Fox Sports 2

Highlighted
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: How much longer to get Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

COMCAST WE NEED FOX SPORTS 2 ADDED TO THE LINE UP!!!!!

OR ITS BACK TO DIRECT TV FOR US!!

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@cousinspub wrote:

COMCAST WE NEED FOX SPORTS 2 ADDED TO THE LINE UP!!!!!

OR ITS BACK TO DIRECT TV FOR US!!

Unfortunately, I think it's probably gonna be back to Direct TV for you.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Does Comcast ever add any channels?  Serously, when is the last time they had a serious nationwide roll out of new channels? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Your Comcast Guarantee # 6 & 7 states you will address problems quickly and you will provide the "Best" & "Most" video choices. Though mergers and your last few Chanel realignments I have lost a considerable amount of my choices. I have seen what appears to be unmonitored forms with thousands of angry/disappointed customers asking for the same things.
What i wan't to know is when your going to live up to your guarantee and provide the following programming, FS2, MAVTV, and BEIN?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I've grown diappointed in the Comcast services.   The brand is not fresh, the competition, although smaller has bypassed them in quality and quantity of services. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You will soon be treated to the same kiind of exciting motor racing programming that we have on FS1 (Formerly Speed).  Today, Jul27, we have Cliff Diving, Skateboarding, soccer, MLB, etc, etc.   These are all fine sports but IMO they have nothing to do with motor racing.   I used to wake up, to Speed and it would stay on that channel all day.  Now I seldom see it.    But it appears no one at the networks want to hear what the people paying for their service want.   Because they keep doing the same thing again and again.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Lasalle123 wrote:

Does Comcast ever add any channels?  Serously, when is the last time they had a serious nationwide roll out of new channels? 

I'd be happy if they woud remove some channels!  AlHJerreza?  does anyone watch it?  Personally, I could live without the numerous variation of MTV, VH1 and all the country music channels - I took Comcasts channel listing a while back and marked the ones I watch even once in a while - out of several hundred channels, I watch 30.  It is no longer worth it to me.  I am either going to directTV, Dish or probably the best choice at all - nothing at all.   After all, I can get the racing I want from internet sources....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

According to the Comcast Rep I just chatted with, Fox Sports 2 will FINALLY be available to customers on 08/26/14. It's about time!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'll believe it when I see it.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I would have thought it would have been on everyone's bill after the SEC channels were listed, but hey, what do I know.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I tried a online chat today to check on the date you got and it was also confirmed that Fox Sports 2 would launch on August 26.

Apparently available in HD as well.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just spent 45 minutes with an online chat agent who was the most obtuse person I've ever encountered.  What area do you live in, and have they announced what channel it will be on?  The agent I had just didn't have a clue.  You would think that if they are adding programming, there would be a memo on their bulletin board for them to see.  She spent 45 minutes and came up with the idea that all I had to to was check on COMCAST's website, where of course there is no mention of Fox Sports 2.  My god, they can be an irritating company sometimes.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I live in Naperville - about 45 mins west of Chicago.

She couldn't get me a channel number - wasn't expecting she could, but thought I would ask.

She said an email would be sent out to let everyone know the channel...etc

I could always just have been blowing smoke up my........only time will tell.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I hope it's true! Will we have to pay more to get it? They've added SEC for no extra charge. Just what we need. More football channels! We need a channel only with racing like Speed was! They have them for every other sport!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ grantsa4, lipstick cat, et all.

I tried again today to get a confirmation regarding Fox Sports 2 coming to Xfinity on the 26th of August.

Here is what transpired:
Kao I understand that you want to take advantage of the promotions regarding the Fox Sports 2 to be available on wide areas. And upon double checking our system, we currently do not have a promotions regarding this. I do apologize for the misinformation. No worries I will make a report on this and we will notify you through mail for the updates if we have this promotion. KAO_: So these other "agents" were lying to their clients? KAO_: I'm not interested in "promotions". I just want the channel. I have been waiting for a year now. I don't give a fig about the SEC channel. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Marjorie: I understand that this is a misinformation. But we can not rely if this is a misinformation from our agent since we do not have an update on this from our system and we can not tell if it was a misinformation from our agents since you only see it on the forum. KAO_: OK then, I guess Direct TV, here I come. Thanks for your help.

So it looks like FS2 is still a no go.  I cannot believe they cant look up the forums themselves, and why some agents know about this, but others do.  Either my agent has her head you know where, or your agent was lying to you.  I guess we'll find out on the 26th of August.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Mark, I'll try another agent later today and see what happens - thought that since we'd had 2 agents confirm it was launching that we were all set.

