ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Today The Cup practice was on FXSPT2

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the update

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

BTW...  Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

It’s not a deal breaker – after all, Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN, which will air NASCAR next season – but it’s a stumbling block for sure. Fox Sports 2 is only available in 37 million homes and most relevant for this story, Comcast Xfinity does not carry the channel. It wouldn’t come as a complete shock if suddenly Comcast began carrying FS2 by the time the NASCAR season begins next year. And that would be welcome news for Fox, who desperately needs to increase distribution for the channel. If that’s indeed the case, the new NASCAR TV deal would be a bigger win for Fox than they may have initially realized.

There was also another interesting quote in the USA Today story that piqued my interest.

Comcast’s Peter Intermaggio said one of the company’s goals was for fans to be able to access content on a variety of platforms and devices. No details were offered as to how that technology might be used.

This seems like your basic executive speak, but considering the prevalence of streaming apps, could something new be in the works between Comcast and NASCAR? Perhaps an all-encompassing, free-to-Comcast-subscribers NASCAR portal could be in the works, making use of Comcast’s ownership of NBC and the monstrous, multi-billion media deal they signed with Fox a year or so ago.

We’ll see what ends up happening, but this sponsorship deal is more than just slapping a new name on the same product. It could have some very tangible effects on the wider sports media landscape.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Due to this (FS2) and Comcast general lack of customer serivce in my area, I have an appointment this afternoon to have Direct TV installed..   See you on the other side..

S

Contributor

• 

220 Messages

9 years ago

@telcodad wrote:

@captainfish wrote:

well with all the great new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

Yeah, see the posts also about this in this thread over on the X1 board:

NASCAR Fans

An article on the MCN site today about this enhancement to the X1 Sports App:

Comcast Gears Up For NASCAR
Expands X1 Sports App, Revs Up More VOD Content

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - February 19, 2015

http://www.multichannel.com/news/interactive-tv/comcast-gears-nascar/388170

However, there's no mention about Comcast not carrying FS2 in most of their markets.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

@karenalex wrote:

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

I have FS2 on the Digital Preferred tier here in Eastern Mass. It's in SD not HD.  I had it long before I switched to X1.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

what channel in eastern MA? I live in Boston and I can't find it...I have the top of the line package for cable excluding TMC

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Why can't we get Fox Sports 2 for all the great soccer games? Xfinity seems like they're always the last to get on board.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Come on, it's about time for FS2. Are you waiting to make it a PPV channel?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Fox Sports 2 is a necessity for Supercross.  I may have to find a provider that will provide what I need if I cannot get that here.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I see the Butler basketball game on Saturday 2/28 is on Fox Sports 2. That means because I am a comcast customer I will not be able to watch it unless I find a sports bar. I pay Comcast almost $300 per month for my triple play. I have had about all I can take and will be making calls to other carriers on Monday.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Contributor

• 

220 Messages

9 years ago

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

I agree and if they really gave a S%#7 it would of been resolved a long time ago . I did not say to much last NASCAR season figuring by the 2015 season I would have it . I am missing the first live FS2 broadcast from Daytona as I type . I only need to ask one more question now to DIRECT TV and I have one triple play that will be gone

BTW, we're not alone, as it looks like AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports programing now:

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games

By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com – March 2, 2015

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox030215.htm

“AT&T's U-Verse TV customers could not watch a NASCAR race and a Big East college basketball game over the weekend on Fox Sports 1 due to a fee fight between the companies.

The blackout confused many U-Verse subscribers because the Fox Sports 1 channel remains in AT&T's lineup, minus the missing events. Fox Sports 1 is asking the telco for extra fees to carry certain events on the sports network, including NASCAR Xfinity series races, Big East basketball games and United States Golf Association tournaments.

Fox says that if AT&T won't pay, it will lose access to those events. The select blackout started Saturday with the broadcast of the NASCAR Xfinity race.

AT&T blasted the demand for extra fees, setting up a web page that says: "While it's important for us that we provide our customers with the content they want, we are continuously working to keep our costs down. And we don't believe it is reasonable to pass on the added costs of carrying this programming to our customers."

AT&T also took a shot at the events that will be blacked out, saying their "viewership is low for all three."

Fox Sports 1 has also posted a web page alerting AT&T customers that they could lose access to the NASCAR races, college basketball games, golf tournaments and some soccer matches.”

While Comcast and Fox had signed that “comprehensive programming agreement" back in February 2013:

Fox and Comcast Announce Comprehensive Programming Agreement

Comcast Voices blog - February 12, 2013

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/fox-and-comcast-announce-comprehensive-programming-agreement

This is also why we probably don’t have FS2 yet:

“The fight over rising sports fees is nothing new in the industry. But it is unusual, albeit not unique, for a programmer to ask a TV provider for additional fees after the original carriage agreement was signed. Fox Sports 1 obtained the rights to these events after it signed its deal with AT&T and therefore says the telco should now pay more to air them.”

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Fuel TV doesnt seem like a great match for fox sports picks since they specialize in showing surfing, biking, and more extreme sports where as Fox Sports is known predominantly for its Major League Baseball deal and they are trying to regain momentum and pick up more Basketball and collegiate football matches.

I would see Comcast (parent company of NBC) being a better suitor for acquiring Fuel since they are so diverse.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here