Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Scurry7,

I have comcast with NBC Universal sports but I don't have FS2 as of yet. I understand it is all hung up in different contracts per region.I sent a nice email to the guy in charge and received a reply by an assistant who assured me the main guy would be getting in touch with me asap. Needless to say No reply. I'm still waiting for NFL Ticket which was supposed to be available to other Cable/Dish networks after 2009.Never happened.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@telcodad wrote:

Well, now that Comcast has signed a 10-year agreement to be the new title sponsor of the formerly-named NASCAR "Nationwide Series," the hope is that Comcast will start carrying FS2 in all of their markets this year, in order to provide full coverage of the (now-named) "Xfinity Series."

See: http://racing.ap.org/article/xfinity-has-bold-plans-nascar-coverage

Well time will tell!!!! Comcast has a very short time to get  this "deal" put together. My money is that they will do nothing and flush their customers down the drain. "As usual"

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Fox Sports 2

In Eastern Mass I have Fox Sports 2 in SD as part of the Digital Preferred tier- on channel 177..

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

Please consider supplying Comcast subscribers with Fox Sports 2. As a Nascar fan, many of the race programming will be televised on Fox Sports 2, including special shows dealing with the Sprint Cup series, as well as the Xfinity series. One would think Comcast would be covering its own Xfinity series.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My bill went up here in NJ. They added a fee to broadcast the sports channels but still no FS2!!! They sponsor Nascar but won't be showing all the action. I can only hope most of it will be on the NBC channels because I get all of them.

Highlighted
New Poster

No one knows if Comcast or Fox is holding up FS2 on Comcast. These are two corporations who can't agree on the terms for Comcast to carry FS2. It is probably some combibation of the cost per customer, the teir the channel will be on, how many minutes per hour Comcast can use for local advertising, etc.

But. since it seems since Fox came to terms with every other TV service provider, one would suspect Comcast is being the unreasonable party here.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Like in the past, when FOX broadcast the first part of the season (up through the spring Dover race), then it went to TNT, and picked up by ESPN for the end, This year, races will be on FOX until July 4th weekend, at which time NBC picks up the broadcast.  This is for Sprint Cup.  Not sure if ESPN will continue to cover the Xfinity series the whole season, like in the past.  At any rate, don't look for any NASCAR programming (besides promos) to appear on NBC channels until July.  Not sure if COMCAST/Xfinity is in any hurry to settle this glaring omission, as ESPN has traditionally covered Busch/Nationwide/now Xfinity series.  The truck series will probably still be on FOX, so look for a lot of that programming to be on FS2.  It seems like, despite knowing that millions do not have access to FS2, FOX continues to put racing programming there just to keep pressure on COMCAST.  In the meantime, for around $30.00, you can have access to every Australian V-8 Supercar quali/race to stream online.  Best thing about that is no commercials.  Also all events are archived, so you can watch whenever.

Highlighted
New Poster

we are getting poor servicve all around with comcast. Slow speed high prices and no fox sports 2 --  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My wife has wanted Direct TV for a long time . Maybe its time I give in . I feel we have all waited long enough . I guess the speed channel made it to easy for us here in South Jersey .

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Given the most recent news, we should watch the negative postings we do here about no FS2 coverage???? We just might get a name change!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You can also voice your displeasure to the Xfinity TV and sports Twitter accts. throw in Foxsports also. Quit a bit of mad customers tweet directly, more publicity then this thread.<br>I have sent a few in and guess who replies direct messages back? DirectTv reps! No lies. They want Xfinity customers, especially ones upset with <br>Comcast/Xfinity.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Denztoi wrote:
You can also voice your displeasure to the Xfinity TV and sports Twitter accts. throw in Foxsports also. Quit a bit of mad customers tweet directly, more publicity then this thread.<br>I have sent a few in and guess who replies direct messages back? DirectTv reps! No lies. They want Xfinity customers, especially ones upset with <br>Comcast/Xfinity.