Could also just wait until next week and see if it shows up or not.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@markdartj

I would guess that the agent you spoke with was confused, considering she kept calling it a "promotion" not a channel addition.

I'm more inclined to believe the agent I chatted with and the one grantsa4 did, because they both gave us an actual date that it will be available to customers and it was the same date of August 26.

At the time of my chat, this is what I was told:

Margarite > But no worries, we are updating the channel now. And this will be available on the said date. 

Margarite > I can definitely assure you, Fox Sports 2 channel will be available on 08/26/14.

I suppose we will all know for sure next week.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just simply checked Comcast TV Guide for 26th and even 27th of this month.

No sign of any FS2.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Like the guide on your cable box? Or online guide? Or tv paper guide (if that still exists)?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Broni

I tried that last year for FS1 before the launch date and couldn't see it either, so I wouldn't use that as a gage for FS2.

I would think if the channel hasn't been uploaded yet, it won't show it in the guide even for the future date.

We will probably receive an email regarding the lauch of FS2, like we did for FS1.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The person I chatted to said an email would be sent out.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just chatted with another person to see if I got the same info again and this time they said it is launching, but they don't know when. It could be the 26th, it could be another day :

Juliet: Upon checking, there is no update yet as to when it will launch.

GRANT I_: hmmm, so not launching next week on the 26th?

Juliet: That is still tentative for now, Grant.

GRANT I_: so it may launch on that date?

Juliet: Yes, that is correct.

GRANT I_: But it may not launch at all?

Juliet: We will indeed launch it

GRANT I_: So it is definitely launching, but you don't know when?

Juliet: That is correct.

GRANT I_: Gotcha

Highlighted
Official Employee

All - apologies for any incorrect information that you may have recently received..

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Surprise, suprise.....  Can't say I didn't see that coming...

Good grief... over a year and still no FOX Sports 2.  Even though their annocuement over a year ago stated it was coming.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just find it frustrating that at least 1 chat person blatantly lied to me.

I would have been fine with a "No, sorry, I don't see it being added at all", but I chatted to one person online who said that it would definitely be launching on Tuesday.

Oh well I guess.......

Highlighted
Contributor

On to Dish we go!

Highlighted
Contributor

Even tho Xfinity is going to be the Sponsor for the Nascar Trucks next year we still can't get FS2

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ken0965 wrote:

Even tho Xfinity is going to be the Sponsor for the Nascar Trucks next year ...

Actually, it's NASCAR's secondary series, currently being sponsored by Nationwide Insurance, that Comcast is in contract negotiations with NASCAR to be the new sponsor of: 

Xfinity, NASCAR closer to deal

Highlighted
Contributor

ok so I said the wrong one,My point is why would we as the viewers want to just see part of the action because we don't have FS2. I really wish someone else would out bid Xfinity on this and Xfinity would close its doors.They have no customer service,they could care less if everyone switched to another company,I have called 3 times about my cable just going off and they say yes we see where you have called inbut let us know if it happens again and the time and date.I am really tired of Comcast

Highlighted
Contributor
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That was funny.  Comcast Customer Care is a big joke.  This is what I think is going on;  they hire out the service utilizing call centers from India.  I talk to Mary, Tom, Pete, all American sounding names, but they all have accents that suggest they are in India.  This whole deal about COMCAST adding FOX SPORTS 2 on the 26th of this month is a good case in point.  In most cases, I had to explain what FOX SPORTS 2 was;  they hadn't a clue.  Also, they miss the subleties of our language.  Likely a recently learned second language for them. LIke the forum, all you get with an online chat is a way to vent.  The thing is, though, COMCAST knows when it has you over a barrel.In some areas, they are almost a monopoy.  My partner doesn't even watch regular TV, just Netflix, and Apple TV.  I wouldn't care except I am an NFL fan, as well as a long time baseball fan.  I also watch many different forms of motorsports, from F-1 to NHRA.

So even though I threaten to cut the cord, it isn't going t o happen soon.  Even if I did, I wouldn't save money, since they would charge more for phone and internet.  Their internet service I have no complaints about.  What I do resent is being force fed what they decide we should watch, not what we want, and there is no mechanism for customers to get what they want.  That is what is so frustrating.  I just knew it was too good to be true that we would get FS2.  I've given up caring about it.  Good luck folks.  Oh, and those who are considering DIrect TV- they aren't much better, and I wouldn't touch DISH if they paid me to use it.

