on the other major providers. This is a trend for Comcast. All the numbers show is that Comcast have a lot more subscribers than the other providers and you not carrying a channel takes a big chunk out of their numbers. You know that and that's why you drive a hard bargain and that's why like with other popular channels your customers ask for, you are almost certainly the last to carry them. 

 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

We certainly understand your passion. Just trying to share some facts.

What do you hear from Fox regarding this?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:
The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

We certainly understand your passion. Just trying to share some facts.

 

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

 

 

 

 


@ComcastTeds wrote:
What do you hear from Fox regarding this?

 

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@SePokoSa wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:
The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

We certainly understand your passion. Just trying to share some facts.

 

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

 

 

 

 


@ComcastTeds wrote:
What do you hear from Fox regarding this?

 

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.


Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

 

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.
 

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

 

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

 

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

 

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

 

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

 

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

 

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted in error, deleted. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

As I have seen it with other providers:

 

Time Warner Cable: Universally carries Fox Sports 2, only offers it in HD in a few western markets.

Charter: Universally offers Fox Sports 2 in SD and HD throughout its footprint.

Cox: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Cablevision: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Bright House Networks: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Mediacom: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Suddenlink: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

 

DirecTV: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Dish Network: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

AT&T U-Verse: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Verizon FiOS: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

CenturyLink Prism: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

RCN: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

WOW: Offers the network in SD, but not HD.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Well, isn't that interesting!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@ComcastTeds wrote:
Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

 

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.
 

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

 

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

 

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

 

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

 

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

 

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

 

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 


 

 

Ted, I got to give it to you. At least you are honest and state that if we want FS2 our best bet is to switch provider or find a pub/resto that have FS2. I bet you Fado Irish Pub does not have Comcast as their service provider. Thank you for doing your part in conveying our demands to your programmign department.

On FS2 availability from other providers, I don't care what math you use, the fact of the matter is like drhull posted above, all the other major providers offer FS2 to their customers nationwide, from coast to coast. I know because I have done my research since my lease is about to come to an end in a couple months and let's just say I will not be calling Comcast Movers Edge, when I move out of this place.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

The FIFA Women's World cup starts a week from Saturday, and is exclusive to Fox Sports. This includes 7 games of the group stage that are only on Fox Sports 2.

 

My only option in New Hampshire is Comcast and have no where to mount a sattelite. Please Comcast add Fox Sports 2 HD before Saturday June 6, 2015 so we don't miss 20% of the first round.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Speculation on my part: I think Fox Sports 2, which used to be Fuel, will end up coming to Comcast…and throughout all systems. The rebranding of that programmer (Fox Sports 1 used to be Speed/Speed Channel/Speedvision) has, I think, been most critical to bringing it in. I think Comcast, like other cable operators, may have some specific details to work out in contractual agreements. Comcast, like other cable operators (you name them!), may not necessarily have a consistent contract (for a given programmer) covering all systems of service. Maybe there are numerous programmers that are consistent, in contractual details, covering all Comcast systems of service. (I would guess that to be the case with some of those most highly viewed from basic and premium movie programmers.) But, my guess is that Fox Sports 2 was probably more difficult when it was still Fuel. Perhaps, now that Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 have been established for a while (they both launched in 2013; this summer marks the two-year anniversary for both), a clearer path to negotiating carriage will become successful for those MSOs who do not yet have Fox Sports 1 and/or Fox Sports 2. I think the additions of anything Fox-related (like Fox Deportes) may be an encouraging sign. (Please keep in mind: this is "speculation.")

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Comcast is a business, so it's all about the money. My simpiler speculation is that Comcast, in the interest of more profit, could find a poorly performing channel to replace with Fox Sports 2, and perhaps risk a little more money to see if it provided a better return on investment. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

To be honest, I am very furious with Comcast. We here in Delaware County, PA can not get Fox Sports 2. I have to watch the Nigeria/Brazil game on NBC Universo(no surprise). However, If you go up to the Manyunk and University City sections of Philadelphia, you can get Fox Sports 2. Fox 29's picture quality in Philadelphia has significantly degraded here also. It is very fuzzy. My main problem is, Why can't Fox Sports 2 be available across all of Comcast's footprint? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

 

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)


@SeattleJeepMatt wrote:

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

 

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 


SeattleJeep,

 

You said "If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2".