Denztoi,

I have to wait another 3 months until my "Promo Rate" ends & then I'll reach out to someone. I'd pay $1K right now to have Fios on my street, but thats not going to happen in the near future!!!!   ;-(    I would go with Fios in a heart beat!!! At the very least, I would be getting HD and not the dumb down HD Comcast puts down their  wire!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I hear you, I have the X1 service and have to hit up Twitter to find out about the outages because everything is lost when the 'cable goes out' !! I think this forum is just to train ComcastTeds around the nation for the inevitable CSR phone calls they get.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

well with all the grate new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 - only Comcast Xfinity would do this!  It's bad enough I have to pay more than $242 for their service, and when I really want to watch a program, they don't carry it.  Get with it and stop giving us nothing for nothing!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

NO to

Comcast doesn'd carry FOX Sports 2 for the MAJORITY of its customers.   Just not availablie in "MOST AREAS"

Time to Switch to DISH - fair warning to people on the Left Coast (aka West Coast) who enjoy Pac 12 college sports - DirecTV doesn't have the Pac12 network.   Just so you don't jump out of the NO Fox Sports 2 Frying Pan into NO Pac-12 Network Fire...

I am missing Supercross Dallas tonight, but DISH is on thier way to my house!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@captainfish wrote:

well with all the great new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

Yeah, see the posts also about this in this thread over on the X1 board:

NASCAR Fans

Highlighted
New Poster

Just adding my comment to the list in hopes that if enough people request it they will work out how to get FS2 on xfinity.  I have also sent an email to Fox expressing my thoughts on how not having FS2 creates a poor customer experience because you get a piece of the content but not all of the content.  

I am more interested in FS2 for international soccer because Fox Sports just picked up the broadcast rights to the Bundesliga and I just want to be able to watch my favorite team, Bayern Munich, play as well as watch games from other top leagues.  

They say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so hopefully if we all squeak loud enough they will listen and take steps in the appropriate direction. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@mccoy86 wrote:

Because Ted completely ignored the question about where to send feedback, I went and found this page where you can send feedback to the Senior VP of Customer Service: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form (you may have to copy and paste the address into your browser).

I got a response from an assistant, who did not say much. If enough of us send e-mails, however, they might notice. .

I sent in my feedback too, and got this response (probably just like yours) from an assistant in Tom Karinshak's office:

Dear Mr. [telcodad],

My name is Janel and I am one of the agents assisting the Office of Tom Karinshak. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and I will be working to address your concerns.

I have submitted your request for Fox Sports 2 to be added to your local channel lineup and your request will be tracked under ER-02745XXXX. We do track requests, so we appreciate your feedback. You can also submit a Customer Feedback Form on www.Comcast.com. We typically do not publicly disclose the discussions we may be in with any programmer for carriage of a channel. With so many new channels being introduced from various programmers, and the diversity of our customers' interests, we strive to provide a wide variety of quality services that will be of value to all of our customers. We strive to provide the best in cable programming at a fair price. Each channel we offer to our customers is chosen based on many factors that help to position the programming to appeal to a diverse population. Several factors are taken into consideration, such as:

·  Quality and diversity of programming

·  Legal requirements

·  Federal regulations and restrictions

·  Contracts

·  Customer feedback

·  Cost

·  Level of local interest and viewership studies

We cannot speculate on possible future channel additions until a launch is announced; however, we regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are providing the content that our customers want the most. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to respond directly back to this e-mail.

Mr. [telcodad], we appreciate your business here at Comcast and thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concern.

Sincerely,

Janel J.

Office of Tom Karinshak

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I got the same letter from "Janel J." last year.  I wonder just how many people were clammering for "Al Jazeera" when they foisted that one off on us? 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it has become ridiculous at this point.

Simple added channels that we used to have, and cannot be very expensive to carry, like Fox Sports 2, and, say, the Antenna Channel, are causing hundreds of thousands of subscribers to band together in their dissatisfaction from coast to coast. It seems folks in every region are expressing similar comments.

Highlighted
Contributor

Those of us who enjoy watching NASCAR events are also hosed this Wednesday when two separate practice sessions are both being televised on Fox sports 2.

The thing that makes all of this so maddening is that Comcast by their own announcement in August 2013 stated that both Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were both coming to replace SPEED.