Highlighted
New Poster

SO TRUE!!!  Get rid of the extra non-english speaking stations and make them a separate package AND fill those channel slots with more highly demanded (by us Americans) networks like Fox Sports 2. Comcast is loosing its grip as Direct TV and FiOS offer DVR options and channel lineups as well as much better pricing.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I agree! The online rep straight out lied to me also! She was so convincing giving me an exact date of 08/26/14. That really annoys me!

I called and spoke with a rep and she said the only update regarding FS2 she could see was that in August Comcast was working to get Fox to allow FS2 to be added to additional customer areas. But as of now, it will not be added. This info was also confirmed by a supervisor. She also said if we didn't have Fuel TV at the time it was switched to FS2, we wouldn't get FS2 for now. Fox would not agree to add it to additional customer areas. At least this rep seemed more knowledgeable and wouldn’t confirm anything before she double checked it. According to her, she doesn’t get FS2 either, but wants it as well. That was comical.

I get why people are mad at Comcast, I'm angry the rep lied, but I think Fox has a big part in the lack of FS2 for us.

The whole thing is just frustrating!

@grantsa4 wrote:

I just find it frustrating that at least 1 chat person blatantly lied to me.

I would have been fine with a "No, sorry, I don't see it being added at all", but I chatted to one person online who said that it would definitely be launching on Tuesday.

Oh well I guess.......

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast, please add Fox Sports 2 to your line up!

Highlighted
New Poster

Absolutely. Fox Sports 2 is starting to show more UFC programming and I assume will show college football sooner or later. This is an absolute must add!

Highlighted
Contributor

its hard to watch something on FS2 when you don't get it! 

Most of Nascar is on FS2 this weekend and I thought Xfinty was going to be part of Nascar next year. If so you need to step up your game or loss a lot of people

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

well its 8/29/14 and i dont have it

Highlighted
New Poster

WHERE IS FOX SPORTS 2

We're NASCAR fans.  Many instances of qualifing and practice are on Fox Sports 2.  We're even willing to pay for it.....when will it be available?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: WHERE IS FOX SPORTS 2

I am not for this if they are not going to give us Fox Sports 2!       http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-ready-to-name-new-entitlement-sponsor-for-nationwide-se...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Now that Comcast Xfinity has signed an agreement for sponsorship with NASCAR, certainly they will want to provide complete access to NASCAR programming. This requires access to Fox Sports 2 for all of us. I expect this channel to be added to the lineup sooner rather than later.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Leojack wrote:
Now that Comcast Xfinity has signed an agreement for sponsorship with NASCAR, certainly they will want to provide complete access to NASCAR programming. This requires access to Fox Sports 2 for all of us. I expect this channel to be added to the lineup sooner rather than later.

Leojack,

Would you like to maybe make a financial wager on your statement? I'm thinking we have already been on the "hook" for this for how long????????? Another year or two will not really matter to Comcast.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Good luck with that, been waiting a year and still nothing.
Xfinity / Comcast is not interested in what Motorsport fans and viewers want. Numerous requests get tossed aside or the usual rhetoric from ComcadtTeds. This own
I'm leaving to direct tv once my contract expires.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No wagers, but from a sponsor's point of view, don't you want to provide your customers with every opportunity to hear your name as title sponsor. Nationwide qualifying was on FS2 at Atlanta and denying us the opportunity to watch, especially with availability on the Fox mobile app, seems like a missed opportunity. I'm no expert, but to me that just makes sense, at least beginning next year, from the advertising angle. I would think that they would want to make sure that customers would have access to every event in the sponsored series. I am certainly not holding my breath.
Highlighted
Contributor

Comcast owns NBC.  You will more than likely see what was on FOXsports2 going to NBCSports.  Doesn't matter I'm switching to Dish.  They have MAVTV

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sure it makes sense for them to give us Foxsports2 now but will that matter? No, because they only give us the channels that don't cost them much & I'm guessing they just don't want to pay for it. I also keep seeing commercials for MAVTV. Does anyone get this? I don't & it looks kinda like Speed did. I'm sure we'll never get this either.

Regular Visitor

Now that Comcast/ Xfinity is a title sponsor for Nascar will we be getting Fox sports 2 now or will we have to go to Direct tv to get It?

Highlighted
Contributor

I would be checking with  Direct TV,they have had over a year to get it,and at this point they have not said they are even thinking about getting it. So if I was you I would be ready to go to  Direct TV.Its sad Comcast had put a bad taste in its customers mouth.But I guess they think loosing the ones that wants FS2 isn't going to hurt them!