ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

308 Messages

9 years ago

The areas that have access to Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel) are areas that Comcast purchased from other providers, and existing programming contracts are resulting in the network being carried in areas where it otherwise wouldn't be.

Most of these areas descend from Adelphia or SusCom, a formerly regional provider in some parts of Central PA. Some areas also carry Fox Sports 2 that were formerly Time Warner Cable markets that were divested as the companies now attempting to merge divided up Adelphia assets. These markets are mostly found in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, Houston, and Memphis.

For everyone else, it's going to take a new deal with FOX to bring access to Fox Sports 2 content, and to get an HD feed, which is carried on many other providers now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

FIFA Club World Cup Final is airing live on FS2. And we can get it. Another big game I'm going to miss. Thank you .

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I guess when ever the Nascar Season starts with the new Xfinity Series is when they will start talking

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2014/10/16/Media/Xfinity.aspx?

Important quote from this article... But Gelston noted there may be "one speed bump: Xfinity does not carry Fox Sports 2 on its cable systems, which the company hoped to have straightened out" in time for the '15 NASCAR season.

I would expect to see it by February.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Please consider addign Fox Sports 2 to your channel line up.  As a NASCAR fan I am missing out on many events that I should be able to see for what I pay Comcast each month.  The whole reason, years ago, that I upgraded to all of the channels I have now was so that I could have SPEED Channel.  Then Fox Sports took over and Comcast did not keep up to satisfy the NASCAR fans.  Please consider adding Fox Sports 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I also would like fox sports 2 for some soccer games.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Really is terrible that once again, COMCAST and FOX is preventing us from watching the complete ROLEX 24 @ Daytona.  We get to miss four hours of afternoon coverage (prime time for those on the East Coast)  because it will be on FOX SPORTS 2.  Even if you go to the IMSA website and click on the "live broadcast" button, you are prevented from streaming the coverage. (I found a workaround, using my good old VPN, so it looks like my iPad is in the UK.)  Picture is not as good, but at least I can watch the whole race, commercial free.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

markdartj

I wisn they had fxs2 but, you can watch live stream/ live coverage online at this link, and all night when not on Cable stations

http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

hope this helps...

Raider

let me know if it works so others will be able to see it too

this should be the correct link as I'm watchin it right now

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Has ANYONE from COMCAST ever addressed this issue? I can't find anything regarding adding this channel to the Sacramento area lineup. Makes me angry.. there are so many useless channels out there that are carried. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks, I'm able to stream this. I couldn't find it online. Only the incar cams for the different prototypes

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

This situation has been addressed by numerous customers in numerous ways (this thread is now 19 pages and still active after a year and a half). I have talked to Comcast executives personally, and been told basically "don't hold your breath". I also have contacted Fox, as they are just as culpable. When the network stopped broadcasting he race Fter 2 hours, I was pleased to find that IMSA.com is indeed providing streaming of the broadcast while it's on FS2. I also rather listen to commentary by Radio Lemans, so all is well in my world now. I've given up hope of seeing FS2 anytime soon.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Ot is time for Comcast to start carrying Fox Sports 2. i was a big fan of the Speed Channel and I am tored of not being able to see racing events be ouse comcast chooses to not carry FS2.

Maybe I need to considergoing back to Direct TV!

Contributor

• 

220 Messages

9 years ago

Well, now that Comcast has signed a 10-year agreement to be the new title sponsor of the formerly-named NASCAR "Nationwide Series," the hope is that Comcast will start carrying FS2 in all of their markets this year, in order to provide full coverage of the (now-named) "Xfinity Series."

See: http://racing.ap.org/article/xfinity-has-bold-plans-nascar-coverage

Gold Problem Solver

• 

6K Messages

9 years ago

Comcast does carry FS2. Like any channel lineup it may not be available in all areas.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

We can only hope!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here