 

It's a minor point but the more correct statement is that Comcast "must carry FS2" as it is a legacy contract and Comcast has no way of dropping them. UNTIL the contract is over & then the plot will thicken! If you go back and read my post to Ted, asking him how many service areas had FS2 because of just this type of "legacy contract" and how many service areas had Comcast ADDED FS2 to the existing lineup, I believe  you find there was not a real answer to my question. I have it from a "reliable inside source" that there has been no service area that FS2 has been added & what Comcast is saying are added service areas, are in fact legacy contract service areas, that are preexisting or newly acquired. 

 

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

 

 

 

Highlighted
New Poster

FS2

Are we EVER going to get Fox Sports 2???

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FS2

It appears that Comcast doesn't care that many of the Women's World Cup games are on Fox Sports 2, which Comcast STILL won't carry in places like Eastern Massachusetts. One might wonder what would have happened if the same had happened to the Men's World Cup ... just a thought.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: FS2

Yep. Still no FS2 so we miss WWC matches.  #comcastdoesntcare

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 1 channel and Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) - Loss of Speed Channel

I have been very disapointed with Fox in general for changing the most watched SPEED channel and getting rid of it all together while making a new channel called Fox Sports One.  It  is not really Comcast's fault.  If you look at it, now Comcast has to carry two channels for us to watch all the stuff that used to be on one Speed channel.  Fox should have never done that to all the Nascar fans out there.

 

However, that being said, Comcast has plenty of room to add Fox Sports Two.  Millions of people watch Nascar every year, 75 Million to be exact, Comcast is missing the boat and should pick up Fox Sports Two as many other providers are doing now. 

 

Comcast is TOO BIG and does not care about the 75 Million people that watch Nascar every year, they just care about the 22 Million people that subscribe to their subscription services.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 1 channel and Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) - Loss of Speed Channel