Here we are a year and a half later and we still don't have a Fox sports 2 and yet Xfinity is now sponsoring the old nationwide series. wonder what they're going to do when some of the nationwide races , qualifying or practice sessions will be on Fox sports 2?
Highlighted
Contributor

Oh, here is a really good article written in September of last year, regarding Comcast and Xfinity taking over the nationwide series and the problems it presents by not having Fox sports 2:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link.  It was posted on this thread last fall, but some may have missed it.  I'm not sure if anything has changed for this season, but traditionally, ESPN has carried all of the second tier NASCAR coverage (Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity Series), so I wouldn't make a difference whether or not COMCAST brings in FOX SPORTS 2.  What may happen though, is once FOX is done with it's part of SPRINT CUP for the year, you may find more and more of the ancillary coverage (practices, qualis, etc) pushed over to FS2 instead of FS1.  This would be a way for FOX to keep the pressure on COMCAST by keeping us pi$$ed off.  I haven't heard anything definite, but I wouldn't be surprised, given the way things have gone so far.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm with you Mike, I just noticed a lot of practice that we watched in prior years will not be available for us this year!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

What i find amazing is that Xfinity sponsers a NASCAR series and don't offer FOX Sports 2, shich they plan on televising on! Seriously looking at Dish or anyother satalite program, now thats losing a triple play and a Xfinity Business Account, Guess ya'll just don't care anyway who you run off!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I agree and if they really gave a S%#7 it would of been resolved a long time ago . I did not say to much last NASCAR season figuring by the 2015 season I would have it . I am missing the first live FS2 broadcast from Daytona as I type . I only need to ask one more question now to DIRECT TV and I have one triple play that will be gone

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

I'm not sure if anything has changed for this season, but traditionally, ESPN has carried all of the second tier NASCAR coverage (Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity Series), so I wouldn't make a difference whether or not COMCAST brings in FOX SPORTS 2.  What may happen though, is once FOX is done with it's part of SPRINT CUP for the year, you may find more and more of the ancillary coverage (practices, qualis, etc) pushed over to FS2 instead of FS1. 

Actually, this season, the Xfinity Series races will now be televised on the Fox or Fox Sports 1 (FS1) channels up until July, and then on the NBC or NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) channels:

2015 Xfinity Series Schedule

http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2015/story/_/page/2015-xfinity-schedule
However, I would expect that (similar to what had been frequently done by ESPN), in cases where the previous sports program on FS1 is running over, Fox may end up moving the start of  the Xfinity Series race coverage to FS2, which means that we will be SOL, unless Comcast and Fox get their act together and come to an agreement on providing us FS2!

Highlighted
New Poster

Today The Cup practice was on FXSPT2

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update

Highlighted
New Poster

Due to this (FS2) and Comcast general lack of customer serivce in my area, I have an appointment this afternoon to have Direct TV installed..   See you on the other side..

S

Highlighted
New Poster

BTW...  Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

It’s not a deal breaker – after all, Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN, which will air NASCAR next season – but it’s a stumbling block for sure. Fox Sports 2 is only available in 37 million homes and most relevant for this story, Comcast Xfinity does not carry the channel. It wouldn’t come as a complete shock if suddenly Comcast began carrying FS2 by the time the NASCAR season begins next year. And that would be welcome news for Fox, who desperately needs to increase distribution for the channel. If that’s indeed the case, the new NASCAR TV deal would be a bigger win for Fox than they may have initially realized.

There was also another interesting quote in the USA Today story that piqued my interest.

Comcast’s Peter Intermaggio said one of the company’s goals was for fans to be able to access content on a variety of platforms and devices. No details were offered as to how that technology might be used.

This seems like your basic executive speak, but considering the prevalence of streaming apps, could something new be in the works between Comcast and NASCAR? Perhaps an all-encompassing, free-to-Comcast-subscribers NASCAR portal could be in the works, making use of Comcast’s ownership of NBC and the monstrous, multi-billion media deal they signed with Fox a year or so ago.

We’ll see what ends up happening, but this sponsorship deal is more than just slapping a new name on the same product. It could have some very tangible effects on the wider sports media landscape.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@telcodad wrote:

@captainfish wrote:

well with all the great new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

Yeah, see the posts also about this in this thread over on the X1 board:

NASCAR Fans

An article on the MCN site today about this enhancement to the X1 Sports App:

Comcast Gears Up For NASCAR
Expands X1 Sports App, Revs Up More VOD Content

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - February 19, 2015

http://www.multichannel.com/news/interactive-tv/comcast-gears-nascar/388170

However, there's no mention about Comcast not carrying FS2 in most of their markets.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@karenalex wrote:

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

I have FS2 on the Digital Preferred tier here in Eastern Mass. It's in SD not HD.  I had it long before I switched to X1.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

what channel in eastern MA? I live in Boston and I can't find it...I have the top of the line package for cable excluding TMC

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2

Why can't we get Fox Sports 2 for all the great soccer games? Xfinity seems like they're always the last to get on board.

Highlighted
New Poster

Come on, it's about time for FS2. Are you waiting to make it a PPV channel?

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox Sports 2 is a necessity for Supercross.  I may have to find a provider that will provide what I need if I cannot get that here.

Highlighted
New Poster

I see the Butler basketball game on Saturday 2/28 is on Fox Sports 2. That means because I am a comcast customer I will not be able to watch it unless I find a sports bar. I pay Comcast almost $300 per month for my triple play. I have had about all I can take and will be making calls to other carriers on Monday.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

I agree and if they really gave a S%#7 it would of been resolved a long time ago . I did not say to much last NASCAR season figuring by the 2015 season I would have it . I am missing the first live FS2 broadcast from Daytona as I type . I only need to ask one more question now to DIRECT TV and I have one triple play that will be gone

BTW, we're not alone, as it looks like AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports programing now:

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games

By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com – March 2, 2015

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox030215.htm

“AT&T's U-Verse TV customers could not watch a NASCAR race and a Big East college basketball game over the weekend on Fox Sports 1 due to a fee fight between the companies.

The blackout confused many U-Verse subscribers because the Fox Sports 1 channel remains in AT&T's lineup, minus the missing events. Fox Sports 1 is asking the telco for extra fees to carry certain events on the sports network, including NASCAR Xfinity series races, Big East basketball games and United States Golf Association tournaments.

Fox says that if AT&T won't pay, it will lose access to those events. The select blackout started Saturday with the broadcast of the NASCAR Xfinity race.

AT&T blasted the demand for extra fees, setting up a web page that says: "While it's important for us that we provide our customers with the content they want, we are continuously working to keep our costs down. And we don't believe it is reasonable to pass on the added costs of carrying this programming to our customers."

AT&T also took a shot at the events that will be blacked out, saying their "viewership is low for all three."

Fox Sports 1 has also posted a web page alerting AT&T customers that they could lose access to the NASCAR races, college basketball games, golf tournaments and some soccer matches.”

While Comcast and Fox had signed that “comprehensive programming agreement" back in February 2013:

Fox and Comcast Announce Comprehensive Programming Agreement

Comcast Voices blog - February 12, 2013

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/fox-and-comcast-announce-comprehensive-progr...

This is also why we probably don’t have FS2 yet:

“The fight over rising sports fees is nothing new in the industry. But it is unusual, albeit not unique, for a programmer to ask a TV provider for additional fees after the original carriage agreement was signed. Fox Sports 1 obtained the rights to these events after it signed its deal with AT&T and therefore says the telco should now pay more to air them.”

Highlighted
New Poster

Fuel TV doesnt seem like a great match for fox sports picks since they specialize in showing surfing, biking, and more extreme sports where as Fox Sports is known predominantly for its Major League Baseball deal and they are trying to regain momentum and pick up more Basketball and collegiate football matches.

I would see Comcast (parent company of NBC) being a better suitor for acquiring Fuel since they are so diverse.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@telcodad wrote:

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

BTW, we're not alone, as it looks like AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports programing now:

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games

By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com – March 2, 2015

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox030215.htm

An article on the Multichannel News site today about this AT&T/Fox "disagreement" over FS1:

Fox, AT&T At Loggerheads Over FS1 Action
U-Verse Customers Will Miss NASCAR, College Hoops Contests
By Mike Farrell, Multichannel News - March 5, 2015

http://www.multichannel.com/news/telco-tv/fox-att-loggerheads-over-fs1-games/388543

Highlighted
New Poster

in Harrisburg Pa, why isnt FS2 available ??????????

in Harrisburg PA why isnt FS2 available ??

Highlighted
New Poster

Why doesn't Comcast have a channel for Fox Sports 2,  I am missing a lot of Nascar racing and practices and other sports.  What is the problem, it must be money, right.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Fos Sports 2

I would like to know why Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2?

Cathy Hoffman

Highlighted
New Poster

Please add Fox Sports 2 to your line up.. I have the sports line up BUT no Fox Sports 2.. I'm a Nascar Fan and can not watch some of my shows.. Come on COMCAST do you not have enough money COMCAST!!! maybe you should watch youtube ( Comcast doesnt give a F%$^ about you) 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dear XFINITY, Please consider adding FOX Sports 2 to your basic/poor peoples package. I cant watch the XFINITY NASCAR Series on my XFINITY TV. Thank You very much!