you know you're right, and you're wrong. Comcast ted is a shill, comcast allows this thread but otherwise ignores it. They know the only way you get fs2 with dish is to get the xtra package or higher. In most areas of the us Comcast does not offer fs2 - period. I dont care about soccer or football or baseball. I will watch the stanley cup tonight as a fickle chicago fan otherwise dotn care about hockey or basketball. I like AUTO racing. A week ago friday they interrupted nascar practice to show the extensive coverage of sepp bladder re-accepting his presidency for fifa and laughing at the corruption,. Mid week he resigns. Yet we cant get back the missed nascar coverage.  ABC and espn gradually got bad on auto racing coverage. NBC sports came along and bought a good channel covering indy car and renamed it nbc sports like fox sports took speed and renamed it fx1 ands then split a lot of other racing, plus all the mavtiv is on fs2 - which few anywhere get. I can now see formula one on nbc sports. FS1 has nascar race hub and nbc sports has nascar america. In a month fox covering nascar on sundays will switch to nbc the rest of the season. My rub is why nascar turns a blind eye to comcast and cares about the money so lets them buy the naming rights to the mid tier racing series, while ignoring that customers dont get fox sports 2. I realize this isnt just comcasts fault - it is squarely on fox for messing up the speed channel in the first place. But to get fox sports one I am stuck with dozens of football, basketball, golf and tennis channels. As I write an arca race (sort of entry level nascar) is on fox sports 2. fox sports 1 on saturdays covers baseball and all auto racing dumped to fs2. So comcast customers see none. I just wrote Comcast. I am a 30 years customer, I am also unemployed a lONG time and as comcast has taken it all, I no longer have 150 a month (after many negotiations down from over 300 a month) to have the digital basic plan to get fox sports 1 but missing a lot of channels like local weather, discovery health and science channel and more. I might get a standalone of dish extra to get fox sports one and two for about 30 bucks a month. I can get home telephone from walmart basic talk 9.95 a month. Comcasts NEW customer internet is 14.99 a month - if they will give me that and no more equipment rentals - it is the best internet deal going. yes it goes up after a year. I might simply buy a tv antenna and watch the 30 plus free local chicago area channnels. I will miss nascar and indy car and fformula one - a LOT. So litytle of it anymore is on traditional network channels (abc, cbs, nbc, fox). I gre up seeing it go from wide world of sports once a month if that to in the 80s cbs covered the daytona 500 and a lot of nascar was on abc and some on espn - back when espn was into auto racing. I wrote in this thread when it was under ten pages - two plus years ago,. UNLESS fox makes peace with comcast and the satellite providers, or dish start to offer it in the LOWER tgier packages, comcast is all about making sure their packages are similar to competition. Why should they offer fox sports two if no one else does. Comcast true, dos NOT care about nascar fans all 75 milloion of them - I have been a nascar fan since 1960 (not a typo - more than 55 years). Yet they bought the nascar naming rights to the nationwide series as if to suggest they embrace nascar. NO - they dont. They bought nbc years back and want to maximize their exposure with nbc now into nascqar coverage. So that is 75 million nascar fans they dont care about, plus how many formula one and indy car fans - except those are televised - for now. But to say they care about their 22 million customers - as a soon to be 3 decades plus EX comcast customer - I can assure despite lip service from the newbie 800 number call center clerks at comcast - otherwise NO ONE at any level of comcast cares about customers, not at tom karinshaks office ("ask tom") not at Brian roberts office (the ceo) or any other level. Comcast like time warer, and att and dish care about eh bottom line and that their deals are at least similar to competition.l Customer service let alone happy customers - you're in la la land. No doubt comcast ted will block this if not right away, soon after its posted. But at least I took the time to state what I know to be facts.

 

PS sorry for the length, I tried hard to not particularly bash comcast just to state what my 3 decades of experiences with comcast says and I TIRED to spell check - I can spell, but my fingers type faster and out of order of what my brain hopes will show on screen - not dyslexic but it does of course look as if I were.)

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!

Are you kidding me? No Fox Sports 2? So we're going to miss a bunch of the women's World Cup matches because Comcast won't get this channel?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!

Comcast has only ever carried this channel in former Adelphia, Suscom or areas that were transferred from Time Warner Cable when that company partnered with Comcast to purchase Adelphia's assets.

 

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!


@drhull wrote:

 

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.


Just to clarify the above.... 

 

ONLINE ACCESS

 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

 

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Actually, the term is "COMCAST CARE-LESS, or COMCAST CARES LESS

Highlighted
New Poster

Channel

Would you PLEASE get FS2!!!! Pretty good you sponser NASCAR and can't even watch some of the programs

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will we be getting Fox Sports 2. I'm missing a lot of my NASCAR items as well as other sports events...I was wondering when Comcast will be adding the channel??? Or if anyone else out there wants this channel added?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Once again missed Cup qualifying because Comcast will not add Fox Sports 2.  You would think since Infinity is a NASCAR sponser they would carry all NASCAR events.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No FS2 - seriously now, for what we're paying?!!!!

Comcast can keep the 3 dozen foreign language channels and the dozen shopping channels if they'll just give me back the RFD channel and put Fox Sports 2, FS2 in their lineup.  I've got the big package because I wanted the NFL red zone.  Have you seen what congress is dithering on about regarding build your own package, and that foolish offering that one of the satellite dish companies has put together - will cost next to nothing if you only watch local stations and a few fringe channels, but if you want to watch Fox or ESPN or BBCA watch the price jump.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

If Comcast doesn't want it, the customer wanting it doesn't matter. There have been statements made by Comcast executives that if customers want channels that Comcast doesn't carry, they are welcome to subscribe to other TV providers that do carry them. In other words, "if you don't like it, leave." Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?